Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-02-2017, 08:12 AM   #46
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
With all the threads on sexual harassment, I thought at first the name of the thread was "Flynn Cops a Feel"
Now that's funny!
Old 12-02-2017, 09:27 AM   #47
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
In other words, blackmail?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Have you never seen an episode of Law & Order at least?
I'm a Perry Mason fan myself. Did Hamilton Berger or Lt. Arthur Trage ever act this way?
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2017, 09:58 AM   #48
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Ah, good old Ham Burger!
Old 12-02-2017, 11:26 PM   #49
davew

so they got a couple for 'lying to the FBI', when are they going to get Hillary?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2017, 12:13 AM   #50
elysiantraveller

Trumps Twitter account may get him in trouble again if it appears he and his aides knew about Flynn lying to the FBI prior to correspondence with Comey.

They say his chief lawyer drafted it. At worst it is obstruction of justice and at best it looks bad PR wise. Wonder what they were thinking.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2017, 09:20 AM   #51
chadk66

So after a year Mueller has busted three people for basically J walking I'm sure there is certainly going to be some shoplifting charges coming. But not till he has spent 100 million or so
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2017, 09:41 AM   #52
classhandicapper

This whole thing is nonsense so far.

1. The reason for the special prosecutor was to find evidence Trump or his subordinates colluded with Russia in win the election.

Collusion does not mean accepting or using information that Russia or Wikileaks obtained on its own.

Collusion does not mean talking to Russia after the election.

Collusion means actively helping Russia obtain information illegally for the purpose of winning the election or making a quid pro quo deal asking them to use it in return for sanction relief or some other benefit that he would otherwise not consider.

Once wikileaks had the e-mails both the press and Trump were allowed to use them.

Once Trump was elected he was allowed to make contact with Russia.

2. There is no evidence of a quid pro quo deal. The contact with Russia came AFTER the election. Most level headed people would consider it irresponsible if some transition process had not begun given there were some critical things going on and policy was about to change. Trying to de-escalate the problems for a few weeks until Trump was sworn in was the correct move and one that other presidents have used in the past.

3. So far there is more evidence of collusion between the democrats and Russia than Trump and Russia. The democrats clearly paid a former spy with contacts in Russia to create what turned out to be a discredited dossier that was used BEFORE the election.

4. Flynn did not agree to "turn" because they threatened him with much more severe charges (there were a few other potentially minor things). He turned because the legal fees were breaking him. I heard that he's so tapped out he just put his house up for sale. He agreed to tell what he knows to get financial relief from the prosecution. They destroyed the guy.

So basically it appears he's going to tell Meuller who told him to make contact with Russia (probably Kushner) WHICH WAS THE CORRECT and LEGAL THING TO DO TO BEGIN WITH. At that point, they will try to catch Kushner in a similar pointless and meaningless lie to work up the chain.

I don't know why Flynn lied originally. He was probably scared to death of saying anything about contact with Russia because he didn't understand if he broke the law and the leftist scumbags in the media were in a feeding frenzy. But he had not done anything illegal.

To me, unless they find something "real" along the way, Mueller, the media, the FBI, and the rest of then are the worst scumbags imaginable. They selectively let disgusting corrupt criminals in Washington walk all the time, but they are going after these guys for lying because they don't like their politics.

It's bad enough I already passionately distrust the mainstream media and politicians (for very good reason), but it's now also becoming clear the FBI, CIA, NSA and all the rest of them are swamp creatures also.

Is there not a decent man left?

Is there no one left that's willing to debate issues on their intellectual merit instead of trying to silence and destroy the opposition?

I am within inches of hating my own country.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 12-03-2017 at 09:43 AM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2017, 09:58 AM   #53
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post

1. The reason for the special prosecutor was to find evidence Trump or his subordinates colluded with Russia in win the election.

Collusion does not mean accepting or using information that Russia or Wikileaks obtained on its own.

Collusion means actively helping Russia obtain information illegally for the purpose of winning the election or making a quid pro quo deal asking them to use it in return for sanction relief or some other benefit that he would otherwise not consider.

Once wikileaks had the e-mails both the press and Trump were allowed to use them.

2. There is no evidence of a quid pro quo deal. The contact with Russia came AFTER the election. Most level headed people would consider it irresponsible if some transition process had not begun given there were some critical things going on and policy was about to change. Trying to de-escalate the problems for a few weeks until Trump was sworn in was the correct move and one that other presidents have used in the past.

3. So far there is more evidence of collusion between the democrats and Russia than Trump and Russia. The democrats clearly paid a former spy with contacts in Russia to create what turned out to be a discredited dossier that was used BEFORE the election.

4. Flynn did not agree to "turn" because they threatened him with much more severe charges (there were a few other potentially minor things). He turned because the legal fees were breaking him. I heard that he's so tapped out he just put his house up for sale. He agreed to tell what he knows to get financial relief from the prosecution. They destroyed the guy.

So basically it appears he's going to tell Meuller who told him to make contact with Russia (probably Kushner) WHICH WAS THE CORRECT and LEGAL THING TO DO TO BEGIN WITH. At that point, they will try to catch Kushner in a similar pointless and meaningless lie to work up the chain.

I don't know why Flynn lied originally. He was probably scared to death of saying anything about contact with Russia because he didn't understand if he broke the law and the leftist scumbags in the media were in a feeding frenzy. But he had not done anything illegal.

To me, unless they find something "real" along the way, Mueller, the media, the FBI, and the rest of then are the worst scumbags imaginable. They selectively let disgusting corrupt criminals in Washington walk all the time, but they are going after these guys for lying because they don't like their politics.

It's bad enough I already passionately distrust the mainstream media and politicians (for very good reason), but it's now also becoming clear the FBI, CIA, NSA and all the rest of them are swamp creatures also.

Is there no one left that's willing to debate issues on their intellectual merit instead of trying to silence and destroy the opposition?

Whoa, Classy, you are on fire today!
Old 12-03-2017, 10:24 AM   #54
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:

It took til now to realize we can't trust the FBI? I figured that out real quick the day of Comey's press conference vindicating Hillary Clinton.

As for why he lied, I even wonder if he really did. Wouldn't a rational person think the question has to do with collusion? So if the question was whether he talked to the Russian government, wouldn't a rational person think "no" if he never talked to them about colluding? It could've been an innocent answer, thinking he was telling them the truth about what they were asking, without divulging information that had nothing to do with their investigation.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2017, 12:31 PM   #55
woodtoo

Quote:

Excellent analyst Class.
Patience is needed in aces in this investigation and it could be shut down at any time. POTUS is allowing this to unfold because he knows it really leads nowhere so they waste their time energy and your money chasing nothing.

Patience Class hopper.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2017, 12:46 PM   #56
woodtoo

Another dirty agent unveiled FBI agent Peter Strzok FBI attorney Lisa Page
torrid extramarital affair revealing everything they didn't want you know about their love of crooked Hillary and their hatred of Trump.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:09 PM   #57
upthecreek

Give me my $ back!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...d-sue.amp.html
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2017, 03:45 PM   #58
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
To the democrats, collusion means Trump had Russian dressing on his salad.
Facts mean nothing to them, never have.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:01 PM   #59
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Excellent analyst Class.
Patience is needed in aces in this investigation and it could be shut down at any time. POTUS is allowing this to unfold because he knows it really leads nowhere so they waste their time energy and your money chasing nothing.

Patience Class hopper.
Patience payday is coming soon as there has been an ongoing investigation by
the Office of the Inspector General into the politicization within DOJ and FBI for 11 months!!

And they are close to reporting its findings. Who wants two scoops with their crow?
Old 12-04-2017, 10:18 AM   #60
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicappe
Bull shit......That is only part of the reason. Obstruction of justice is also in his purvue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Special_Counsel_investigation#Origin_and_powe rs

The appointment followed a series of events which included President Donald Trump's firing of FBI director James Comey and Comey's allegation that Trump asked him to drop the FBI investigation into former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn.[5]

Rosenstein, in his role as Acting Attorney General due to the recusal of Attorney General Jeff Sessions, has authority over the use of DOJ resources by Mueller and the investigation. In an interview with the Associated Press, Rosenstein said he would recuse himself from supervision of Mueller if he himself were to become a subject in the investigation due to his role in the dismissal of Comey.[6]
Trumpeters bend over and get ready to kiss your Trumpetering asses goodbye.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply