Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-29-2015, 05:08 PM   #1
RXB

WO hikes takeout on Breeders Cup Fri & Sat

http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org

The Woodbine Entertainment Group, the entity which Canadian horseplayers, through live, OTB and Internet, wager on horse racing, has announced the betting menu for the 2015 Breeders’ Cup has been significantly changed.

Takeout rates for the 19% trifecta, superfecta and pick 3 pools at Keeneland have been increased to 27%, place and show from 16% to 18%, and two horses exotics, super high 5, pick 4 and 5, from 19% to 20%. Only win and the pick 6 were left the same as the host track.
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2015, 05:15 PM   #2
Stillriledup
Veteran

Wow.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2015, 06:01 PM   #3
HuggingTheRail
BC Canada

My wagering has decreased a fair bit this year, with a large part of that due to my disdain for HPI and their monopoly in Canada. This certainly doesn't help. Anyone with a US address want to adopt me? I'm (somewhat) potty trained
HuggingTheRail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2015, 06:16 PM   #4
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggingTheRail
My wagering has decreased a fair bit this year, with a large part of that due to my disdain for HPI and their monopoly in Canada. This certainly doesn't help. Anyone with a US address want to adopt me? I'm (somewhat) potty trained
I'm sure you could convince someone to adopt you if you'll let that American wager thru your Betfair account
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2015, 06:22 PM   #5
RXB

Quote:
These specific changes might only relate to areas where Woodbine is the simulcast hub. Hastings is our hub in BC and massive tri & super takeouts are already standardized for all simulcast wagering via Hastings. (Overall takeouts are even worse via Northlands & Assinboia.) I have sent a request for info to Hastings and will report back.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:19 PM   #6
RXB

Here's the deal: those changes are for Woodbine hub bettors (Ontario and east), not all Canadian bettors.

Via Hastings, the usual simulcast takeout rates. In other words, about 30% on tri's and 27% on super's but the Keeneland rates on everything else. (Note, however, that you don't get the usual HPI-BC reward points or TOA rebates for wagers on Keeneland races.)

I don't know what the rates are via Northlands. At Assinboia, the simulcast takeout rates are already so usurious I can't imagine that there would be any further hikes as they're already fleecing the Manitoba bettors as things are.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:45 PM   #7
macguy

But no Income tax on winnings.
That's better right?
macguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2015, 07:54 PM   #8
yesman3000

only in canada
yesman3000 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2015, 08:03 PM   #9
appistappis
longshot kick de bucket

woodbine are scum bangs.....they make sure canadian residents are blocked from the u.s. adw's, like most things here in canada, they can't compete so we are left with monopolies and oligopolies.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:04 PM   #10
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org

The Woodbine Entertainment Group, the entity which Canadian horseplayers, through live, OTB and Internet, wager on horse racing, has announced the betting menu for the 2015 Breeders’ Cup has been significantly changed.

Takeout rates for the 19% trifecta, superfecta and pick 3 pools at Keeneland have been increased to 27%, place and show from 16% to 18%, and two horses exotics, super high 5, pick 4 and 5, from 19% to 20%. Only win and the pick 6 were left the same as the host track.
I'll never like take-out again.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2015, 08:23 PM   #11
RXB

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo
I'll never like take-out again.
If you're really a "donkey's ride from AsD" then you're betting through the AsD hub and you are getting crushed the worst of all on American simulcast wagering because their takeout rates are ridiculous, much worse overall than Woodbine or Hastings.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:04 PM   #12
appistappis
longshot kick de bucket

southern ont players , drive to buffalo raceway.....nice people, 10 cent supers, track takeout and a rebate program.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:06 PM   #13
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Stay classy, Woodbine....what's next, PAY TOILETS?
Old 10-29-2015, 09:09 PM   #14
chenoa

Quote:

I'm with you. Canada needs another player. And not a fan of their new website, I still play off the old one.

I got a cash back email from WEG stating all I had to wager was 24,990 more for the month to qualify for 5% cash back and only allowed to bet Woodbine racing . Are you kidding me!!!
Old 10-30-2015, 08:24 AM   #15
macguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by appistappis
southern ont players , drive to buffalo raceway.....nice people, 10 cent supers, track takeout and a rebate program.
How does that work if you should happen to get a signer?
Does the track still withhold taxes even if you're not an American?
macguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply