Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-25-2016, 08:13 AM   #16
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey
...if you put 5 stallions in a field with zenyata, what would happen? or any mare for that matter?
One doesn't put stallions together in a paddock.

There would be injury, or worse, death.

http://www.drf.com/news/gold-token-dead-farm
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2016, 10:18 AM   #17
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
One doesn't put stallions together in a paddock.

There would be injury, or worse, death.

http://www.drf.com/news/gold-token-dead-farm
Nitro says no female horses race in hong Kong....makes me wonder what effect gender has on mixed fields....was thinking of upset winner generasidades in SA Handicap....I think 3 mares finished 123 against the boys....wonder if the boys like to follow the girls...like with most men?

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 03-25-2016 at 10:19 AM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2016, 10:41 AM   #18
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I can see the name now.....Big Yatta!
Old 03-25-2016, 11:19 AM   #19
Grits

Quote:
Nitro says no female horses race in hong Kong....makes me wonder what effect gender has on mixed fields....was thinking of upset winner generasidades in SA Handicap....I think 3 mares finished 123 against the boys....wonder if the boys like to follow the girls...like with most men?
I don't understand their mindset of not running fillies/mares against male horses.

I can give you these three girls who each did a fine job of cleaning clocks--from a sprint to a route at 1 1/2mi. The boys often got a good look at ONLY their butts and their shiny shoes.

Goldikova was heard to warn them. From the clouds, where she came, flying.

"Outta my way, boys, I'm coming through."

What a race mare. I miss her. She was electrifying!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldikova

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Caviar

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treve_
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2016, 07:52 PM   #20
handyman1968

Quote:
Hong Kong racing is not typical of the rest of the world because it does not have a breeding industry therefore horses are imported for the sole purpose of racing for as long as they could with a few exception (a handful of local owners buying colts to stand in their farm mostly in Australia). Sprint and milers race dominates Hong Kong racing so owners typically look for strong chested horses. There is this tendency for HK owners to want to buy big horses (rightly or wrongly) so anything under 1,000lbs are usually rejected). There have been filles/mares racing in Hong Kong the most famous one being Elegant Fashion winner of the Hong Kong Derby a few years back. Another one was Sweet Sanette who ran with the best sprinters in HK and was 3rd in the King's Stand at Royal Ascot. Currently HK has only 1 filly/mare active.
handyman1968 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2016, 09:16 PM   #21
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman1968
Hong Kong racing is not typical of the rest of the world because it does not have a breeding industry therefore horses are imported for the sole purpose of racing for as long as they could with a few exception (a handful of local owners buying colts to stand in their farm mostly in Australia). Sprint and milers race dominates Hong Kong racing so owners typically look for strong chested horses. There is this tendency for HK owners to want to buy big horses (rightly or wrongly) so anything under 1,000lbs are usually rejected). There have been filles/mares racing in Hong Kong the most famous one being Elegant Fashion winner of the Hong Kong Derby a few years back. Another one was Sweet Sanette who ran with the best sprinters in HK and was 3rd in the King's Stand at Royal Ascot. Currently HK has only 1 filly/mare active.
I wish the track would publish the weight of the horse like Hong Kong does....that way we could track the weight of the horse to try to gauge his condition and also to compare him to the competition...There must be a valid reason for this otherwise why would Hong Kong publish this info with each race? Just another way American racing falls behind compared with Hong Kong.....I must say that I like it when there is no handicap weight additions though which is a different subject....Funny but I guess I prefer the playing field to be less level than more level in this respect
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2016, 10:19 AM   #22
classhandicapper

Ziconic had a much improved effort yesterday.

He showed a better turn of foot, sustained it for longer, galloped out really well, and improved his Beyer almost 20 points to an 84.

His running style is a disadvantage, but if he can sustain a move like that he may be able to win from way back there. He's definitely at least heading in the right direction. With that kind of turn of foot, I can't see why can't train him to be a little closer. That may be as much Shirreffs as it is the horse.
Old 05-15-2016, 02:27 PM   #23
ultracapper

3rd lifetime race. It looks like it's coming together. He had an excuse for the initial route try. He just stood in the gate and Smith had to use him a little early. He also still, for whatever reason, looks a little green in the lane. You'd think by now they'd have all the "newness" of it all worked out of his head, but it appears he might be a little immature. He has the potential to improve in a dramatic manner IMO. I think he's going to be one of those that we say "the switch came on" about. I'd look for him to make a winning run in the stretch in his next start or two. Seems they're trying to find a jock that fits just right also. 3 races, 3 high profile jocks. Kind of tells you there might be some head games going on with the horse. He's looking for someone that will whisper to him, someone that he can feel good under. I can't believe Smith would say to the Moss's that I just can't ride this horse for you.

Last edited by ultracapper; 05-15-2016 at 02:31 PM.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: