Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-25-2018, 08:52 AM   #61
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
Wrong...all insurance is/has been going up...and even more importantly FOOD prices and ANYTHING under TAriff from China...

Well soybeans are going down tho...China didn't buy any last month in forever...that is if you consider soybean a food...
China bought 3.2 MMT this month. And it really doesn’t matter. We sell it to Canada then they sell it to China lol. Actually health care costs have come down some. I posted a link to that on a thread a week or so ago. I see nothing to indicate food has gone up. I can actually buy beef now cheaper than a year ago. Probably because price on cattle is down a little.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2018, 09:23 AM   #62
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
China bought 3.2 MMT this month. And it really doesn’t matter. We sell it to Canada then they sell it to China lol. Actually health care costs have come down some. I posted a link to that on a thread a week or so ago. I see nothing to indicate food has gone up. I can actually buy beef now cheaper than a year ago. Probably because price on cattle is down a little.
November ...ZERO... although you might be right about Canada back door...and they have started again...

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/24/chin...r-started.html

will disagree with on the health insurance...as I posted...going UP

https://www.consumerreports.org/heal...here-you-live/

Dozens more sites posting same thing...mine personally WENT UP $100...

Food...maybe some categories have gone down...some have gone up..most eating establishments HAVE gone up...

Steel has definitely gone up...

Have to have inflation to pay THE debt...interesting but sickening at the same time...

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Old 12-25-2018, 10:02 AM   #63
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
He got me my middle class tax cut, that is more than Obama did for me in eight years.
Hope you didn’t buy stocks this year. Becuase the money you got in one hand went out the window plus some in the other.

You can say what you want to about obama, but he was president when the market skyrocketed and that made my 401k very happy.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2018, 10:05 AM   #64
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
November ...ZERO... although you might be right about Canada back door...and they have started again...

will disagree with on the health insurance...as I posted...going UP

https://www.consumerreports.org/heal...here-you-live/

Dozens more sites posting same thing...mine personally WENT UP $100...

Food...maybe some categories have gone down...some have gone up..most eating establishments HAVE gone up...

Steel has definitely gone up...

Have to have inflation to pay THE debt...interesting but sickening at the same time...

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
China doesn’t buy beans every month. The world consumes a constant amount of beans. If China buys elsewhere we will end up selling to other countries. And if you can’t grasp all that I’ll let you in on another little secret. Farmers can grow whatever the he’ll they want. If there’s more money to be had on other crops they’ll grow that. They do that all the time. It’s called diversification. That will greatly reduce the amount of beans in the system which causes the price to go up. Small grain farmers do this constantly. Not uncommon to grow six to eight different crops a year here to take advantage of prices. All this concern over beans is a total waste of time.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2018, 10:27 AM   #65
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Hope you didn’t buy stocks this year. Becuase the money you got in one hand went out the window plus some in the other.

You can say what you want to about obama, but he was president when the market skyrocketed and that made my 401k very happy.

Allan
I don't play the stock market unless it is oil futures. I have done it a few times in the last 25 years, that is all.
Old 12-25-2018, 11:54 AM   #66
Ocala Mike

My New York State Health Insurance Plan (retired) went up exactly $.40. That's 40 cents per month.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2018, 04:53 PM   #67
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
My New York State Health Insurance Plan (retired) went up exactly $.40. That's 40 cents per month.
Retired...with mdeicare/medicaid...really doesn't match up with the working class fold not eligible for THAT yet...apples to orange...
Old 12-25-2018, 05:01 PM   #68
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
China doesn’t buy beans every month. The world consumes a constant amount of beans. If China buys elsewhere we will end up selling to other countries. And if you can’t grasp all that I’ll let you in on another little secret. Farmers can grow whatever the he’ll they want. If there’s more money to be had on other crops they’ll grow that. They do that all the time. It’s called diversification. That will greatly reduce the amount of beans in the system which causes the price to go up. Small grain farmers do this constantly. Not uncommon to grow six to eight different crops a year here to take advantage of prices. All this concern over beans is a total waste of time.
Having been in Agriculture my ENTIRE life...not AS EASY as you're ATTEMPTING to make it seem...matter of fact...pretty clueless post...but hey it sounds good...

About the concern over beans...being a waste of time...it's just A CLUE to the BIGGER picture...

The fact that they're having to buy again...means Trump...just might...and I mean might...be making some in-roads/progress...which would be good news...IF and that's a BIG if...true...we'll see...any positive news...would be good...
Old 12-25-2018, 09:00 PM   #69
sammy the sage

Some clarity of Farmers..

1st...they get 2 crops a year on average...3 if really lucky...1 when mother nature comes calling and let's you know who's boss..

2nd..Machinery to harvest corn vs soybeans vs wheat vs what-ever costs well over 100k for EACH one....(large farms need 10 or more combines for example just to harvest wheat let's say)....no one farmer has that kind of outlay for 6 or 7 different crops...PERIOD

3rd...the chemicals and nutrition are ALSO different for each crop...

4th..in general...farmers need to have contracts IN PLACE 6 months in advance...that's why you have a 'Futures' market...

I could go on...but perhaps those who think farming is easy might, just might have a bit clearer picture now....
Old 12-25-2018, 09:03 PM   #70
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

"If we get upset we panic and it's all Trumps fault."

That's what I call illogical selling.

Last edited by Buckeye; 12-25-2018 at 09:08 PM.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2018, 01:29 AM   #71
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat View Post
Trump buys into the stock market raise as he states its because of him, just like he said he'll take the blame for the shutdown due to the wall.

As soon as the s*** hits the fan, he turns and runs blaming others, just like he ran from serving in Vietnam.

Guys a bully, a coward, a narcissist, not to mention much, much worse.

As Greenspan said "run for cover!"
Look who's back!

LULZ

Why is the market going down again...what's the ACTUAL reason...(besides the obvious...more sellers than buyers)
Old 12-26-2018, 01:30 AM   #72
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Wheels coming off...
According to you and all like you, the wheels have been coming off since he announced he was running.
Old 12-26-2018, 01:33 AM   #73
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post

Allan
Again, it isn't hard to preside over a "skyrocketing" market when you take over AT THE BOTTOM of a HUGE CRASH.

The HARD THING to do is being Trump...taking over at the heights of a huge run up...

But you guys keep posting like you know what you're talking about. We all do...it's not a crime.
Old 12-26-2018, 01:55 AM   #74
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
According to you and all like you, the wheels have been coming off since he announced he was running.

How many of his campaign promises has he delivered on?

--Repeal and replace ObamaCare with something terrific
--Build a wall and have Mexico pay for it
--Deport 12 million illegals and let the good ones back in
--Eliminate the debt in 8 years
--Defund Planned Parenthood
--Cancel DACA
--End Common Core
--Negotiate terrific trade deals
--Major tax reform favoring middle class
--Major revenue neutral infrastructure improvements
Old 12-26-2018, 01:57 AM   #75
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
How many of his campaign promises has he delivered on?

--Repeal and replace ObamaCare with something terrific
--Build a wall and have Mexico pay for it
--Deport 12 million illegals and let the good ones back in
--Eliminate the debt in 8 years
--Defund Planned Parenthood
--Cancel DACA
--End Common Core
--Negotiate terrific trade deals
--Major tax reform favoring middle class
--Major revenue neutral infrastructure improvements
I'm not sure what all this has to do with what I wrote. I was just stating a fact.

I find it funny that ely felt the need to type the wheels are coming off...it's hilarious actually.

If you have been paying ANY attention to the MSM, the wheels have been flying off since day 1.

When have the wheels ever been ON?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: