Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-12-2022, 07:58 AM   #166
azeri98
Registered User
 
azeri98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,387
This horse is a freak.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2022, 11:46 AM   #167
BarchCapper
Registered User
 
BarchCapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Clarksville, AR
Posts: 866
Slowest final quarter in a Met Mile since Bribon in 2009. (Who?)

Hey, somebody's got to throw some (unwarranted) cold water on that performance!
__________________
Tom in NW Arkansas
——————
”Past performances are no guarantee of future results.” - Why isn't this disclaimer printed in the Daily Racing Form?
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2022, 02:05 PM   #168
ClockersCorner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 38
I’m not a big Beyers guy, but a four race career with figures of 105,114,118 and 112 has got to be pretty unprecedented, no?
ClockersCorner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2022, 10:07 PM   #169
Spalding No!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockersCorner View Post
I’m not a big Beyers guy, but a four race career with figures of 105,114,118 and 112 has got to be pretty unprecedented, no?
Almost as unprecedented as running a top horse once every 5 months on average.

Top sprinters Lost in the Fog and Lite the Fuse began their careers with 10 straight triple BSFs or more. Another top sprinter Affirmed Success started his career with 4 straight and ended up with 38 triple digit BSF in a 42-race career.

Pulpit ran 6 times and earned a triple digit BSF each time.

Coincidentally, John Sadler trained Three Peat to 6 consecutive triple digit BSF to begin his career. That didn't dissuade Sadler from dumping him into a $16k claimer later in his career.

https://www.drf.com/news/jerardi-jus...-beyer-company

Last edited by Spalding No!; 06-13-2022 at 10:10 PM.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2022, 04:38 PM   #170
PalaceOfFortLarned
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Posts: 719
Looks like he is training up to the 10F Pacific Classic at Del Mar in late August.

Hopefully also means a run in the BC Classic in November?

https://twitter.com/JimGazzale/statu...yU4jsh0q-Hiw54

Last edited by PalaceOfFortLarned; 06-27-2022 at 04:39 PM.
PalaceOfFortLarned is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2022, 05:24 PM   #171
classhandicapper
Registered User
 
classhandicapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 18,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
Looks like he is training up to the 10F Pacific Classic at Del Mar in late August.

Hopefully also means a run in the BC Classic in November?

https://twitter.com/JimGazzale/statu...yU4jsh0q-Hiw54
I hope he handles the 10F well enough to point to the Classic because comments by Todd Pletcher seem to indicate he thinks Life Is Good was hindered by the track condition in Dubai and he's willing to try 10F again. That's the matchup I want to see. Flightline may be the better horse, but I want to see him chase a peak Life Is Good and then try to finish well enough to win at 10F.
__________________
"Unlearning is the highest form of learning"
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2022, 09:07 PM   #172
dilanesp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 8,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I hope he handles the 10F well enough to point to the Classic because comments by Todd Pletcher seem to indicate he thinks Life Is Good was hindered by the track condition in Dubai and he's willing to try 10F again. That's the matchup I want to see. Flightline may be the better horse, but I want to see him chase a peak Life Is Good and then try to finish well enough to win at 10F.
If he runs in the Pacific Classic, that's way too little recovery time to come back in the BC. MAYBE he will be ready for the Saudi Cup.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2022, 10:31 PM   #173
cj
@TimeformUSfigs
 
cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 46,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I hope he handles the 10F well enough to point to the Classic because comments by Todd Pletcher seem to indicate he thinks Life Is Good was hindered by the track condition in Dubai and he's willing to try 10F again. That's the matchup I want to see. Flightline may be the better horse, but I want to see him chase a peak Life Is Good and then try to finish well enough to win at 10F.
Sounds like trainer speak to me. I'm sure Life Is Good can win at 10f if he draws a field like the Pegasus where the main competition doesn't try to challenge him early, but in a truly run race I doubt that would be near his best distance.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2022, 11:24 PM   #174
Tom
The Voice of Reason!
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 108,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
If he runs in the Pacific Classic, that's way too little recovery time to come back in the BC. MAYBE he will be ready for the Saudi Cup.
No, that is perfect scheduling.

Pacific Classic 2022
BC Classic 2023

It's tight, but doable.
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2022, 12:16 AM   #175
classhandicapper
Registered User
 
classhandicapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 18,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Sounds like trainer speak to me. I'm sure Life Is Good can win at 10f if he draws a field like the Pegasus where the main competition doesn't try to challenge him early, but in a truly run race I doubt that would be near his best distance.
I agree with you on his best distance, but in the interview I saw it didn’t sound like Pletcher was just excuse making. It sounded like the plan is to go in the Classic if he earns it in these other races.
__________________
"Unlearning is the highest form of learning"
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2022, 02:30 PM   #176
cj
@TimeformUSfigs
 
cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 46,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I agree with you on his best distance, but in the interview I saw it didn’t sound like Pletcher was just excuse making. It sounded like the plan is to go in the Classic if he earns it in these other races.
I didn't mean to say it wasn't the plan. I'm sure it is the plan. I don't fully buy the surface thing, that is always trainer speak IMO.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2022, 02:43 PM   #177
the little guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I didn't mean to say it wasn't the plan. I'm sure it is the plan. I don't fully buy the surface thing, that is always trainer speak IMO.
Life is Good sort of has to run in the Classic or find some reason to be retired. A second win in the BC Dirt Mile is like waving the white flag....and a loss in a second attempt would be disasterous.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2022, 04:48 PM   #178
cj
@TimeformUSfigs
 
cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 46,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Life is Good sort of has to run in the Classic or find some reason to be retired. A second win in the BC Dirt Mile is like waving the white flag....and a loss in a second attempt would be disasterous.
For sure, I actually meant to say that. Of course he needs to try 10f again because anything else doesn't matter. I'm just skeptical it was the surface, but Todd isn't going to say he isn't sure he can go that far.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2022, 04:57 PM   #179
the little guy
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 6,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
For sure, I actually meant to say that. Of course he needs to try 10f again because anything else doesn't matter. I'm just skeptical it was the surface, but Todd isn't going to say he isn't sure he can go that far.
Surface excuses are silly. It's what you said, pressured pace and a little past his optimal distance. He's a terrific horse. Doesn't mean he's a terrific 10F horse. I'm looking forward to seeing him Saturday and in the Whitney. He's exciting.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2022, 07:06 PM   #180
classhandicapper
Registered User
 
classhandicapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 18,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I didn't mean to say it wasn't the plan. I'm sure it is the plan. I don't fully buy the surface thing, that is always trainer speak IMO.
I didn't pay as close attention to how the track was playing that day as I usually do. If the replays and Trakus data are still out there, I'll take a look.

I certainly agree in general about trainers making bogus excuses about the surface, but if he doesn't actually believe it, I'd look for him to find an excuse to retire and not run in the Classic. If he doesn't believe he's a 10F horse, he'd be risking being badly embarrassed in an even tougher field. I don't think they'll do that.
__________________
"Unlearning is the highest form of learning"

Last edited by classhandicapper; 06-28-2022 at 07:08 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Do you use energy percentages?
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.