Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Old 10-11-2023, 10:02 AM   #1
Teach

Gold: Is This Its Moment To Shine?

There’s an old saying: “In war, some people get killed and others make “a killing.” As I continue, as sad as that message’s portrayal, it’s a proven fact, over the years, in times of war, there are groups, i.e., munition-makers, who have made fabulous sums of money in supplying the combatants with weaponry. As an aside, in some cases, as in the Civil War, some of the rifles that were purchased were defective.

In this same vein, gold has seen some of its greatest upticks during times of crisis, i.e., war. It’s quite obvious that the recent hostilities in the Middle East have created uncertainty both in the region, and for that matter, in the rest of the world. That bodes well for gold. This current unexpected event is one of the reasons I own gold stocks. As I’ve stated, it’s my “hedge," my “insurance policy."

Moreover, for all the wrong reasons, this “Black Swan” event, the start of Middle East hostilities, has given gold the "trigger-mechanism" for “lift-off.” How high that “lift-off" will go is still uncertain. As cited, this is why I own gold and silver stocks, for just these unanticipated, unexpected events. We can only hope that this matter can be quickly and peacefully resolved. Yet while events in the Middle East continue to be in a state of flux, gold will continue to benefit.

In closing, however you slice it, this would appear to be gold’s “moment in the sun.” It’s moment to shine.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: