Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-10-2022, 03:26 AM   #16
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK@HSH View Post
Not the same David Wells CJ although the original is working with thoroughbreds.
at first i thought that said AT thoroughbreds(it's a dive bar within furlongs of pen) and was preparing another bad dangerfieldesque joke but actually the food there was (or at least used to be) surprisingly good seeing how the place looks like the double deuce from roadhouse when you pull up.

belated birthday wishes btw!!
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-10-2022, 04:13 AM   #17
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
The venues and connections mentioned hardly have a monopoly on shadiness....

unfortunately, i agree with that.

however, when your average 21st century juicer within a not very great radius around, say, elk creek ranch has a career shorter than most sopranos characters..... i'd say this region is the most egregious.

imo inclusion of the (dual-meaning) word cole, would have locked up another eclipse for marty mcgee!!
Old 06-10-2022, 07:59 AM   #18
classhandicapper

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I put the names of the horses in my stable mail. Who knows, I might decide one or more is worth a bet.
Old 06-10-2022, 08:23 AM   #19
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I'm not sure about everyone else, but I put the names of the horses in my stable mail. Who knows, I might decide one or more is worth a bet.
given that my average stable horse returns about as quickly as flightline, maybe mitchell (or whoever?) should pay me NOT to add them?
Old 06-10-2022, 10:31 AM   #20
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity View Post
given that my average stable horse returns about as quickly as flightline, maybe mitchell (or whoever?) should pay me NOT to add them?
I have the same problem.

I put the date I added the horse to my stable mail in my notes. Sometimes I go through all the horses to delete the irrelevant ones that have come back already and 1/3 never ran again after I added them.
Old 06-10-2022, 09:21 PM   #21
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I have the same problem.

I put the date I added the horse to my stable mail in my notes. Sometimes I go through all the horses to delete the irrelevant ones that have come back already and 1/3 never ran again after I added them.

Seeing this continuously happen as well has definitely discouraged me from taking claiming or owning seriously at the moment. It's a let down enough when one I want to bet never shows up again, can only imagine how frustrating that is when you're paying the bills.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2022, 04:00 PM   #22
Parkview_Pirate

And....she's back

The winner of the $10K race of interest for this thread, Classy Miss, is entered for $16K Tuesday, July 5th, at Parx, 4th race. Let the scrutiny be renewed.

I too have noticed a significant percentage of horses I add to my watch list do not start for six months (when I may delete them) or longer. Some I've left for a couple of years on the list. I believe that horse racing has a pretty low percentage of ponies that ever start in a race, but I'm not sure of the actual stats. I also recall reading somewhere that a large percentage of Kentucky Derby horses never race again.

For obvious reasons that little tidbit of racing info is hard to come by....
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2022, 05:19 PM   #23
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
The winner of the $10K race of interest for this thread, Classy Miss, is entered for $16K Tuesday, July 5th, at Parx, 4th race. Let the scrutiny be renewed.

I too have noticed a significant percentage of horses I add to my watch list do not start for six months (when I may delete them) or longer. Some I've left for a couple of years on the list. I believe that horse racing has a pretty low percentage of ponies that ever start in a race, but I'm not sure of the actual stats. I also recall reading somewhere that a large percentage of Kentucky Derby horses never race again.

For obvious reasons that little tidbit of racing info is hard to come by....
So it was in fact a claim for Ness and friends. That seemed highly probably, even though the name of trainer and owner were different.

new owner is Happy Got Lucky Stable, Inc.
They are extremely smart and lucky.
Win a disproportionate amount vs. 2nd and 3rd, as is often the case with really smart owners.
record 270 70 47 39 $1,684,452
Old 07-01-2022, 01:00 AM   #24
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
I've never seen a jurisdiction that allows 3 claims by the same connections from a single race.

At Oaklawn we only allow one.

Don't really have a take as to whether or not it's good or bad.

Just have never seen it.
you were calling races at Gulfstream when Michael Gill was claiming multiple horses out of races. i was told that they cut the maximum amount out of a race because of him. he was waiting until the end of the meet and brought all the horses up to his farm in Pennsylvania and ran at all the tracks in that area.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2022, 01:04 AM   #25
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
So it was in fact a claim for Ness and friends. That seemed highly probably, even though the name of trainer and owner were different.

new owner is Happy Got Lucky Stable, Inc.
They are extremely smart and lucky.
Win a disproportionate amount vs. 2nd and 3rd, as is often the case with really smart owners.
record 270 70 47 39 $1,684,452
you are a smart guy, please explain to me how this is good for the racing game and will not eventually kill the game?
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2022, 10:06 AM   #26
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
you are a smart guy, please explain to me how this is good for the racing game and will not eventually kill the game?
He never said it was good for racing.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-06-2022, 04:28 AM   #27
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Classy Miss was scratched from the starter allowance race yesterday at Parx, with a M/L of 2-1.

Looks like the second place finisher from the TP race and another claim Jalebi Baby, is entered at Parx on Saturday, July 9th, in the 4th race (# 7, M/L 7/2). Trained by Ness, Maiden Claimer, $20K, 6F. Let's hope she starts.
Old 07-08-2022, 03:58 AM   #28
Parkview_Pirate

and the third claim....

Irresistible Lady, the third horse claimed from the $10K maiden claimer referenced at the beginning of this thread, has been entered for a $16K Maiden Claimer at Parx next Wednesday, July 13th, in the 7th race on turf (#1 post) at 1 and 1/16 miles.

She finished 7th in her last start. Let's see if she likes the grass better.
Old 07-09-2022, 07:28 PM   #29
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Classy Miss was scratched from the starter allowance race yesterday at Parx, with a M/L of 2-1.

Looks like the second place finisher from the TP race and another claim Jalebi Baby, is entered at Parx on Saturday, July 9th, in the 4th race (# 7, M/L 7/2). Trained by Ness, Maiden Claimer, $20K, 6F. Let's hope she starts.
Jalebi Baby romped today in 6 horse field at 1-2, and taking down $15.6K in winner's share of purse for Ness and "Happy Got Lucky Stable, Inc.". Nice claim.
Old 07-16-2022, 07:10 AM   #30
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Irresistible Lady, the third horse claimed from the $10K maiden claimer referenced at the beginning of this thread, has been entered for a $16K Maiden Claimer at Parx next Wednesday, July 13th, in the 7th race on turf (#1 post) at 1 and 1/16 miles.

She finished 7th in her last start. Let's see if she likes the grass better.
Irresistible Lady was scratched from the 7th race at Parx on Wednesday. So far, all three horses claimed from the Friday, June 3rd, 5th race at Churchill have been entered for a race at Parx, but only one has started.

From the DRF article at the time:
"Classy Miss, Jalebi Baby, and Irresistible Lady all were claimed by owner Sean E. Mitchell with John David Wells listed as trainer."

All three horses are now trained by Ness, and I think all are owned by Happy Got Lucky Stable, Inc. Hmmm.

Scrutiny will continue until the other two (Classy Miss and Irrestible Lady) make their first start back since the claim.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: