Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-07-2020, 09:34 AM   #16
Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Hard to believe Charlie Daniels opened for Sha Na Na.

Nobody ever heard of Charlie Daniels ( at least in NY at that time).

That didn't last long though. In 1974 he played the Felt Forum at MSG and the Capitol theater in Passaic.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2020, 09:39 AM   #17
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Hard to believe Charlie Daniels opened for Sha Na Na.
At that time (August 1973) Charlie's first hit "Uneasy Rider" was climbing the charts.Amusing song about a hippie confronting a bunch of rednecks in a Mississippi bar.I used the line "And he voted for George McGovern for President" as my signature line a couple of years back.

Charlie.And say hello to Johnny with the fiddle, playin it hot and all the long haired country boys.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)

Last edited by barahona44; 07-07-2020 at 09:41 AM.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2020, 10:01 AM   #18
Boomer

Thanks for sharing Baharona. What a classic that is. You know most songs have a couple of lyrics and keep repeating over and over.

Charlies songs were truly great stories and ballads that would put you in a place and time that will live on forever. Especially for those of us who lived through those times.

Takin a trip to LA ( or Denver, Fort Lauderdale, Toronto, Saratoga or wherever our road trips and hitchhiking brought us) Tokin on a number and diggin on the radio.

Great times!
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-07-2020, 12:52 PM   #19
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Charlie’s latest release with his faux band is climbing since his death.

They did most of this just before Covid and during

The guitar work on here is sweet. It’s a whole album of songs

Old 07-08-2020, 09:35 AM   #20
Muddy
Muddy

I was at a Disney timeshare once with my family. Me and my father decided to play a round of golf. My father in law was working for American golf a company that manages golf courses. If we could find one that was managed by them we could play for free. So we find a course called Celebration Golf Club just outside of Orlando. The course was managed by American golf. We go to the course and my father in law goes to the counter pulls out his Id and says we would like to play 18. The guy tells him sorry we are booked. So we go to leave and the door to the manager's office is open with a man sitting behind a desk. He makes eye contact with my father in law and jumps up and says, Chambers what in the hell are you doing here? Turns out the guy was his old boss from back in Michigan. He says well me and my son in law were trying to get a round of golf in but you are booked. He says hold on and goes to the counter and says do you have your clubs with you right now? Go to the tee box and join the twosome teeing off. I look at the guy in the tee box and say to myself this guy looks familiar. We get to the 1st green and i'm tending the flag and after the guy putts it comes to me and I say is your name Charlie? He says yep. Turns out it was Charlie Daniels and his wife Hazel. We talked with them the whole round. Charlie and his wife were very enjoyable and down to earth. We had lunch him them after the round. It was a round I will never forget. Thanks again Charlie and Rest in peace.
Muddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2020, 09:56 AM   #21
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
I was at a Disney timeshare once with my family. Me and my father decided to play a round of golf. My father in law was working for American golf a company that manages golf courses. If we could find one that was managed by them we could play for free. So we find a course called Celebration Golf Club just outside of Orlando. The course was managed by American golf. We go to the course and my father in law goes to the counter pulls out his Id and says we would like to play 18. The guy tells him sorry we are booked. So we go to leave and the door to the manager's office is open with a man sitting behind a desk. He makes eye contact with my father in law and jumps up and says, Chambers what in the hell are you doing here? Turns out the guy was his old boss from back in Michigan. He says well me and my son in law were trying to get a round of golf in but you are booked. He says hold on and goes to the counter and says do you have your clubs with you right now? Go to the tee box and join the twosome teeing off. I look at the guy in the tee box and say to myself this guy looks familiar. We get to the 1st green and i'm tending the flag and after the guy putts it comes to me and I say is your name Charlie? He says yep. Turns out it was Charlie Daniels and his wife Hazel. We talked with them the whole round. Charlie and his wife were very enjoyable and down to earth. We had lunch him them after the round. It was a round I will never forget. Thanks again Charlie and Rest in peace.
Great story!
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2020, 11:31 AM   #22
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Great story!
Love it!!
Old 07-09-2020, 12:22 AM   #23
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Old 07-11-2020, 09:22 PM   #24
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Very Nice Cartoon

NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2020, 09:41 PM   #25
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Nice
Old 07-12-2020, 12:05 AM   #26
mountainman

NO rematch for the devil. And he doesn't deserve one. Incorporating a whole demonic orchestra was a big freakin' cheat. And Charlie (er, ah, Johnny) schooled him anyway. And then talked smack. Bravo.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: