Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 03-16-2023, 09:30 AM   #1
Teach

Freehold's Friday, March 17 Selections

Race One:

5 TWIN B ALLURE. This 3-year-old Western Ideal-bred bay filly gets my call in today's Freehold opener. This Ron Coyne Jr.- trainee is taking part in her second pari-mutuel lifetime race. This Ab Fab-bred has both the credentials and the recent qualifying-time to win here. Last year, this lass appeared in both NJSS sire stakes and non-betting 2-year-old races. All in all, she acquitted herself quite well. Last year, as a 2-year-old, she turned in a 1:57.3 while finishing 3rd on a 5/8th mile-track. The most capable reinsman, Jack Pelling, will be in the bike. Others: 2, 1, 7, 4.

Race Two:

3 SALTWATER STORM gets my tepid nod in what I see as a wide-open, anyone-can-win race. This 4-year-old mare looks like she's rounding into form. This Articulator-bred did turn in a 1:57 at Saratoga last year. She won 4 of 14 races during her 2022 campaign. Brett Beckwith reprises the drive for trainer Brandon Mongiello. If this bay can run the race she did two weeks ago, she’s capable of getting her picture taken. Others: 2, 1, 6, 4.

Race Three:

2 MACJESTIC TODDY N is my pick in this Saint Patrick’s Day Irish-heritage drivers' pace. Sláinte ! Last week, this 14-year-old bay mare just missed against a similar field. “The Mainer,” Steve Smith, is in the sulky for owner-trainer Brandon Mongiello. Others: 4, 1, 6, 3.

Race Four:

6 GRAFFENBERG is my selection in this trot. This 5-year-old was last seen finishing out of the money in an amateur-drivers' trot at Yonkers. This Tom Ridge-bred picks up the driving services of the most capable Jim Marohn Jr. This Kentucky-bred is capable of taking home all the "corned beef and cabbage.” This bay has faced better throughout her trotting career. Others: 3, 2, 7, 8.

Race Five:

3 PROM KING overcame an outside starting post to finish 3rd in his last against better. Tyler Miller is again in the sulky for trainer Debra Huebsch. This Western Ideal’s improved starting post enhances his chances of gracing Freehold's winner’s circle. Others: 2, 5, 1, 4.

Race Six:

2 VICTORYDAZE*WILWIN is my medium long-shot pick. This 14-year-old moves inside where he can be most competitive. Joe Martin both drives and trains this Camluck-bred pacer. Others: 1, 5, 4, 7.

Race Seven:

5 NOT SO EVIL gets my nod. This Western Ideal-bred mare should be coming late. Tyler Miller is in the bike for trainer Traci Berry. There is enough early speed here to set it up for a closer. Others: 3, 2, 4, 1.

Race Eight:

4 BROWNIE is my pick in this trot. “Monsieur Quebecois,” Daniel Dube, is in the bike. Dube owns this 7-year old Muscles Yankee-bred. Pierre Paradis trains. An improved starting post enhances. Others: 3, 1, 2, 5.

Race Nine:

2 TOPVILLE RHONDA is my pick in Friday’s Freehold finale. This Izzy Estrada-trainee has been razor-sharp. This 5-year-old mare has the chauffeuring services of one of Freehold’s top drivers, Jim Marohn Jr. This Dontgetinmyway-bred should be on or near the lead. Others: 5, 4, 7, 6.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2023, 12:27 PM   #2
Boomer

Good luck Teach...Love the comments

Race 1

Twin Be Allure....Meets a very weak bunch. Would be hardpressed to be slower than these

dd /
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2023, 12:46 PM   #3
Boomer

Race 2

Jack Pelling should get days for that 1-5 dump out. Not pretty

Race 2
Dandy Idea...Yogi down the road
Unreal...pocket sitter

p4 ///
Old 03-17-2023, 01:20 PM   #4
Boomer

Race 3

In Race 2 Teach had the winner for sure with the # at 12-1 when Cutting broke in the lane. Giving the the win

Race 3
Eden Paige....Lots of non drivers in this race. Lets go with Jim Marohn, real driver on a sharp horse
Old 03-17-2023, 01:32 PM   #5
Boomer

Race 4

In race 3 The St Patricks Day pace the is only one driver listed with "Irish" in his name, and of course Irish Joe wins at 12-1.

Race 4
Grefenberg...Toss all the Joe Faraldo races as he NEVER tries and you will find the is classes better than these
Old 03-17-2023, 02:03 PM   #6
Boomer

Race 5

Prom King...showed a touch of life last. May be enough
Burning Desire...This barn capable of bringing in bombs
Old 03-17-2023, 02:18 PM   #7
Boomer

" Dirtying one up"

All you need to di is take a look at the last 4 lines on the Rozewood in race 5 as he lost those races by 85 or so lengths and goes off at 8-5 today and you will get it.

Race 6

Red Dirt Boomer....who else?
Beast Mode...likes the rail
Blud haven...no try last two

p4 ///
Old 03-17-2023, 02:45 PM   #8
Boomer

The rest

Race 7 win box
Race 8 win
Race 9 win box