Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:20 PM   #376
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Are you that stupid? Nobody cares........
I bet I know one person who does...

And yes Al... it's a pretty brilliant move.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:21 PM   #377
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I'll make sure to tell him your opinion when he gets out of work today for the job that isn't paying him...

Also let him know the inspections went well.

Meanwhile maybe you should write the White House and Ben "Sleepy" Carson about rewriting HUD Guidelines so I can deny this person the next time around....

Yeah, tell him "PaceAdvantage" says...

The mortgage business sure seems like an easy one. At least when times are good...I hope you're prepared for when "Trump End Of World" arrives...
Old 01-16-2019, 05:24 PM   #378
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Let me guess........you get paid the day after the loan closes
Nah, not until next month.

Its not a big deal to me... but that's money out of my business that could be spent elsewhere...

Buying a house is stressful. Buying a house while not getting paid because the President is throwing a tantrum is probably more stressful.

I like good reviews and profitable businesses... something else the President and I differ on.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:27 PM   #379
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Yeah, tell him "PaceAdvantage" says...

The mortgage business sure seems like an easy one. At least when times are good...I hope you're prepared for when "Trump End Of World" arrives...
I'm 95% purchase business.

I'll be fine.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:46 PM   #380
sammy the sage

Quote:
I bet I know one person who does...

And yes Al... it's a pretty brilliant move.
No so fast...

Several departments...said security WAS NOT an issue...and now some of her OWN ilk are calling it petty...going to be interesting for sure...
Old 01-16-2019, 09:00 PM   #381
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
No so fast...

Several departments...said security WAS NOT an issue...and now some of her OWN ilk are calling it petty...going to be interesting for sure...
Facts? We don't need no stinking facts. They just get in the way of the narrative.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:43 PM   #382
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Didn't see this move coming... but damn... well played. <slow claps>

https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/s...44081504260097
Nancy Pelosi is worried about 'security' in suggesting to postpone Trump's State of the Union address ... where there would be no security problems at all.

Yet, Nancy doesn't believe in securing our southern border with money for The Wall despite evidence of sex trafficking, drug smuggling, invading gang bangers and the like pouring into the country.

All the common sense deniers in the hate Trump world should be very proud of themselves looking up to Nancy Pelosi for leadership and talking points in this time of crisis.

No wonder people laugh at you.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2019, 10:02 PM   #383
MutuelClerk

And the President doesn't like safe sex. Apparently no one is D.C. is practicing what they preach.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2019, 10:10 PM   #384
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post

Yet, Nancy doesn't believe in securing our southern border with money for The Wall despite evidence of sex trafficking, drug smuggling, invading gang bangers and the like pouring into the country.
Pelosi says that the wall is immoral and not "who we are". So she can be easily dismissed as a blind partisan, if not an idiot.

Back to reality, what evidence is there that Trump's Wall would stop "sex trafficking, drug smuggling, invading gang bangers and the like"? The numbers I have seen, and posted here, is that little of that traffic walks across a wall-less desert, but most comes in by sea, by air, or smuggled across official crossing points.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:31 PM   #385
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Pelosi says that the wall is immoral and not "who we are". So she can be easily dismissed as a blind partisan, if not an idiot.

Back to reality, what evidence is there that Trump's Wall would stop "sex trafficking, drug smuggling, invading gang bangers and the like"? The numbers I have seen, and posted here, is that little of that traffic walks across a wall-less desert, but most comes in by sea, by air, or smuggled across official crossing points.
I know better ... but... I will concede your stupid point:

The Wall will not stop drug trafficking, deaths by illegals with cars, guns, and knives. Nor are we in any danger at all; no crisis or security concerns whatsoever. Whatever the hate America/hate Trump crowd told you, I now agree with you.

The Wall will not prevent any of those things.

So, instead of playing childish, silly and patently stupid word games about all this, why don't you just call or write to Nancy, Chuckie, and the rest of them, and tell them what you just told us, PLUS, remind them of the 'immorality' of the Wall and that they all should suggest the following, since it is a sure winner:

Have them give press conferences right now, and right into the 2020 campaign, on the following message:

There will be no monies from Congress to build a Wall, but there will be billions available to knock down and destroy all the walls, fences, gates, etc., along our southern border that's there right now. Every inch of wall, knocked down, toppled over.

Why have a Wall, tell Nancy, when Walls do not prevent crimes, drugs, murders, rapes, and are immoral as well.

Let us know what she thinks of your suggestion.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2019, 11:20 PM   #386
Clocker

Quote:

Let us know what she thinks of your suggestion.
Your straw man distortion lacks any connection with the reality of what I said. Thanks for playing.

I'll explain in detail tomorrow if I have time after more critical activities like rearranging my sock drawer and working the morning crossword puzzle.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:22 PM   #387
Burls
Veteran

Quote:
Nancy Pelosi is worried about 'security' in suggesting to postpone Trump's State of the Union address ... where there would be no security problems at all.

All the common sense deniers in the hate Trump world should be very proud of themselves looking up to Nancy Pelosi for leadership and talking points in this time of crisis.

No wonder people laugh at you.
A textbook example of the fallacy of EQUIVOCATION.
Beautiful!
Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2019, 11:35 PM   #388
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
A textbook example of the fallacy of EQUIVOCATION.
Beautiful!
You need to check your dictionary. Stating that Trump is infallible is hardly equivocation.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:52 PM   #389
Burls
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
You need to check your dictionary. Stating that Trump is infallible is hardly equivocation.
No I don't.
The fallacy here is wrongly assuming that the word "security" is being used in the same sense in both cases here, so that it is inconsistent to be concerned about security issues at the SOTU but not be concerned about securing the border.
Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2019, 01:13 AM   #390
clicknow

Almost like someone waiting for a *the right time* to pick a fight?

Just looks suspicious to any outsider looking at the timeline:

clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: