Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-25-2022, 11:12 PM   #1
MargieRose

Has Al Gore ever said anything that wasn't absolutely stupid?

Is there no bottom to the toxic, muddy sinkholes that democrats are willing to unabashedly wallow in?

Al Gore says climate change deniers are as bad as the Uvalde cops who let school massacre unfold
  • In a 'Meet the Press' interview, that airs on Sunday, Gore said: 'You know the climate deniers are really similar to all of those almost 400 officers in Uvalde'
  • He added: 'They heard the screams, they heard the gunshots and nobody stepped forward'
  • The former VP went on to labor the point saying that humanity was 'failing to walk through the door and stop the killing'
  • Gore has a long history of harsh comparisons involving climate change, previously liking it to 9/11, fascism in the 1930s, racism in American and Covid
  • He set up a green investment fund called Generation Investment in April 2004. It now holds $36 billion in assets, with Gore's worth $300 million
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2022, 12:03 AM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

It's called gaslighting...unironically I might add...
Old 07-26-2022, 01:39 PM   #3
Inner Dirt

Just another greenie hypocrite. For many years before being guilted into putting up solar panels, his mansion consumed over 20x the electricity of the typical family home. Al Gore became very wealthy selling his climate alarmism garbage while never practicing anything he preaches.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-26-2022, 02:49 PM   #4
MargieRose

Al Gore is back like a bad fashion trend: Watters

MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2022, 03:11 PM   #5
boxcar

The Greenie Enviro Whackos can't make up their minds which part of the planet is heating up the fastest.

Old 07-28-2022, 03:55 PM   #6
davew

it has been a few years since I have seen 'the inconvenient truth' but wasn't the world supposed to have ended by now or was it polar bears extinct?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2022, 04:14 PM   #7
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
it has been a few years since I have seen 'the inconvenient truth' but wasn't the world supposed to have ended by now or was it polar bears extinct?

My Aunt sent me a copy, but I never even opened it, maybe I should watch it for a laugh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ManBearPig

I thought that South Park was damn funny.
Old 07-28-2022, 04:29 PM   #8
Cuffdaddy

I believe it can be found under the new title, The Convenient Lie
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2022, 04:59 PM   #9
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
A Google search for the phrase "how low was sea level during ice age" (without the quotes) turns up the following link on the US Geological Survey .gov site:

The coastline of the eastern U.S. changes....slowly.
https://www.usgs.gov/media/images/co...-changesslowly

Quote:
Detailed Description

The amount of water in the oceans does change over the long term. During the last Ice Age, sea levels were lower, which allowed humans to cross over to North America from Asia at the (now underwater) Bering Strait.

During colder climatic periods more ice caps and glaciers form, and enough of the global water supply accumulates as ice to lessen the amounts in other parts of the water cycle. The reverse is true during warm periods. During the last ice age glaciers covered almost one-third of Earth's land mass, with the result being that the oceans were about 400 feet (122 meters) lower than today. During the last global "warm spell," about 125,000 years ago, the seas were about 18 feet (5.5. meters) higher than they are now. About three million years ago the oceans could have been up to 165 feet (50 meters) higher.
Given that sea level was 400 feet lower at the point of max glaciation during the last ice age, and given that sea level will likely be 18 feet higher than today once we reach the end of the current natural warming cycle:

My gut is telling me switching to electric cars by 2030 is going to have a dubious effect at best when it comes to combating rising sea levels.

Don't get me wrong.

We humans could do a much better job as stewards of this planet, especially when it comes to pollution, habitat destruction, protecting endangered species, building giant dams on rivers without fish ladders, introducing invasive species to areas where they have no natural predators, and shortsighted forestry management, etc.

But switching to electric cars?

Zero chance that has any significant effect on rising sea levels.

-jp
Old 07-28-2022, 05:19 PM   #10
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post

Don't get me wrong.

We humans could do a much better job as stewards of this planet, especially when it comes to pollution, habitat destruction, protecting endangered species, building giant dams on rivers without fish ladders, introducing invasive species to areas where they have no natural predators, and shortsighted forestry management,

-jp
This I certainly back 100%, I would think most would. If only that was a focus as that battle is a tough one.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2022, 05:22 PM   #11
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Al Gore is the main reason why these subversive traitors were willing to run ballots several times into voting machines, and mark up phoney mail in's. They feel that they were robbed, that mindset set the stage for "by any means".
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2022, 06:13 PM   #12
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post

We humans could do a much better job as stewards of this planet, especially when it comes to pollution, habitat destruction, protecting endangered species, building giant dams on rivers without fish ladders, introducing invasive species to areas where they have no natural predators, and shortsighted forestry management, etc.

But switching to electric cars?

Zero chance that has any significant effect on rising sea levels.

-jp

Man has nothing to do with that. It is all climate change. I trust Governor Newsome every time "fire season" happens in California, he blames man made climate change.

Of course ignore the fact the whole southwest USA has had long drought periods well before the internal combustion engine became common place.
They should change fire season to arson season in California, most all fires are man made, arson followed by carelessness and exploding electrical grid equipment.

Forest mismanagement is probably the biggest cause of what could of been a small fire turning into a huge one. Also failing to stem the rapid bark beetle infestations. I logged for a while from late teens to early 20's to sell firewood, 40 or so years ago. Stupidity then led to the very destructive Old Fire of 2003. The US Forest Service in the San Bernardino National Forest did not allow clear cutting, even in areas that were dying from beetle infestation or already dead. They only allowed thinning. Of course beetles prefer dying or dead trees, standing dead left are not only a beetles preferred habitat, they go up like kindling during a fire. The needles they drop when dying are one of the best fire starters around.

California has some odd restrictions on clearing dry brush. The last place I lived about a dozen houses, including mine were close to some foothills and maybe a couple dozen flat acres, dirt bikers and the like would illegally ride in. The scrub brush and weeds would get set on fire at couple times a year.

When my neighbors & I inquired if the owner would mind either clearing some of it or let us do it because of fire hazards we were told it was state land and they wanted left in it's natural state. It did burn often enough where the flames did not get that big when it did burn. I had a tile roofed, stucco house and my barns and shop were all made from metal. The backyard was 1/2 acre lawn. I also worked from home, any time a fire started I turned on the front and back sprinklers cranked open the garden hoses, grabbed a beer and went outside.
Old 07-28-2022, 06:24 PM   #13
jimmyb

Gore sits on the boards of at least 12 greentech companies. It's not like he's biased.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2022, 06:37 PM   #14
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Gore sits on the boards of at least 12 greentech companies. It's not like he's biased.

Just think of how many people whose bread is buttered by the quest to find and kill ManBearPig?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ManBearPig