Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 10-14-2018, 06:01 PM   #1
judehaz

Meeting Foiled Again

https://imgur.com/a/gUsKFMu

Yesterday I got to "meet" Foiled Again, perhaps the most famous standardbred racing today. In his illustrious career, the 14-year-old gelding has racked up more than 100 wins and more than $7 million in career earnings - making him the richest harness horse ever.

Tracks and fairs across the country have been rolling out the red carpet for his "Farewell Tour" which culminates at The Meadows in Washington, PA on December 31, 2018 - the last day that he is legally permitted to appear in a pari-mutual race. Standardbreds face mandatory retirement on January 1 after their 14th year.

Thanks to Foiled Again's connections, who are graciously allowing fans to enjoy the Grand Old Man of Harness Racing up close and personal, and the staff and operators at Northfield Park, where I was yesterday, and others around the country who are making it possible. Most of all thanks to this amazing animal who has literally entertained a generation of horse racing fans. I hope he has a long and fulfilling life in retirement.

I'll leave you with the 2013 Breeders Crown at Pocono Downs - perhaps one of Foiled Again's best races, wherein he guts it out to beat a group of younger rivals. Amazing props on an excellent call from the announcer that night, Meadowlands regular Sam McKee, who we lost far too soon.

judehaz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: