Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-05-2022, 08:00 PM   #1
maddog42

Alex Jones Ordered to Pay 45 million to SandyHook Parents

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/05/11160...nitive-damages
Old 08-05-2022, 08:06 PM   #2
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog42 View Post
You do realize that most Conservatives think Alex Jones is a Lunatic, right???

Look somewhere else to play Gotcha.
Old 08-05-2022, 08:16 PM   #3
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
You do realize that most Conservatives think Alex Jones is a Lunatic, right???

Look somewhere else to play Gotcha.

A lot of Democrats think anyone who votes Republican is a blend of everyone who votes likewise. I don't see how anyone listens to Alex Jones. Isn't he one

of the clowns that think 9-11 was an inside job? Those people need to do a little research on what heat it takes to soften a rivet.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2022, 08:25 PM   #4
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
A lot of Democrats think anyone who votes Republican is a blend of everyone who votes likewise. I don't see how anyone listens to Alex Jones. Isn't he one

of the clowns that think 9-11 was an inside job? Those people need to do a little research on what heat it takes to soften a rivet.
Old 08-05-2022, 10:49 PM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
amazing how simple fires just bring down two buildings like that in such a short period of time...kind of miraculous when you think about it...considering they were hit in completely different places by the planes...one of them much higher up...and yet they both collapsed like that...in record time...yeah, those people are nuts who don't believe the 9/11 commission fairy tale...errr...I mean official story.

Meanwhile, other skyscrapers have burned for 24 hours and didn't collapse...I guess they didn't use rivets...we're all just dumb
Old 08-05-2022, 11:20 PM   #6
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
amazing how simple fires just bring down two buildings like that in such a short period of time...kind of miraculous when you think about it...considering they were hit in completely different places by the planes...one of them much higher up...and yet they both collapsed like that...in record time...yeah, those people are nuts who don't believe the 9/11 commission fairy tale...errr...I mean official story.

Meanwhile, other skyscrapers have burned for 24 hours and didn't collapse...I guess they didn't use rivets...we're all just dumb

Were those other sky scrapers set on fire with jet fuel? A jet fuel fire gets over 1,000 degrees, hot enough to soften rivets. To think it was staged somehow is utter nonsense. It would have to be the world's biggest conspiracy. Like someone wouldn't have talked, that story would be worth 10's of millions or more.

That wasn't a simple fire, those planes were not your typical crash landing plane low on fuel.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 08-05-2022 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-05-2022, 11:32 PM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Were those other sky scrapers set on fire with jet fuel? A jet fuel fire gets over 1,000 degrees, hot enough to soften rivets. To think it was staged somehow is utter nonsense. It would have to be the world's biggest conspiracy. Like someone wouldn't have talked, that story would be worth 10's of millions or more.

That wasn't a simple fire, those planes were not your typical crash landing plane low on fuel.
How much of that fuel was consumed during the initial explosion? By the looks of the impact...had to be most of it, no? That was a big fireball...

Don't really feel like rehashing 21 years of stuff...it's not like I haven't posted about this before. I'm sure one of our resident autists can pull up every one of my posts on the topic, like they always do at the drop of a hat.
Old 08-06-2022, 01:35 AM   #8
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
How much of that fuel was consumed during the initial explosion? By the looks of the impact...had to be most of it, no? That was a big fireball...

Don't really feel like rehashing 21 years of stuff...it's not like I haven't posted about this before. I'm sure one of our resident autists can pull up every one of my posts on the topic, like they always do at the drop of a hat.

No reason to rehash your points. I listened to a few of the conspiracy theorists who even had engineers pointing out things that they thought were questionable. I was about as impressed with the engineers knowledge as I would be of a career postman telling us how to read economic indicators. Never did any of them mention the heat they thought the fire could attain or the effects variable heat ranges have on steel.

Most of my working life has been around metal working, while mostly machining, I have done enough welding, and hot forming to know the effects of heat and stress on steel. Improperly stress relieved steel can start moving around with as little as 500F heated through and starts softening rapidly at 1000F+. I mention the rivets as they are the weakest link in the framing.
You also cannot thoroughly inspect beams without destroying them, also non destructive metal testing measures in 1973 aren't what they are today.

Those planes had flown 10% of their journeys when they hit the towers,
they were damn near full of fuel. No doubt a lot went up and out, but a lot drenched the inside of the building.
Old 08-06-2022, 02:01 AM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

To think I can go back and read what we were writing on here real-time as this was happening is kinda mind blowing now that I think about it.

This website has been around a long time...
Old 08-06-2022, 09:31 AM   #10
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Alex Jones has as much as 270 million in the bank

He will tie this up in appeals for years

Why do you think he refused to respond to the case?
Old 08-06-2022, 10:18 AM   #11
classhandicapper

Here’s the thing with Alex Jones and conspiracy theorists in general. When the “official” explanation does not make sense or when there are clear cut political, economic, or self preservation motives involved, intelligent people will question what they are being told. That leads to speculation. When you speculate, you will sometimes be right, sometimes wrong, and sometimes a little of both.

For example, if someone that allowed Jeffry Epstein into the White House over a dozen times suddenly commits suicide it’s going to raise eyebrows given that Epstein also supposedly committed suicide.

In this case there are rumors he shot himself in the chest while hanging from electric wire and it happened 30 miles from his home. The photos that could verify the suicide scene have been sealed.

Anyone with a functioning brain is going suspect foul play in this case. If you don’t suspect a conspiracy there’s probably something wrong with you.

But with this kind of speculation, again, there are going to errors. Also, what has to avoided is just making stuff up for monetary gain.

That said, all this does mean we have to believe the liars in government, the media, IC etc.. when we know they are probably full of crap.
Old 08-06-2022, 10:32 AM   #12
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Alex Jones has as much as 270 million in the bank

He will tie this up in appeals for years

Why do you think he refused to respond to the case?
Have never listened to him... so can't comment on that.

But 100% this is going to be appealed.
Old 08-06-2022, 11:04 AM   #13
chrisl

Never watched Alex Jones. Just wondering how did they get around the first Amendment in this case?.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2022, 12:38 PM   #14
lex

They got around it because his untrue comments caused harm to people.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2022, 02:09 PM   #15
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
They got around it because his untrue comments caused harm to people.
Don't "untrue comments" about people cause some level of harm to all of the targets? There is so much lying and many conspiracy theories about people and events out there, e.g. Trump and his family, made up mostly by the news media, how is it that THEY, for the MOST part, get away with it?

I don't agree with, nor do I like what Alex Jones said, but justice must be applied equally to all, or not at all.

Let's see what happens with Trump's law suit against CNN for the personal harm that they, especially, have caused him and his family.

IMO, the damages for this one family are way too excessive. Will they share with the other 24 families whose children were murdered that fateful day?
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: