Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:31 AM   #1321
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
If this is true that France, South Korea and China all agree this works....

WHY THE PANIC?....Makes Zero sense.
From what I can glean, the treatment protocols were first discovered through trial and error by a handful of doctors while treating covid-19 patients in China.

As covid-19 began showing up in other parts of the world, local doctors began asking their Chinese counterparts for help.

I think word about this has been circulating among doctors in the field for maybe a week or two.

This isn't a formal research study.

This is a handful of doctors who decided to create a control group while treating a small number of patients in the field - who decided to publish their results in hopes that other doctors working in the field might be able to get better outcomes for their patients.

Imo, not enough to snap the world out of panic mode just yet.

-jp

Old 03-19-2020, 12:35 AM   #1322
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Thanks Jeff.

Azithro is good shit.......I’ve taken it a few times.......

Z pack ? Is that the same stuff?

Looks like it Ralph:
https://www.google.com/search?client...what+is+z+pack

Quote:
Z-Pack is a form of the brand-name drug Zithromax, which contains the antibiotic azithromycin. Azithromycin is an antibiotic that can treat strep throat, though it's not a common choice for this infection.Mar 27, 2019
Treatments: Antibiotic

-jp

Old 03-19-2020, 12:35 AM   #1323
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Lots of weird happening these days...I'm just riding that wave...
You're coming off as being very bitter, but I understand it, you probably lost a shitload of money in the market. Seriously though, I really agree with you that there has been a huge amount of overreaction to the crisis. While I believe that this, or any other flu, can have a deadly impact on our vulnerable citizens, I also believe that they are the easiest to protect.

Many of the deaths in the U.S. have occurred in my area (Seattle suburbs), but it was really a freak occurrence. The staff at the LifeCare Center unknowingly brought germs into the facility and then there was an all resident party. It was impossible to protect those residents. Now it is much easier. Elderly people such as my parents are able to remain in the home. Groceries can be dropped off. They will ride it out.

What is a shame is that the government has opted to pose such severe restrictions that will cause people to lose their jobs and their businesses. $1000 will not help, and by the time the restrictions are lifted, it will be far too late.

Ultimately, it seems as though there could have been a response that falls somewhere between nothing and what is being done.

I hope that you gain back any losses, keep your job, and that your family remains healthy. It is becoming a cliche to say that this will pass. It will, but the aftermath will be a bitch.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:36 AM   #1324
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

The coronavirus is a PANDEMIC....PAN___IC by the DEM's

To be blunt....It's all over. Check's in the mail and 15 days lockdown coming right up.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2020, 12:49 AM   #1325
Ocala Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post

you place the thermometer under your tongue and read your temperature on an app on your phone.
Pretty sure you're not the only one reading your temperature. The COVID police will come to round you up or lock you down if you're running a temp. Yes, I know - sounds like something out of Q.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2020, 01:21 AM   #1326
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
You're coming off as being very bitter, but I understand it, you probably lost a shitload of money in the market. Seriously though, I really agree with you that there has been a huge amount of overreaction to the crisis. While I believe that this, or any other flu, can have a deadly impact on our vulnerable citizens, I also believe that they are the easiest to protect.

Many of the deaths in the U.S. have occurred in my area (Seattle suburbs), but it was really a freak occurrence. The staff at the LifeCare Center unknowingly brought germs into the facility and then there was an all resident party. It was impossible to protect those residents. Now it is much easier. Elderly people such as my parents are able to remain in the home. Groceries can be dropped off. They will ride it out.

What is a shame is that the government has opted to pose such severe restrictions that will cause people to lose their jobs and their businesses. $1000 will not help, and by the time the restrictions are lifted, it will be far too late.

Ultimately, it seems as though there could have been a response that falls somewhere between nothing and what is being done.

I hope that you gain back any losses, keep your job, and that your family remains healthy. It is becoming a cliche to say that this will pass. It will, but the aftermath will be a bitch.
Didn't lose a thing. I have no long term holdings in the market other than my 401k, and I haven't looked at that thing in months.

Losing money has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Potentially losing my job...yes...you'd be getting warm there...but haven't lost a non-retirement cent in the market....in fact, a market like this is the kind I dream about (not the down part...the volatility part...). It's the kind that only comes around once every 10 years or so if you're lucky (and trade the market, not invest in it).

But thanks for projecting.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-19-2020 at 02:10 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2020, 02:03 AM   #1327
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Didn't lose a thing. .
Hopefully not lost, but delayed for sure. I Invested/co-founded survey.com years ago with a dozen others. They sold the company in February for $178 million. I was supposed to get a fat 6 figure check last week. I also converted 20,000 survey shares into Trax Stock at pre-ipo. Trax was supposed to go public on NYSE and the Singapore exchange this month.

This was all happening a month ago. I was obviously very interested in it. Trax is Singapore based and was the next domino after China, and I was monitoring it closely then. You inferred at that time that I was a fool and being bamboozled.

Serious matter my friend. Not a fool. Deals' done, first $50 million already paid. But I was all in for more.

Quote:

Trax to Deliver Industry-First, AI-Powered On-Demand Merchandising Service Through Strategic Acquisition of Survey.com

SINGAPORE & BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Trax, a leading provider of computer vision and analytics solutions for retail, today announced its acquisition of Survey.com, a leading provider of prescriptive sales activation and merchandising services for emerging/mid-market consumer packaged goods (CPG) brands. Trax will combine both companies’ industry-leading technologies, product offerings and customer delivery to create a first-of-its-kind closed-loop merchandising system for physical retail. This will enable CPG brands and grocery retailers to harness a computer vision powered, on-demand labor solution to immediately address important merchandising needs in any store, at any time.

https://traxretail.com/news/trax-to-...of-survey-com/
I don't worry. I'll always be good. As long as I stay off booze I make plenty of money.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2020, 02:09 AM   #1328
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
You inferred at that time that I was a fool and being bamboozled.
I did? I'd like to see the context of that exchange.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:26 AM   #1329
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
I did? I'd like to see the context of that exchange.

Only posting this because $178 million dollar stories require back up.

It don't matter Mike. I can do a better job as a person. Its all good. I recall and focus on many of the fun times we had here. I focus on that.

I enjoy myself and try as hard as I can to be peaceful and productive.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:45 AM   #1330
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

No, I meant that I don't recall us having an exchange where I told you that you were being bamboozled...why would I say something like that? I don't even remember you ever saying anything about this before, other than I recall you saying you were taking a trip to Singapore.
Old 03-19-2020, 03:02 AM   #1331
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
I don't even remember you ever saying anything about this before, other than I recall you saying you were taking a trip to Singapore.
India. Chennai India. I heard from them today. 7 million people in Chennia.

Quote:
Hey Mike,

How are you doing? Are you keeping safe and self quarantined? How is business?

Things here are pretty much under lockdown. We are working from home both in our US and India offices and business has begun to slow down. Schools are off too. Taking it one day at a time.

Would love to hear back from you and know that things are ok.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:01 AM   #1332
Suff
Beat up 💪

Up to each one of us to take the steps required to prevent this.

Coronavirus Ravages 7 Members of a Single Family, Killing 3
The matriarch of the large New Jersey family died Wednesday night without ever knowing that her two oldest children had died before her.

Now, her close-knit clan is united anew by unspeakable grief: Mrs. Fusco, 73, died on Wednesday night after contracting the coronavirus — hours after her son died from the virus and five days after her daughter’s death, a relative said.

Four other children who contracted coronavirus remain hospitalized, three of them in critical condition, the relative, Roseann Paradiso Fodera, said.

Mrs. Fusco’s eldest child, Rita Fusco-Jackson, 55, of Freehold, N.J., died Friday; after her death, the family learned she had contracted the virus. Her eldest son, Carmine Fusco, of Bath, Pa., died on Wednesday, said Ms. Paradiso Fodera, the family’s lawyer who is Mrs. Fusco’s cousin and is serving as a spokeswoman.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 03-19-2020 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:14 AM   #1333
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
This is just Trump's version of making lemonade from a glut of lemons.
I wonder who whispered this little doozy in his shell-like ear?
Way too devious and calculated to originate in that brain.

Anyways....it's pure fantasy.
There'd be a revolution in the streets.
Nah..it's EXACTLY as I am prediciting in the OTHER thread...Libs are BEGGING for it...hell they're give him grief for being late...just look at the Libs like yourself posting in THIS thread...
Old 03-19-2020, 06:23 AM   #1334
sammy the sage

A;so said that a cure was already out there....BBBuuuutttttt...not this part....obviously not using stateside...yet....cause what...no money to be made...

Devil's Advocate here...

That's a republican deal there....they scream about scalping...(but that's capitalism}....oh you can't mark up toilet paper...you should go to jail

Yet do NOTHING to the pharmaceutical companies who RAPE americans every year FOR billions & billions....how much is ENOUGH profit...

so now...anyways...we'll see...
Old 03-19-2020, 06:36 AM   #1335
sammy the sage

so some of you wont like my last post...truth hurts and other's certainly won't like the post before that...

So here's a helpful post

Go buy tonic water with quinine in it....and go to the doc and a get a z/pac script...now you can self medicate for CV.....viola...

for those more adventurous souls....invest in those companies that make those products on the stock market...