Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:27 PM   #3871
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 78,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
My account is off 22%

and we are not talking a few thousands....


I apologize...actually...I have no idea what your situation is or where you put your money in 2014.

I will bow out of this particular line of discussion...
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2022, 01:59 PM   #3872
lamboguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston+Ocala
Posts: 22,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
My account is off 22%

and we are not talking a few thousands....


that ain't nothing to even think about, you lost your money now you have to be smart. i am going to hip you up now to much worse problems than stock markets blowing up to smithereens. there are major problems now for farmers getting their hands on fertilizer. this is going to turn out to be major shortage of food. people are going to starve to death right in this beautiful country. i would suggest you get yourself and your family a 2 year supply of food that doesn't go bad. i have already done this. the next thing that you will want to do is get a power station for your home that can supply it with electricity from solar panels that have nothing to do with the grid. i would strongly heed my advice if you possibly can do this.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2022, 02:31 PM   #3873
Rex Phinney
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 1,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
I'm glad to hear that because i know how tough it is to admit when we are wrong. but for this instance, i can be wrong and you still won't be missing anything for now. and i really don't think i am wrong about this market at this juncture of time.

So after the S&P is down 18% and the NASDAQ is down 29% you're saying it's time to call a down market.


Congrats on getting out ahead of the crash.
Rex Phinney is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2022, 03:14 PM   #3874
lamboguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston+Ocala
Posts: 22,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
So after the S&P is down 18% and the NASDAQ is down 29% you're saying it's time to call a down market.


Congrats on getting out ahead of the crash.
sorry sir, i called this 4 months ago way ahead of this happening right on this board.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2022, 03:26 PM   #3875
Rex Phinney
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 1,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
sorry sir, i called this 4 months ago way ahead of this happening right on this board.

If you thought things would go south four months ago that is fine, but posting that george.burns99 should sell at this stage of the game isn't the same as 4 months ago.
Rex Phinney is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2022, 04:38 PM   #3876
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation
 
BettinBilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Where Palm Trees Sway
Posts: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
just step aside for now while you can, this thing got plenty of legs to it and you really ain't seen nothing yet heading south.

all you guys sound the same with this 15-year time horizon. believing that nonsense will only clean you out
I've heard that before a few times over the decades. You sound like a guy that is trying to do his little part to Bear the market.

Do you realize how many millions of 401k and retirement accounts are invested in Mutual Funds? Certainly some are conservative with bond/equity split, but equities are still being invested in. That alone will help stabilize the markets over time. People are not going to stop investing in the market in their 401k and retirement accounts because the market is correcting now. And they sure as hell aren't going to pull their money at a loss and put it into a .5 percent savings account. Many can't, as they are locked into their 401k. All they can do is sit and ride it out.

And as a side bar, I have a Vanguard fund now that is actually performing incredibly well. Actually, it's blowing me away. It's almost at a 9 percent GAIN in the last four months. That's one fund manager that knows how to invest in a correcting market.

Like all things, the market is cyclical. I filter the doom and gloom because it is all speculation.
__________________
"Horse Sense" is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people.

Last edited by BettinBilly; 05-11-2022 at 04:40 PM.
BettinBilly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2022, 04:51 PM   #3877
lamboguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston+Ocala
Posts: 22,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinBilly View Post
I've heard that before a few times over the decades. You sound like a guy that is trying to do his little part to Bear the market.

Do you realize how many millions of 401k and retirement accounts are invested in Mutual Funds? Certainly some are conservative with bond/equity split, but equities are still being invested in. That alone will help stabilize the markets over time. People are not going to stop investing in the market in their 401k and retirement accounts because the market is correcting now. And they sure as hell aren't going to pull their money at a loss and put it into a .5 percent savings account. Many can't, as they are locked into their 401k. All they can do is sit and ride it out.

And as a side bar, I have a Vanguard fund now that is actually performing incredibly well. Actually, it's blowing me away. It's almost at a 9 percent GAIN in the last four months. That's one fund manager that knows how to invest in a correcting market.

Like all things, the market is cyclical. I filter the doom and gloom because it is all speculation.
in every bear market there is always something or some sector that does well. also bear markets usually don't last as long as the bull market. the problem is that the leaders in the prior bull market aren't usually the same things as what takes the market up in the future.
i am the first to admit that i hope i am wrong and that the stocks that exist now bring the S+P to over 10,000 in less than 3 years. that way everyone will be happy.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2022, 05:02 PM   #3878
lamboguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston+Ocala
Posts: 22,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
GE just did a reverse stock split. it closed today at $100. the company and the stock has been a pos for the past 20 years. nothing has changed with that company except for them selling off their better assets to remain in business.

this is going to be my go to stock when I am ready to short the market.
this thing still going to go to hell
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2022, 05:10 PM   #3879
lamboguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston+Ocala
Posts: 22,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i am sticking with down 40% off the top this quarter and maybe a lot more for this year. my reasoning is i don't think there is any more money left to be printed, if they do print the markets will go up, but you will need wheel barrels of money to pay for food.
for the guy that wants to call me wrong because i was more than likely 1 quarter to early!

one of the reasons for the markets tanking is the strong dollar. the dollar is now at its strongest point in over 20 years. i don't know how true this is, but Biden said he paid off $1.5 trillion off the debt in a year. if true that would also lend to the dollar being so strong right now.

today gold saved itself for going down to $1680, maybe temporary. in the face of things, this was not expected on this type of a day.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2022, 05:15 PM   #3880
lamboguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston+Ocala
Posts: 22,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Look at these ****ing clowns. The top four (all of whom I've NEVER HEARD OF) traded at LEAST $40M worth of stocks EACH in 2021.

They put Nancy Pelosi's $12M to shame.

Where the **** do they get all this money?

Tell me this country isn't CORRUPT to its VERY CORE?
these guys are probably a very big reason why the stock market is cratering now.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2022, 06:13 PM   #3881
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 78,469
Not going to see any sort of turnaround until we get some big volume days...we're at the point now where it's lookout below...and it's not going to stop until there is blood in the streets and panic selling ensues...

There hasn't even been a hint of a panic day...at least as I see it.

Is support at 3500? 3000? Somewhere around there, probably...that's my guess anyway...

Prepare for a couple of monster down days, coming soon to a market near you.

"Sell in May and go away..."
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-11-2022 at 06:16 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2022, 06:24 PM   #3882
plainolebill
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Willamette Valley, Oregon
Posts: 1,594
Saving Capital Markets


Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-11-2022 at 06:35 PM.
plainolebill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2022, 06:29 PM   #3883
lamboguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boston+Ocala
Posts: 22,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Not going to see any sort of turnaround until we get some big volume days...we're at the point now where it's lookout below...and it's not going to stop until there is blood in the streets and panic selling ensues...

There hasn't even been a hint of a panic day...at least as I see it.

Is support at 3500? 3000? Somewhere around there, probably...that's my guess anyway...

Prepare for a couple of monster down days, coming soon to a market near you.

"Sell in May and go away..."
first stop could be 3700 ( probably) we can only hope that is going to hold, if she doesn't hold i would start to take a good look at 2400 area and skip all the stuff in between.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2022, 06:35 PM   #3884
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward
 
PaceAdvantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Del Boca Vista
Posts: 78,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by plainolebill View Post
That was AWESOME!
__________________
@paceadvantage | Support the site and become a today!
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2022, 07:33 PM   #3885
Rex Phinney
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 1,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettinBilly View Post
I've heard that before a few times over the decades. You sound like a guy that is trying to do his little part to Bear the market.

Do you realize how many millions of 401k and retirement accounts are invested in Mutual Funds? Certainly some are conservative with bond/equity split, but equities are still being invested in. That alone will help stabilize the markets over time. People are not going to stop investing in the market in their 401k and retirement accounts because the market is correcting now. And they sure as hell aren't going to pull their money at a loss and put it into a .5 percent savings account. Many can't, as they are locked into their 401k. All they can do is sit and ride it out.

And as a side bar, I have a Vanguard fund now that is actually performing incredibly well. Actually, it's blowing me away. It's almost at a 9 percent GAIN in the last four months. That's one fund manager that knows how to invest in a correcting market.

Like all things, the market is cyclical. I filter the doom and gloom because it is all speculation.



Exactly, I took on Altria (the cigarette maker) and Southern Company (utilities) in October of last year and they have both been amazing.


The easy way to make up for lost money is to buy more. You never know where the twist and turns are, in 5 years we might be looking at this saying "Geez if I would ave just bought on that 29% bear run in the NASDAQ, I'd be rich"
Rex Phinney is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Do you use energy percentages?
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.