Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-25-2023, 11:06 AM   #1
boxcar

Parents Bill of Rights Act

House Passes Parents Bill of Rights Act

The U.S. House of Representatives on March 24 passed H.R. 5, the Parents Bill of Rights Act.

The bill passed the lower chamber in a 213–208 party-line vote.

Republicans easily defeated a Democrat measure to recommit the legislation to committee.

H.R. 5, the fulfillment of Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy’s (R-Calif.) long-promised “parental bill of rights,” would do several things,
each with the overarching goal of ensuring that parents KNOW what’s going on in their children’s classrooms. (emphasis mine)

https://www.theepochtimes.com/house-...ET0FLJQ8isw%3D

God forbid! This bill requires that schools and school boards be transparent with parents!? Are the Republicans out of their mind?

If by some miracle this bill passes the Senate, President Dementia Sniffer will Shirley veto it. And when that happens, this will become a huge election issue.
Old 03-25-2023, 11:28 AM   #2
davew

COME ON MAN, parents can't know as much as their teachers for cult propagandizing the children to radical issues.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2023, 12:13 PM   #3
Inner Dirt

So every Democrat in the House is 100% fine with progressive liberalism being shoved down student's throats in K-12 without parental knowledge. Once again I am so glad I don't have a student in the public school system, and I feel sorry for any Republican parent who does not have the means to either send their kid to private school or home school them.

In fact I currently do not personally know anyone with a child in the public school system, the customers I know on a personal level all either home school or have children in Christian based private schools.

Not one political side in any current issue should be taught as right or wrong in a public school. It should be taught explaining the different view points of the parties, nothing more, nothing less. That is how it was in the schools I attended 40-55 years ago. My High School government teacher would not tell you how he voted if you held a gun to his head.

Most the students at my High School of course leaned left as all those social programs and free stuff sound good if you don't understand nothing is actually free. I think I was one of 3 Republicans in government class and by far the most out spoken. I can't remember the topic but the government teacher had us 3 defend the Democrat position on a subject and had the rest of the class oppose it.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply