Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 03-25-2023, 08:57 AM   #1
Teach

Aqueduct: Saturday, March 25

Race One: MELTING SNOW. Prohibitive? Skin-flint odds. If you’re betting “flat," you better be “a whale.” IMO, more value in betting doubles and exotics in this 7-panels allowance. This mare should take to a sloppy track like "a duck takes to water." When the gates unlatch, this gal should be out and going. Can anyone, I repeat can anyone in this field catch her. Charley Baker owns and trains. “The Cajun” from “The Bayou State,” Kendrick Carmouche, is in the irons. Others: , ,

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2023, 09:05 AM   #2
Teach

Race Two: In this 7-furlongs claimer, I’ve opted for the “outside horse," LIAM’S FIRE. Three straight 50k allowances and now, today, a 12.5k claimer. Gimme a break! It’s racetrack “limbo." How low can you you go? This Bayern-bred has wet-track lineage written all over her. Offlee Wild on “top." Maria's Mon on the “bottom". This 6-year-old's trainer, Maria Chichakly, does well with horses going from route to sprint. A recent 3-panels morning-work bolsters confidence. Katie Davis in the irons. Others: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-25-2023, 09:11 AM   #3
Teach

Race Three: In this 16k mile-route, n2L, I’m picking GHOSTLYPRINCE. The rider-switch is immense. This Pioneerof the Nile-bred has faced better. He now gets the services of one of "NYRA’s Finest," Carolina, Puerto Rico’s Manny Franco. Yes, its been a month of Sundays since this Ghostzapper-bred won his last race; yet today appears to be this 5-year-old’s day to garner his second career win. “Triple R,” Rudy Rodriguez, trains this Cairo Prince-bred. Others: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-25-2023, 09:19 AM   #4
Teach

Race Four: In this 6-furlongs 82k allowance, n1x, I’ve selected my longshot-pick-of-the-day. Yes, the man they call abuelo loco, is going with CHASING CARA. This 5-year-old Broken Vow-bred moves way up on a wet track. This mare has sloppy track breeding written all over her, i.e., the aforementioned Broken Vow. Then there’s Unbridled. The most capable “DD,” Dylan Davis, has the call for trainer Mitchell Friedman. Oh, a sharp morning work, 48-flat for four panels, breezing, bolsters confidence. Others: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-25-2023, 09:25 AM   #5
Teach

Race Five: In this 1 and 3/8ths mile, 22.5k allowance, I’m going with TONAL IMPACT. It’s the Racine, WI native, Linda Rice, who conditions this Tonalist-bred 5-year-old. This Tapit-bred should “enjoy” the wet going. He’s also proven he can “get the distance.” “Louisiana Lightning” (All you zydeco-music fans take out that washboard and "squeeze box”) and start “hoofin.” Kendrick Carmouche has the call. Others: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-25-2023, 09:31 AM   #6
Teach

Race Six: In this 80k MSW to be contested over the distance one mile, I’ve opted for RIDE UP. It’s “El Panameno,” Jose Lezcano, in the irons for trainer Linda Rice. This 3-year-old colt has wet-track written all over him. Malibu Moon. A.P. Indy. Candy Ride. The dam, Walkwithapurpose, was a stakes winner. She produced 5 winners and 1 stakes winner from 6 starters. Yet, one caveat emptor, this colt has failed as "the chalk” in his last two. “Buy insurance?” Part-wheel? As my dear friend, “Bucko" Bobby, would say: "Hedging dilutes!" It’s your call. Others: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-25-2023, 09:39 AM   #7
Teach

Race Seven: In this six-panels allowance-sprint, after much hemming and hawing, I’ve chosen the rail horse SCILLY CAY. The horse’s trainer is Linda Rice. Nuff Ced! This could be Linda’s “red-letter” day. The jock is the most capable reinsman, Eric Cancel. This horse, over the last several weeks, has been humming (if horses can hum) the Virginia Mayo tune, “We’re In The Money!” Yes, in his last nine races, this Giant’s Causeway-bred has hit the board in all but one! Further, this French Deputy-bred horse has performed well on a wet track; he’s hit the tote in 4 out of 6 races. Others: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-25-2023, 09:46 AM   #8
Teach

Race Eight: In this 6 and 1/2 panels allowance, I’m on-board with a longshot, RUSSIAN TO WIN. This Amira Chichakly-trainee should benefit from his outside post. This 4-year-old appears to love the slop; he’s won two of his three wet-track tries. Katie Davis has the call for this “class-dropper.” Others: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-25-2023, 09:51 AM   #9
Teach

Race Nine: In this one-mile, 25k allowance, the Ouija (French and German for word ”yes”) Board points to TOUGH STREET. Manny Franco is in the irons for Mechanicville, NY’s (The smallest municipality in the Empire State) Chad Brown. This Speightstown-bred filly should relish the wet-going. This gal’s breeding also includes: Freud. Her outside starting post also aids and abets this chestnut’s chances of gracing the “Big A”s” winner’s circle. Others: Others: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-25-2023, 09:55 AM   #10
Teach

Race Ten: In the finale, the “nightcap,” I’ve landed on BLACK BELT. The Peruvian-born jock (Remember Jorge “chop-chop” Chavez), Jason Huayas, has the call for trainer Peter Walder. About one month ago, this 5-year old was entered in the non-graded Stymie. On that occasion, the Not This Time-bred finished up the track. But alack and alas, a softer field, an outside post, and a wet track. As George and Ira Gershwin might have penned, “Who could ask for anything more?” The wet-track breeding is undeniable, i.e., Giant’s Causeway. Others. , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)