Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

View Poll Results: In your opinion is there now or have ever been a Turn-Key Profit Machine in Horse rac
No , of course not 67 39.88%
Yes, there is 47 27.98%
Never will be, too many variable's 54 32.14%
Voters: 168. This poll is closed

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #31
MartyZee

Annoying

He sure is annoying-the same crap over and over again
MartyZee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #32
JimG

Does Patrick really think he is the first person to buy racing related material and be dissatisfied with a product? Heck, I am sure most of us have many times over. We chalk it up to experience, and move on.

Patrick, you are not the first, but you damn sure are the whiniest and most annoying on this subject that I have observed in almost 20 years of internet and Prodigy horse racing boards. Congrats on that.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2012, 07:52 PM   #33
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Patrick....no one cares.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #34
windoor

Against my better judgment I posted in this thread with a serious question.
How much would you pay, and what kind of proof would you require for a profitable Black Box?

Which has yet to be answered by anyone. I was just curious.

Although I also poked a little fun at those who would advertize a product for sale that would "consistently" turn a profit at the track. Not saying anyone here did. My Dad had quite a bit of faith (unwarranted) it some of these products.

I do have a little problem with this statement. Maybe I took it out of context?

"First, I have been hearing forever that if anyone had anything that worked, they would never sell it. Therefore, if something is for sale it must have no value."

Wow, that is a huge leap from a "Black Box" to everything connected to horse racing that is for sale, "has no value" . Simply not true.

I have paid quite a bit for information and software these last few years, and have found great value in my purchases. I suspect many others can say the same. I did not purchase a Black Box, but seem to have one anyway.

And after reading my own first post, it might seem I was taking a stab at Dave Swartz. Not at all. I have the highest regard for Dave. For the record, my name is Dave also. It was a small attempt at humor, and most know, I fail miserably at exotics.

Regards,

Windoor
windoor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #35
njcurveball

I purchased a saw recommended by a Master Carpenter at a very steep price, also purchased some expensive blades for it as well. I have used it twice. I wonder if I can take it back to the store after a few years and get a refund.

The Master Carpenter swears by it, I swear at it.

He says it cuts like champ, I only can cut like a chump!

Yeah, that damn saw just sucks! I think all stores should take items back at any time, even after a few years! But hey, if anyone wants to buy some really good blades, slightly used, contact me.
njcurveball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #36
Vinnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcurveball
I purchased a saw recommended by a Master Carpenter at a very steep price, also purchased some expensive blades for it as well. I have used it twice. I wonder if I can take it back to the store after a few years and get a refund.

The Master Carpenter swears by it, I swear at it.

He says it cuts like champ, I only can cut like a chump!

Yeah, that damn saw just sucks! I think all stores should take items back at any time, even after a few years! But hey, if anyone wants to buy some really good blades, slightly used, contact me.

Love your Post Njcurveball... LOL.....

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #37
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by windoor
And after reading my own first post, it might seem I was taking a stab at Dave Swartz. Not at all. I have the highest regard for Dave.
Kind of loses its punch when you realize his last name is spelled Schwartz...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #38
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Dave Swartz
Would you be surprised to find out that I am actually Irish? Seriously.

Quote:
Against my better judgment I posted in this thread with a serious question.
How much would you pay, and what kind of proof would you require for a profitable Black Box?

Which has yet to be answered by anyone. I was just curious.
Some years ago I asked the same question here.

Specifically, I asked the question (not verbatim; from memory) "If I developed a software program that I could prove to your satisfaction would produce $20,000 per month how much would you be willing to pay for it?"

I got several responses and a little discussion but the biggest number was $1,000. Understand, that wasn't $1,000 per month, but a one-time price of $1,000.

It goes to show just how unrealistic horse players can be.

Now, I understand that someone might not believe that it is even remotely possible to beat the game on a consistent basis. I know that we have many people here who believe that.

But... and this is a very large but... if it could be proven to your satisfaction, how much would you pay for $20k per month in profit? (Rhetorical question. I do not sell things that way.) What ever the fair answer is (to both buyer and seller) I think it is safe to assume that the "fair price" is a lot more than $1,000.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #39
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG
Does Patrick really think he is the first person to buy racing related material and be dissatisfied with a product? Heck, I am sure most of us have many times over. We chalk it up to experience, and move on.

Patrick, you are not the first, but you damn sure are the whiniest and most annoying on this subject that I have observed in almost 20 years of internet and Prodigy horse racing boards. Congrats on that.

Jim
Aside from poor Dave having to waste his time refuting the same claims over and over again, the saddest part about these Patrick "woe is me" threads is that over the years he has received a lot of intelligent, well-thought-out advice. People have taken the time to try to explain that maybe this isn't the game for him, that you can't try to hit a 500-foot home run when you can barely pick up a bat, that you have to work hard and be patient and learn discipline to succeed, and that you can't blame the tools (as NJCurveball cleverly described a bit earlier in the thread). A lot of effort has been put in by some very sharp people to try to help the guy out, and it's a shame it's all gone to waste and his mindset appears to be exactly what it was at the start.
castaway01 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #40
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz

But... and this is a very large but... if it could be proven to your satisfaction, how much would you pay for $20k per month in profit?

Regards,
Dave Schwartz
$100,000...CASH!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:06 PM   #41
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I'd say it's worth more like $360,000....
Old 04-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #42
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I'd say it's worth more like $360,000....
Maybe so...but we need to keep some money in order to set up a suitable bankroll.

If I were to get into a bidding war for it with someone else though...the gloves are off...
Old 04-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #43
windoor

So much for my quick typing and spelling. Apologies.

And what kind of proof would you require that such a thing exists and is indeed profitable?

Windoor
windoor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #44
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by windoor
So much for my quick typing and spelling. Apologies.

And what kind of proof would you require that such a thing exists and is indeed profitable?

Windoor
To have you demonstrate it to me at the track, with real money, for 2,000 bets.

Or I should say 2,000 betting races...in case this is one of those methods which requires placing many bets in the same race.

Last edited by thaskalos; 04-01-2012 at 11:39 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-01-2012, 11:40 PM   #45
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

BTW, I came up with my figure using a 1.5x annual profit, considering it is still a very high risk venture...

If it weren't a high risk venture, it would be worth even more...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: