Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 01-18-2018, 09:18 AM   #1
Teach

Gulfstream: Thursday, January 18

"Now Is the winter of my discontent;
Alas, my money, it has been spent.

Yet, I must pay my overdo rent;
That my friends…is my lament.

An equine rebellion, I do not foment;
I must re-load to be content."

Thanks to “The Bard”: Richard III

I had 4 winners out of six in yesterday’s Rainbow-6.

The pot lives. It was not hit.
I’ll be back in just a bit.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2018, 11:50 AM   #2
Teach

Not as much time, today. So, I'll post my selections with abbreviated comments. I'm playing it: "close to the vest," today.

Race Five:

BRAG DUDE, a Two Step Salsa-bred colt, has been trying to find his niche in the claiming ranks. I believe this 3-year old has landed at his optimal level. With the #2 declared, this colt, by default, became my top choice. Luis Saez in the irons for trainer Juan Rodriguez. CAPE DESIDERATO

Race Six:

MONTCLAIR. I'm admittedly partial to Jason Servis-trained horses. Servis does very well when switching surfaces, in this case, turf-to-dirt. If he takes to the main, this 8-year old Irish-bred gelding can win. Others: MAL GUAPO, QUENANE

Race Seven:

THE MOMENT IS NOW. This Tiznow-bred 3-year old colt has an excellent supporting cast. The most capable George Weaver trains; the Hall-of-Famer, Johnny Velazquez, is in the irons. This colt finished 2nd in his last at this level at this distance. 2nd time Lasix is another angle. Other: CLARET JUG

Race Eight:

PENDANT gets my nod. This late-blooming Bernardini-My Flag-bred 4-year old ridgling could be "any kinda horse". As Billy Joel might have sang, I've been waiting for this horse's return to the races "...for the longest time". Watch him on the track. Watch him on the board. The pedigree is definitely there. Luis Saez rides for one of the top trainers in the country, "Shug" McGaughey. Other: BROOKLYN BOBBY.

Race Nine

KING ANGELUS had a most difficult trip in his most recent effort, the 75K Pulpit Stakes. This Jersey Town-bred bay colt found himself at the back of the pack in this large-field race. He managed to move up along the rail and appeared to be making a board-hitting effort when he was shut off in mid-stretch. The colt did well to get up for 4th. This colt is now back in with the kind he should handle. Javier Castellano is in the irons for trainer Alexis Delgado. Others: SEATTLE TREASURE, FOREVER TAKEN.

Race Ten:

MISS BIONDETTI RAE, a Biondetti-bred bay filly, had the toughest of trips in her last. She was skimming the rail on the backstretch; she moved smartly into contention as the field reached the top of the stretch. As this filly began to make her move, she was "sandwiched"; she, at least temporarily, lost her momentum. She found her best stride in deep stretch, but was compromised by the tough trip. The filly ended up finishing third. A smoother trip could very well put this 4-year old in the winner's circle. Luis Reyes has his feet in the stirrups. Henry Collazo trains. Other: ELITE HEIR

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply