Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-31-2015, 06:26 PM   #1
Kash$
Veteran

Liam's Map vs American Pharoah we missed it

Would've been classic showdown..Sucks as a fan..

Last edited by Kash$; 10-31-2015 at 06:38 PM.
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2015, 06:50 PM   #2
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

I didn't see anything today or yesterday that sucked. I thought it was all pretty special, and I wouldn't mind if Keeneland became the permanent home to the Breeders Cup.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2015, 06:52 PM   #3
Track Phantom

I agree. It's was all good. Very well-done. But we did miss a great race had Liam's Map been in the race. Pharoah may have still dominated...but that Classic was garbage as it pertains to an actual horse race.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:27 PM   #4
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Both Liam's Map and AP brought their A game to the Breeders cup. The BCC that everyone wanted to see wasn't the one we saw today, but still, it was special that a TC winner actually ran in the race, let alone won it.
I'm happy. Things could be much worse that the way things played out.
Maybe this will give the sport a much-needed shot in the arm.
Redboard is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2015, 09:18 PM   #5
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valento
I agree. It's was all good. Very well-done. But we did miss a great race had Liam's Map been in the race. Pharoah may have still dominated...but that Classic was garbage as it pertains to an actual horse race.
I agree, from a "marquee race" perspective, that was awful.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2015, 10:11 PM   #6
RXB

Effinex is strictly an ordinary competitor at the G1 level, and has a midpack running style. The fact that he ran around in second place for the entire trip and finished open lengths ahead of the rest despite being buried by American Pharoah says a lot about the race, the field and the nature of dirt racing.

People are happy today because the King rolled, long live the King, but dirt racing is basically an epidemic of lone-F 3/5's in short fields running uncontested around the track. Can't see how this is a good thing on a day-in, day-out basis.

Three of the last four BC Classics, the horses that were one-two after two furlongs were one-two in the same order at the wire, never changing position at any point in the race and never being passed by others.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2015, 10:28 PM   #7
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
Effinex is strictly an ordinary competitor at the G1 level, and has a midpack running style. The fact that he ran around in second place for the entire trip and finished open lengths ahead of the rest despite being buried by American Pharoah says a lot about the race, the field and the nature of dirt racing.

People are happy today because the King rolled, long live the King, but dirt racing is basically an epidemic of lone-F 3/5's in short fields running uncontested around the track. Can't see how this is a good thing on a day-in, day-out basis.

Three of the last four BC Classics, the horses that were one-two after two furlongs were one-two in the same order at the wire, never changing position at any point in the race and never being passed by others.
Absolutely agree with you 100%.

In the richest race in North America no one thinks they have a horse who can go 47.60 thru a half and still make 10 furlongs? That's how horses like AP and Bayern get those leads.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: