Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Library

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:02 PM   #46
goforgin
goforgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwel14
Don't know if Dave and Clint are the same person or not.
All i know is that I used one of their pen and paper systems on three races one day. I did a $1.00 three horse exacta box in each race. The first race, I got a $21.50 exacta. Missed the second. In the third race, I got a $471.50 exacta. My only regret is that I didn't play a $2.00 exacta.
Search RPM, Dave and Clint, or Len C above in the "Search". Plenty of old postings.
Good luck.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #47
jwel14

New rpm catalog

It doesn't bother me if this person is that person or not. And, I don't work for any of them. And, I'm not saying that what they have is the hoily grail. The world is full of rumors. But, not only did one of Len's sytems pick that $471.50 exacta. I got another system in the mail last Saturday. I checked it against the data I had downloaded from Brisnet. It picked that $100.50 winner at Aqueduct on Saturday. March 7th. I'm not saying that every day will be like that. But, those two systems did pick those 2 . One software I have, has picked the in the money horse more often than not. That's all I care about.
jwel14 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2009, 10:58 PM   #48
Wickel

What systems or software are you talking about? Don't be shy. We've probably discussed and re-hashed over each one at one time or another.
Wickel is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2009, 11:51 PM   #49
jwel14

New RPM catalog

The 2 exactas, I used the pen and paper Super-x. But, I boxed three horses and not two. The Millionaire and Super Chalk software has a couple freebies. One of them picked the $100.50 horse Saturday. My Dan Greer's Pro rated longshot program also picked that horse. The other program I have is the X-Minus, Cashin program is the one that does a good job of finding in the money horses. One thing about those two is that the X-Minus might give a horse a zero. And, the Cashin has it in the top 2. Several times the horse in that situation wins. So, of course there is some thinking involved. Using those two programs, I have never done worse than 3 out of 4 in the Grandslam. The funny thing was last Saturday< I played the GrandSlam. But the wrong races! It was always races 5-8 when I played it before. But, since the track had 10 races, it was 6-9. Anyway, I still got 3 out of 4 races including the winner in the 9!
What I've noticed about systems is that people need to give them a chance. people being what they are, try it one day lose money and give up.
The Super chalk software has days where the track doesn't have any picks at all. But, going through some of the days I played earlier. Out of 4-5 plays, the horse never did worse than second.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:55 AM   #50
Mike A
Laughcriminal

RPM

Judging from my experience with trying systems, I'd say to anyone whose experience with them is of short enough duration to make them seem profitable, "you need to give them more of a chance"...to fail, which is what they will eventually do.

Computer program-based "black box" systems actually do exist, and I don't know how or if the program-based variations of the systems sold by RPM differ from the paper+pencil versions, however I would be extremely leery of any version of any of the "systems" sold by them.

I am genuinely surprised they haven't been sued into oblivion for blatant misrepresentation of goods sold ages ago.

Be careful out there...especially when dealing with anyone who calls himself Clint Tracy, or Dick Eastwood, or Elvis Bronson.
Mike A is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2009, 10:15 AM   #51
ryesteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwel14
And, I don't work for any of them.
Well, you had me fooled for a second...

Seriously, if any system sold by RPM actually shows a profit over an extended period I've time, I'll eat it (including the staples)
ryesteve is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #52
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike A
I am genuinely surprised they haven't been sued into oblivion for blatant misrepresentation of goods sold ages ago.
My guess is that they have access to a giant database. They run a few statistical algorithms to find some factors that work well together over a particular time frame. So, when they show the consumer the "proof" of 32% winners at an average mutuel of $14.47 it's legit -- over those series of races. Basically backfitting, then selling the system based on the backfitted results.

I never read the fine print but maybe somewhere it says that past success does not guarantee future success.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #53
jwel14

NEW RPM CATALOG

To mention another "System" I was using the Pro Rated Longshots for several weekends. I hit 1 -2 longshots a day on 2 dollar bets. So, for one weekend, in this case, Friday-Saturday, I did $5.00 bets and didn't hit one. Then, the next time I did $2.00 bets and got one for $34.00. There are alot of bad systems out there. But, also, I have seen that there are alot of people who when they get one, they don't stick to it and learn from it long enough. They want a "I want to make hundreds by spending a few dollars way of doing things. My other 2 "systems" I have are Ray Taulbot's Pace Calculator and the Diamond System put out by Sharphorses. I have learned from all of them.
Have had no complaints from any of them.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:10 PM   #54
craig chapman

rpm

Stay away from money per race. It does not work. I have spoken to Len Cz over the phone in vegas. You just Can"t trust what he says about his methods. I would say a very tiny % of what RPM sells Will help a horseplayer.
craig chapman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #55
jwel14

I will say that all of the ones I've mentioned have helped me. A system is just a starting point. It isn't the final say-so. The Pro rated Longshots is great if a person wants to put the most likely longshots in their Trifectas and superfectas. Since it was created in 1975, it has picked at least hundreds per year. I know it isn't an RPM product. But, I wanted to mention it, to make the point that what the person does with any "system" is what counts. For anyone who hates a particuar system. There could be an equal number that likes it.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:54 PM   #56
dav4463

If you could get one super-program that put all the RPM systems in at the same time, you would probably have a system that picked every single horse in a race to win.

The trick would be to know which system will hit a particular race.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:46 PM   #57
timtam

Pro Rated Long shots was actually part of a program sold by Mel

Shrawder using Chuck Blaskower's methods. It was called Power Zap and

was out in the mid-late 80's under the DOS setup. He had different

methods and each produced their results for each race. Doing this from

memory there was Pro Rated Longshots, Hidden Profits, Place Your Bets,

Secrets of ?? Fit and Formful. Dave is somewhat right because after

you used all these methods for one race you did come up with lots of horses.

Pro Rated Longshots held its own even back then and I always checked

those horses closely but I don't know if it made a profit by itself over the

long haul. I had the system on diskette but it required a password and when

I contacted Mel to upgrade it he said it would take alot of time and effort

to upgrade it to windows. At the time he had his own project he was working

on but he did put Win Generate on windows for me so I was thankful for that.
timtam is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2009, 08:21 PM   #58
JCB
Journeyman

Power Zap didn't have the same system as Dan Geer did. I used Power Zap. Cost $200 then, about 2001 I think. It was a windows program then and it had a modler.. I modeled it over three months. Almost 12,000 races. Every system was a loser. None better than 15 cents on a dollar loss. Some thirty cents per dollar loss. Found a few that worked at this track or that track for the three months. Stopped working after that. High priced junk.

Bob Pitlak made a new variation of Geer's pro rated longshots. It also takes into account the number of horses in the race. The idea being that a horse who was first in a twelve horse field is better than one who was first in a five horse field. It doesn't have a modeler, but it does pretty good.
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2009, 11:51 PM   #59
timtam

What is the throw in system that accompanies Super Chalk/Race Track

Millionaire? I know it isn't Dan Geer's program it is by Chuck Blaskower.

It is the same one that was included in Power Zap. What were the

program titles on Power Zap? I can only remember a few.
timtam is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2009, 04:27 AM   #60
JCB
Journeyman

These were the methods in Power Zap 3, copied from the help file

TSC - Turbo Stretch Challenger
PFQ - Profits from Quitters
PSM - Power Spot Method
PPL - Profts Pattern Longshots
HOE - Horses on Edge
DDrop - Double Drop Spot Play
S-WO - Secret Workouts Equals Longshot Method
DRI - Dividends from Racing Investments
RR - Reliable Runners
HFL - Hidden Form Longshots
PYB - Place Your Bets II
ATH - Atomic Horse (Use top 5 ML or top 5 Sweeps picks for contenders)
RW - Secrets of Repeat Winners (Use top 5 ML or top 5 Sweeps picks for contenders)
FAF - Formful and Fit Method (Use top 5 ML or top 5 Sweeps picks for contenders)

It also had a Consensus play.
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply