Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 07-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #1
cmp92

What ADW to Use?

I'm looking at getting a new ADW account. I currently use one run by WNY OTB. The problem is, they don't accept thoroughbred wagers after 7:00 PM. That shuts me out of races in Southern California as well as the usual East Coast night tracks. I'm pleased with the selection of harness tracks, but a few others would be nice. I'd like to get something that provides live video and I would say that the following harness tracks are a must (Meadowlands, WEG, and the NY harness tracks). Thanks for the help.
cmp92 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2014, 08:26 PM   #2
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

CMP:

I've posted a few comparisons between the "Big Three" on P.A.

Each has their strong suit, and some drawbacks.

All three, TVG, TwinSpires, Xpressbet are decent and you have to decide what platform looks good to you and which may be to your taste. All three are reliable, and all three have decent customization areas where you can try and set up the betting module the way you want it presented to you.

All three offer a sign on cash bonus if you bet X amount of dollars in X amount of time, and none of them charge you a premium for betting. TVG used to charge 25 cents per bet, but they dropped it a while ago.

Of the three, my "Opinion" is that TVG is a class act. I like the way they have structured their GUI (Graphical User Interface), and they are solid. Their ML odds hit early and are updated quickly as the odds change. They have free TIMEFORM.US PP's. They have a decent GUI for mobile (smart phone). They do gauge how much Track Video Streaming you use by the month, so if you are going to be on all day long streaming track videos you may run out of Video Streaming allowance before the end of the month. Excellent customer service. Always friendly and helpful.

TwinSpires has three betting interfaces. Their "TwinSpires TV" is so easy a Creaton from Mars could place a bet with it. Their MOBILE interface for Smartphones is the best in the business if you are ever going to bet via mobile. Free Brisnet PP's are their gig. They are a decent ADW. You know that Churchill raised takeout so many do not do TwinSpires ADW being a Churchill company, but you may want to look at them as an option. They are a very decent ADW. Decent Customer Service if that's important to you.

XpressBet is highly customizable and they have been very reliable. I like who owns them (Stronach), and they have decent and friendly customer service. Oddly enough, they were the ONLY ADW that required me to FAX a copy of my Driver's License to the to prove I was whom I said I was before they would open my account.
Their mobile GUI is horrible, IMO and very confusing. Free DRF/Equibase PP's are what they offer.

I have all three and will keep all three. Unfortunately, you can't "TRY" them to see if you like them. You have to open an account first, put at least $25 into your account via Green Dot Money Pack or a credit/debit card. You can always let the account go dead if you don't like it. Just request a check for the balance and stop using it.

If I had to do only ONE ADW, I'd go TVG.

Ask another member, you are going to get another answer.

Also, there are other advertisers on P.A. that compete against the big three. You may want to view their websites as well and see if they are something you want to try.

-Good luck!
Old 07-11-2014, 01:41 AM   #3
cmp92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinBilly
CMP:

I've posted a few comparisons between the "Big Three" on P.A.

Each has their strong suit, and some drawbacks.

All three, TVG, TwinSpires, Xpressbet are decent and you have to decide what platform looks good to you and which may be to your taste. All three are reliable, and all three have decent customization areas where you can try and set up the betting module the way you want it presented to you.

All three offer a sign on cash bonus if you bet X amount of dollars in X amount of time, and none of them charge you a premium for betting. TVG used to charge 25 cents per bet, but they dropped it a while ago.

Of the three, my "Opinion" is that TVG is a class act. I like the way they have structured their GUI (Graphical User Interface), and they are solid. Their ML odds hit early and are updated quickly as the odds change. They have free TIMEFORM.US PP's. They have a decent GUI for mobile (smart phone). They do gauge how much Track Video Streaming you use by the month, so if you are going to be on all day long streaming track videos you may run out of Video Streaming allowance before the end of the month. Excellent customer service. Always friendly and helpful.

TwinSpires has three betting interfaces. Their "TwinSpires TV" is so easy a Creaton from Mars could place a bet with it. Their MOBILE interface for Smartphones is the best in the business if you are ever going to bet via mobile. Free Brisnet PP's are their gig. They are a decent ADW. You know that Churchill raised takeout so many do not do TwinSpires ADW being a Churchill company, but you may want to look at them as an option. They are a very decent ADW. Decent Customer Service if that's important to you.

XpressBet is highly customizable and they have been very reliable. I like who owns them (Stronach), and they have decent and friendly customer service. Oddly enough, they were the ONLY ADW that required me to FAX a copy of my Driver's License to the to prove I was whom I said I was before they would open my account.
Their mobile GUI is horrible, IMO and very confusing. Free DRF/Equibase PP's are what they offer.

I have all three and will keep all three. Unfortunately, you can't "TRY" them to see if you like them. You have to open an account first, put at least $25 into your account via Green Dot Money Pack or a credit/debit card. You can always let the account go dead if you don't like it. Just request a check for the balance and stop using it.

If I had to do only ONE ADW, I'd go TVG.

Ask another member, you are going to get another answer.

Also, there are other advertisers on P.A. that compete against the big three. You may want to view their websites as well and see if they are something you want to try.

-Good luck!
Roughly how much video do you get from TVG? Do they give you an allowance in hours? Or is it measured some other way?
Old 07-11-2014, 10:32 AM   #4
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp92
Roughly how much video do you get from TVG? Do they give you an allowance in hours? Or is it measured some other way?
Boiling it down to brass tacks, you basically get 10 yours of streaming Track Video on TVG every month.
That's the bottom line, however, it get's confusing on how they gauge these 10 hours. It's based on data flow, not simply watching. If you go with a large pop-out screen on a track and watch it for one hour, then that is one hour of video streaming.
If you keep the micro windows in place for video streaming, you are watching at a smaller data bit rate, so you would then get 2.5 hours per 1 hour of allotted time because you are streaming at a much smaller data stream bit rate. They explain this to you in their video streaming explanation of time allotment.

For every $25 of wagering, you get another hour of video streaming, up to an additional 10 hours. You may also buy 10 more hours of Video Streaming for $3.00.

This streaming gauge is done on a calendar month, so every month you are reset and get another 10 hours.

I don't see this as a big deal. I don't just put on a track and let it stream for hours on end. I've never run out of Streaming Video. I do get 20 hours a month because of my betting, and I've never busted through 20 hours. To me, that is a lot of streaming, especially when I have HRTV and two other ADW's to stream video with.

And if you do think you are going to bust 10 or 20 hours and don't want to pay an additional $3.00 for 10 more hours, simply open an XpressBet or TwinSpires account, put in 25 bucks, bet an occasional $2.00 once in a while to keep the account open, and stream as much as you want.

I do that anyway. I like the way TwinSpires presents the video, so I often stream video via TwinSpires but I bet the Lion's share via TVG.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:44 AM   #5
FocusWiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinBilly
And if you do think you are going to bust 10 or 20 hours and don't want to pay an additional $3.00 for 10 more hours, simply open an XpressBet or TwinSpires account, put in 25 bucks, bet an occasional $2.00 once in a while to keep the account open, and stream as much as you want.
I have not checked recently, but as of this time last year, XpressBet limited streaming on a monthly basis based on prior activity (via a formula that I could not find on their website).

Of course, if you only streamed the actual races (as opposed to all the pre-race, post race, and replay activity), you can stretch this out quite a bit.
FocusWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2014, 12:13 PM   #6
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusWiz
I have not checked recently, but as of this time last year, XpressBet limited streaming on a monthly basis based on prior activity (via a formula that I could not find on their website).

Of course, if you only streamed the actual races (as opposed to all the pre-race, post race, and replay activity), you can stretch this out quite a bit.
I did not know this, but probably because Xpressbet is my 3rd pull when I bet or watch vids.

I like "TwinSpires TV" betting platform because of the jet black background and the way the video renders.

Yet most of my "online" watching is on TVG, and between that and occasional TwinSpires and HRTV, I've never busted my quota.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:33 PM   #7
cmp92

Sounds good, thanks for the advice.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #8
startngate

Where do you live? That can be a large factor with regard to which ADWs you can sign up with, how much of a rebate you can get, etc.

For example, if you are actually in NY (as your post implies), not all ADWs are licensed there. Because of the mandatory 5% source market fee, your rebates will also be limited.
startngate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2014, 01:31 AM   #9
cmp92

Quote:
Originally Posted by startngate
Where do you live? That can be a large factor with regard to which ADWs you can sign up with, how much of a rebate you can get, etc.

For example, if you are actually in NY (as your post implies), not all ADWs are licensed there. Because of the mandatory 5% source market fee, your rebates will also be limited.
Yes, I live in New York.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: