Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-28-2015, 12:36 AM   #1
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Whatever happened to the Brazilian Super Horse

which was supposed to have come to the US last year. I remember he got hurt right after arriving and I haven't seen anything since that report. If I recall correctly, he went to R Mandella and was considered "Super" because he won their triple crown or something similar.

Thanks,
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2015, 01:22 AM   #2
nearco

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
which was supposed to have come to the US last year. I remember he got hurt right after arriving and I haven't seen anything since that report. If I recall correctly, he went to R Mandella and was considered "Super" because he won their triple crown or something similar.

Thanks,
Bal a Bali?
He had a serious encounter with Laminitis, which knocked him out for close to a year.
Returned with a win at Santa Anita in June. He was then stepped up in class to G1 company and has been less than convincing.
nearco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2015, 01:23 AM   #3
nijinski

Bal a Bali won US debut in a grade 3 then had two losses. He hasn't been that super horse yet but I'm happy about his recovery. Should be ok because he's on the work tab as of a few days ago. Entered R8 10/30 , opt claiming for Fox Hill , Mandella .

Last edited by nijinski; 10-28-2015 at 01:29 AM.
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2015, 05:45 AM   #4
Fager Fan
Veteran

He came out of his second race here with a P1 chip so can forgive that loss. I don't know if it's an excuse for the next loss. I read that they did some procedures to dissolve the chip because they didn't want to put him under anesthesia to remove it due to his prior bout with laminitis.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2015, 04:53 PM   #5
whodoyoulike
Veteran

I forgot the horse's name. I now remember watching his first race in the US because Nijinski, I believe posted a reminder. He looked like he has or had potential from that race. With the BC races coming up I just was wondering what happened to him.

Thanks again for the updates.
Old 10-31-2015, 03:50 AM   #6
nijinski

He did win his race on 10/30 ! Hoping this is a confidence builder for the Brazilian Trple Crown winner / horse of the year 2014 . He's been through some tough times since his purchase , good to see him back in the winner circle .
nijinski is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2015, 02:39 PM   #7
whodoyoulike
Veteran

The drop in class probably showed he's a classier horse than the others but Bejarano seems to bring out the best in a horse (almost perfectly in this race). Hope he stays with him.