Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 05-20-2012, 07:40 AM   #91
Ont.Bred
Apprentice

Well I had the winner, but not tri and exacta. I give credit to Bodemeister he's a real NICE 3-YO.
I do agree with many in here that if Drug Doug wins the Triple Crown I'll be very upset, it reminds me of Big Clown and Drug Dutrow Jr. The only difference is this horse is the real thing.

Finally to BombsAwayBoob...it's Ont. Bred NOT CANUCK..

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-21-2012 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Way to stay classy...
Ont.Bred is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #92
Richard

Well I'm pleased to say that with the help of Ray Taulbot's Pace Calculator I picked IHA.I did not use any KD running lines in getting the pace ratings of the Preakness field as I believe that the KD is a race with unique operating conditions(much larger field,and what I refer to as the first quarter-mile traffic jam)that are at least greatly reduced in the running of the Preakness.Therefore,I used the most recent pre-Derby running lines(for those who were in the Derby).My top three contenders were Daddy Nose Best,I'll Have Another,and Bodemeister.Upon applying the supplemental angle percentage values,IHA came out on top, although not by much.Now,subjective judgement wise,I figured that DNB might be something of a scare horse and IHA would go off at a better price than Bode.Obviously,RTPC won't pick 'em every time,but if your handicapping is even halfway decent and your willing to hold out for a price(I use Taulbot,s rule of 3/1 or better),you can turn a small profit.It would'nt surprise me to find out that I might not bet the upcoming Belmont.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2012, 09:21 AM   #93
DigitalDownsJoe

Im wondering how many rested distance bred horses are going to be lining up this year to ruin the triple crown hopefuls chances??I think this horse can def go the distance, but its a matter of is it just too much to ask. There is a reason horses dont win the triple crown these days. In any case, I look forward to going down to the track and cashing my winnings on a great horse. Not sure if I will bite on the Belmont though...

digitaldowns.us virtual horse racing
DigitalDownsJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #94
castaway01

Definitely not rooting for O'Neill, of all people, to win a Triple Crown, but the Preakness was a great race. The horse and jockey have been very impressive. I think they'll come all guns blazing in the Belmont and as usual the favorite will be a bet-against at 3-5 or whatever, but Gutierrez has been poised and flawless thus far.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #95
DigitalDownsJoe

I'm glad I got the price I did in the Preakness. I think he was really underbet. How often does a KD winner end up not the favorite in the Preakness? Especially after such a great race in the SA Derby. If you watch the replay, he showed a lot of heart, and this horse when in the face of another horse, just simply wants to win. I think its possible that a fresh horse wins the Belmont, but this horse is for real, and IMO has a great shot at winning it. However I wont be betting him at close to even money.

digitaldowns.us virtual horse racing
DigitalDownsJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2012, 04:29 AM   #96
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I wonder how many of you would have similar notions if Baffert were going for the Triple Crown with Bodemeister. According to figures recently posted, his record has been much worse at times than O'Neil's as far as medication violations go (in 2010, he was twice as bad, and in fact, was number three on the list behind Ness and Dutrow)...

Of course, this was back in 2010, and perhaps Bob has cleaned up his act since then:

http://www.horsefund.org/the-chemical-horse-part-9.php
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-21-2012, 06:23 AM   #97
jerry-g

Is it the trainer his self that does the injection or a vet that stands to loose his license? Chemical violations seem to have different rules for different tracks. So, who draws it up and who gives it?