Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 08-02-2022, 08:35 PM   #4366
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
I can pick and choose which shares to sell, I chose to sell ones that were about 2% loss.
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2022, 12:16 PM   #4367
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
this is a shitty looking company, but their are lots of rumors on them getting a big government contract. when you look at some congressional buys and the insiders buying into this thing down already 63%, i pay attention to the baby.

HIGH HIGH RISK

i got in and paid $5.815 per share
it finally got moving after almost 2 months of this tout, but it sure as hell is rocking and rolling now!
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2022, 11:19 AM   #4368
geroge.burns99
Veteran

just the start.....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (130.4 KB, 9 views)
Old 08-04-2022, 03:46 PM   #4369
Rex Phinney

I feel like this is a good time to remind the market that the Fed has to raise interest rates until it breaks something.

Earnings, jobs and housing are all telling us nothing is broken. If nothing breaks, inflation does not subside.

So I say again the Fed has to raise interest rates until it breaks something.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2022, 11:53 AM   #4370
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Good for them.....

part of that shortage crap and they were right in the middle

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (166.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 08-09-2022, 04:08 PM   #4371
letswastemoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
Does anyone have thoughts on VOLTA (VLTA)? I own 300 shares at $1.62. They are in the electric car charging business, from what I can tell. Some of their stations are present at Krogers.

Can it get to $8 or $9 at some point?
Volta had a bad day today, but it still has risen to $2.46 since I wrote this. I'm feeling good about it in the long run.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2022, 06:05 PM   #4372
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Volta had a bad day today, but it still has risen to $2.46 since I wrote this. I'm feeling good about it in the long run.
If Musk/Tesla fumble what they have going for them

theres no way that others cant figure it out....

if electric stays around

Last edited by geroge.burns99; 08-09-2022 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-09-2022, 07:09 PM   #4373
Rex Phinney

Quote:

You have to ask yourself the question of how much meat is going to be left on the bone after the utility companies take their cut.

Replace big oil with utility companies and you essentially have the business model.

We know that gas stations have to sell you soda, chips and really questionable corn dogs to stay afloat. Is Volta doing that?

Even though gas stations make fractions of a cent on the gas they sell, how many customers can they serve simultaneously? How about in an hour? How many people can a charging station serve at a time? How many different cars can it serve in an hour?

Lastly equipment. Ask any fuel gas station owner and they will tell you replacing equipment is dead straight expensive. They will appreciate that it only has to be done every decade or so.

How often does Volta expect to have to change equipment given the constant innovation in this space? Hell will they even be able to serve every type of electric car on the road? If not you're essentially selling diesel when all the cars going by run on gasoline.

Sorry this one is a no from me dawg.
Old 08-16-2022, 02:17 PM   #4374
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

So yeah...about that impending market crash...lol

Was that the crash the last few months?

Sure seems pretty gung-ho up up up at the moment...this doesn't feel like a trap anymore...
Old 08-16-2022, 02:32 PM   #4375
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i couldn't find when i posted about one of these congressmen going into RIG, its up from a bottom of 3.66 about a week ago up to 3.29 close today.. i didn't trade it but if i had it i would sell it. anything to do with oil is pretty tricky...

i have a friend that is pretty good at oil, he called for $100 oil when it was $72, now he is calling for $150. i see it going down to $80 still. i don't see it falling right now though with driving season heading into full bloom now.
it looks like oil couldn't wait to finish off the driving season its now $85 and i just covered this short from the initiated position in the beginning of May.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2022, 02:43 PM   #4376
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
So yeah...about that impending market crash...lol

Was that the crash the last few months?

Sure seems pretty gung-ho up up up at the moment...this doesn't feel like a trap anymore...
it's funny...the second I posted this the S&P dropped like 20 points...

Did someone die?

Or was it the cancelling of 3.9B in student debt? Thanks Brandon.
Old 08-16-2022, 02:46 PM   #4377
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Now down 32 points straight since I posted about this booming market...

I do have a knack
Old 08-16-2022, 03:23 PM   #4378
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

it's funny...the S&P was at a high of 4327 on the futures when I made my post, then plunged down to 4292 in the blink of an eye basically....and NOTHING on CNBC about this...they're still talking about how the DOW is up...

How do you ignore a 33 point drop in less than an hour...so strange
Old 08-17-2022, 12:35 PM   #4379
Rex Phinney

It's a very weird market right now. I suppose traders think the market got too oversold, but that is kind of hard to justify in a 4 month period where the Fed raised rates 2.5 basis points.

It feels like if there is going to be economic slowdown it's going to have to be catastrophic or nothing. Consumers aren't letting up until they are totally out of money. Until then they seem prepared to let demand rule the day, and that is bad news on inflation. I mean we even have mortgage rates doubling in 6 months and the housing market is barely easing up.
Old 08-17-2022, 12:54 PM   #4380
MikeH

I read articles in the Wall Street Journal (generally a liberal paper, except for their editorial staff), talking about interest rates being paid on CDs. How they've really not gone up, even though the 10 & 30 year yield are up, home loans are up 2%+, etc.

The writers' comments are that the banks are so flush with cash in their checking and savings accounts because of all the un-spent stimulus $$, that the banks don't need to raise what they are paying.

How much longer this $$ will last, is anyone's guess. I can't see how it could go on much longer, but, the employment stats coming out of the government right now are so contradictory that I have no idea. The labor force participation rate tells me that many workers are still "on the sidelines," probably a lot more than the stat shows.

A huge concern of mine is this. When men are out of work for extended periods (women react differently, in spite of what the liberal academia & entertainment industries want you to believe,) they tend to develop mental issues and then have a difficult time getting back to work. This was a huge, un-talked-about issue after the Great Recession.

It's now been, what?, 2½ years since the "Great Lockdown." I see the potential for real problems in the American future.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: