Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #16
JPinMaryland

Really only lost $70 and today is maybe the last time I ever play this goofy game. I wanted to go in on a trifecta with my buddy but due to the off track and no clear favorite I had to tell him there is no way I can recommend a trifecta that costs less than $100. So went with a $2 exacta w/ the 2, 5, 6, 7, 16 and 19. Than a $10 saver bet on the longshot special Summer Bird.

I see Hjack also fingered Summer Bird as he was moving fast of late in the Ark Derby. Might be one of those that looks to come in sec. but he was worth a shot at 41-1 or whatever. he actually came in 6th.

The exacta bet seems justified as I look at the final results, just didnt see the 8.

What happened to Friesan Fire? Something wrong here.?

How many horses have ever come out of the Sunland derby to win this? None I am sure. Or how many have ever finished 4th in their last race to win this?

Geez what a day...I swear I quit.
JPinMaryland is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #17
MrHotStuff

My Proof ! Just for those doubters... http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ewproducts.jpg

Plus $500.00 for breeders Cup. I don't think i will waste money on pimlico. Always Chalk...

MrHotStuff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2009, 09:30 PM   #18
jefftune

I bet in advance on Friday and most of my bets included I Want Revenge so I didn't lose much at all. Gee, was Borel the only jock to figure out that the rail was the place to be the past two days.
jefftune is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2009, 09:36 PM   #19
Jinxed
Veteran

Longshots

I bet $5.00 on all the real longshots, and it had nothing to do with handicapping really. I made $250 some dollars on the bet on the 8. It won't happen again though. It was just the right kind of track for him, right rider that goes to the rail, and great luck. I only won by accident actually. I did that the year Charasmatic won also, so I know the longshots can come in. I probably spent about $60.00.
Jinxed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2009, 12:12 AM   #20
cmoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefftune
I bet in advance on Friday and most of my bets included I Want Revenge so I didn't lose much at all. Gee, was Borel the only jock to figure out that the rail was the place to be the past two days.
I thought the same thing yesterday and didn't even think for a second of betting him..I had a pick 3 and DD alive going into the Derby with the 2,3,6..I was already down for the day so I just watched the race hoping I hit those bets..The 2 ran a good race..

The more I watch Calvin..That guy has no fear and believes he can win no matter who he's riding..Did you hear him after the race when he said "Did you see me ride that horse" while slapping hands with everyone..I love it when the underdog wins it..I had 2 bombers in the race but the wrong two..
cmoore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2009, 12:46 AM   #21
newtothegame

lost 108........plus food...drinks...although I must say its hard to put a price on a good time. And a day spent with friends all looking at each other in AWE as BIRD crosses the wire...PRICELESS
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2009, 08:18 AM   #22
Richard

I guess I lucked out.Only lost $5 on Advice
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2009, 10:26 AM   #23
bugboy

girlfriends daughter had the 8

she had 10.00 across the board on the bird!!! she only plays the 3 big races. doesn't know diddly 'bout capping.
"The more you know,,,,,The less you know"
frank
bugboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #24
andymays
Veteran

I had a future bet on I Want Revenge so when I woke up and saw that he was scratched I knew I shouldn't play anything.

Of course I played anyway and lost my butt and then some!
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2009, 11:53 AM   #25
salty
undefined

I had the wrong bird

$1 exacta
17 / all
all / 17

so only out 40 bucks

I can't believe I didn't think about playing the other bird. My whole reasoning for going with summer bird was because of his good effort and his sire. I don't know how i overlooked borel onboard Mine that bird and smart strike .

oh well
Old 05-03-2009, 12:29 PM   #26
Cat Thief

I was not so sure of things so I decided to spend only $35. Never won a cent in the derby but bet(I think it was race 8) Tizaqueena to win and she won but I only bet $2 so I ended up $10 in the hole, no bad at all. I did have MM, PON, FF, GQ in my tri
Cat Thief is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #27
bishlap

Wink

$30 - a $1 tri box - 2-6-11-12... and three $1 straight ex's 2w/6-11-12, and 6w/ 2-11-12. Hey, I didn't want to tilt the odds too much.
bishlap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #28
A. Pineda

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty
I had the wrong bird

I can't believe I didn't think about playing the other bird. My whole reasoning for going with summer bird was because of his good effort and his sire. I don't know how i overlooked borel onboard Mine that bird and smart strike .

oh well
After keying POTN in the exotics, I looked for a LS play, and also landed on SB. I had scored nicely with the sire and grandsire, and liked the way SB finished in his last race.

As for the other Bird, his recent Beyers were terrible, and I had lost a ton of money betting on Canadian champions and their offspring, and I had no intention of continuing that losing streak.

Although my ADW bankroll took a pretty good hit, I was applauding Calvin along with most of the fans trackside at CD.
A. Pineda is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #29
JBmadera

let's see: didn't cash a single tix at CD, came in last place in the HTR contest, only tix I did cash was at Northlands for about $6.00....down about $325, and banished to yard work all day.....
JBmadera is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-03-2009, 11:46 PM   #30
Nets

Hit the first race at CD and thought "this is gonna be my day" Only hit one small winner the rest of the day. Lost about 100, 50 of it on the derby.
Nets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply