Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-01-2019, 05:56 PM   #196
Stevecsd2

Steven Koonin Article

This is well worth a read. It is not as settled as HCAP would like us to believe.

www.gregkarnescpa.com/app/download/5725309/Climate+Science+Is+Not+Settled+-+WSJ.pdf
Stevecsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2019, 03:28 AM   #197
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTR
U.S. Senate Report: Over 400 Prominent Scientists Disputed Man-Made Global Warming Claims in 2007
https://www.epw.senate.gov/public/in...02cb&Issue_id=
Tell us the number of climatologists in this study (prominent is meaningless} who have published peer reviewed papers and please link to the documentation verifying that data.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:30 AM   #198
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecsd2 View Post
This is well worth a read. It is not as settled as HCAP would like us to believe.

www.gregkarnescpa.com/app/download/5725309/Climate+Science+Is+Not+Settled+-+WSJ.pdf
Here we go again

Not Found

The requested URL /forum/www.gregkarnescpa.com/app/download/5725309/Climate+Science+Is+Not+Settled+-+WSJ.pdf was not found on this server.

Old 03-02-2019, 03:51 AM   #199
davew

try this - it auto-redirects

davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2019, 04:08 AM   #200
hcap

Ugh, Can not extract text from your article. But as far as I can tell, he agrees that there is little doubt the scientific consensus is correct about humans affecting climate, but he objects to how much change there will be.

However the article is from 2014. He is behind the times. What does he say now?

Btw this is what "settled" means scientifically

Quote:
No science is ever “settled”; science deals in probabilities, not certainties. When the probability of something approaches 100%, then we can regard the science, colloquially, as “settled”.

The skeptics say that results must be double-checked and uncertainties must be narrowed before any action should be taken. This sounds reasonable enough – but by the time scientific results are offered up to policymakers, they have already been checked and double-checked and quintuple-checked.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:05 AM   #201
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

NFC, hcap.
NFC.

Man has been adapting to climate changes for thousands of years.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:35 AM   #202
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
NFC, hcap.
NFC.

Man has been adapting to climate changes for thousands of years.
NFC?

I guess you are admitting to being a "NO FACTS CHIMP"?

At the puiblication of his artikcle in 2014, Mr Koonin is admitting to human influenced climate change, but is questioning policy decisions.

2014, as I said is dated.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:58 AM   #203
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Nobody * Cares.

Try to act like an adult when you post in public.
The reason so many people not care if probably because childish people like you acxt here are the major proponents of it. Yo are bad for your message.
We might care if someone with credibility posted about it.

Last edited by Tom; 03-02-2019 at 11:59 AM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2019, 12:04 PM   #204
hcap

Quote:
Nobody * Cares.

Try to act like an adult when you post in public.
How am I not?
All I did was say the 2014 paper did not dispute the consensus view bur as of 2014 disputed the urgency of doing anything.

I did not call you Chumpetrte, but perhaps in AGW threads "NO Facts Chimpertte" NFC, is appropriate.

Last edited by hcap; 03-02-2019 at 12:05 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2019, 01:41 PM   #205
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
How am I not?
All I did was say the 2014 paper did not dispute the consensus view bur as of 2014 disputed the urgency of doing anything.

I did not call you Chumpetrte, but perhaps in AGW threads "NO Facts Chimpertte" NFC, is appropriate.

You have no clue what you post - reality is beyond your grasp.
Random madness.
Quote:
I guess you are admitting to being a "NO FACTS CHIMP"?
Old 03-02-2019, 04:48 PM   #206
hcap

Quote:
You have no clue what you post - reality is beyond your grasp.
Random madness.
You discuss this topic with wrong facts and assumptions. Although man has adapted, the current accelerating rate of warming, will present difficulties compared to the earlier scarcer agrarian societies of the past, with newer problems.

Are the Effects of Global Warming Really that Bad?
https://www.nrdc.org/stories/are-eff...ing-really-bad

And your "2 Bens" are specifically minus all pertinent facts.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:02 PM   #207
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

See, your post has ZERO to do with the one of mine you quoted!

You are lost - you have no clue what you are posting.

Sleep-posting!
Old 03-02-2019, 05:36 PM   #208
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Tell us the number of climatologists in this study (prominent is meaningless} who have published peer reviewed papers and please link to the documentation verifying that data.
There are many links on that and this .gov page that will enlighten and educate you if you care to look... now over 700 disagree.

Skeptical scientists are gaining recognition despite what many say is a bias against them in parts of the scientific community and are facing significant funding disadvantages. Hmmm why is that.. one wonders.

https://www.epw.senate.gov/public/in...b-bd9faf4dcdb7

But I'll post a few... Highlights of the Updated Senate Report featuring over 700 international scientists dissenting from man-made climate fears:

“Since I am no longer affiliated with any organization nor receiving any funding, I can speak quite frankly….As a scientist I remain skeptical...The main basis of the claim that man’s release of greenhouse gases is the cause of the warming is based almost entirely upon climate models. We all know the frailty of models concerning the air-surface system.” - Atmospheric Scientist Dr. Joanne Simpson, the first woman in the world to receive a PhD in meteorology, and formerly of NASA, who has authored more than 190 studies and has been called “among the most preeminent scientists of the last 100 years.”

“The IPCC has actually become a closed circuit; it doesn’t listen to others. It doesn’t have open minds… I am really amazed that the Nobel Peace Prize has been given on scientifically incorrect conclusions by people who are not geologists.” - Indian geologist Dr. Arun D. Ahluwalia at Punjab University and a board member of the UN-supported International Year of the Planet.

“Anyone who claims that the debate is over and the conclusions are firm has a fundamentally unscientific approach to one of the most momentous issues of our time.” - Solar physicist Dr. Pal Brekke, senior advisor to the Norwegian Space Centre in Oslo. Brekke has published more than 40 peer-reviewed scientific articles on the sun and solar interaction with the Earth

“After reading [UN IPCC chairman] Pachauri's asinine comment [comparing skeptics to] Flat Earthers, it's hard to remain quiet.” - Climate statistician Dr. William M. Briggs, who specializes in the statistics of forecast evaluation, serves on the American Meteorological Society's Probability and Statistics Committee and is an Associate Editor of Monthly Weather Review.

“For how many years must the planet cool before we begin to understand that the planet is not warming? For how many years must cooling go on?" - Geologist Dr. David Gee the chairman of the science committee of the 2008 International Geological Congress who has authored 130 plus peer reviewed papers, and is currently at Uppsala University in Sweden.

These are just a few... hundreds more.. and inks galore. See all those blue colored words are links...

Last edited by OntheRail; 03-02-2019 at 05:48 PM.
OntheRail is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2019, 05:50 PM   #209
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTR
There are many links on that and this .gov page that will enlighten and educate you if you care to look... now over 700 disagree.
I am waiting for you to link to one that specifies how many climatologist (with peer reviewed papers preferentially) disagree with the consensus in the senate study.

Why can't you even show us that link, and while your at it how does a study done 7 years ago increase it's numbers? .
Quote:
Originally Posted by you
now over 700 disagree.
You are long on talk, but very feeble on walk

Last edited by hcap; 03-02-2019 at 05:52 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2019, 05:53 PM   #210
hcap

Quote:
See, your post has ZERO to do with the one of mine you quoted!

You are lost - you have no clue what you are posting.

Sleep-posting!
You are not paying attention.