Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-04-2011, 03:17 PM   #166
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Interesting in the way that a sleezebag like that guy has a column and taints the soil of America? He is the kind of guy you just punch in the face as soon you meet him. Let me know when he assumes room temperature - I will make it a point to celebrate his passing as well.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #167
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Interesting in the way that a sleezebag like that guy has a column and taints the soil of America? He is the kind of guy you just punch in the face as soon you meet him. Let me know when he assumes room temperature - I will make it a point to celebrate his passing as well.

I kind of agree with him and the Vatican that death is cause for meditation not celebration, but that doesn't mean I am "right".

I know that not everyone shares the same beliefs as the Vatican. I can tell you I certainly was NOT overcome with joy. Should I have been? I have been more meditative toward his death. Is it wrong that some were overcome with joy? I think it depends on the meaning you attached to the man. There is probably no right or wrong way to respond to OBL's death.

I don't know if you read the whole article, but he makes some interesting points. For example, there has been a lot of questionable information flowing from the WH:

Quote:
Doug: Look, a thinking person has to question authority – at all times, on all issues. It’s a matter of principle, as well as prudence. I’ve said it before, and will say it again: 90% of everything in the media is bull. If it’s not a fabrication, it’s opinion disguised as fact. Or facts that are modified or twisted. Or there’s significant data left out. Often that’s not because of some conspiracy, but rather the pure incompetence of reporters and editors today. There aren’t any H.L. Menckens on the scene that I can think of. I read and listen to the news mainly for entertainment purposes, and to learn what other people seem to believe.

Do I think this is all a con job? Well, you’d think that after spending trillions of dollars, and killing hundreds of thousands of people, that finally, after ten years, they could catch up with Osama, who is supposed to be the mastermind of evil itself. Frankly, at this point, he couldn’t have been more than just a tired, sick old man. He would probably have died naturally in a few years anyway, if he hadn’t already died years ago.

But you’d think they could get their story straight. First he’s hiding behind a woman, using her as a shield as he returned fire. Then he’s unarmed. I’ve read he was killed with two shots to the head. It sounds like a mob hit.

Last edited by swetyejohn; 05-04-2011 at 06:12 PM.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2011, 09:13 PM   #168
ArlJim78

The raid on the compound took 38 minutes.
The traditional funeral service they gave OBL lasted 40 minutes.

that is messed up.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #169
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
The raid on the compound took 38 minutes.
The traditional funeral service they gave OBL lasted 40 minutes.

that is messed up.
If there is ever a firefight at my house (compound?) I hope that the local police can arrive within 38 minutes.

So a helicopter goes down, a neighbor is tweeting about the noise from the choppers, there is a firefight -- and no police or military show up in the first 38 minutes?
Old 05-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #170
ArlJim78

Quote:
Originally Posted by swetyejohn
If there is ever a firefight at my house (compound?) I hope that the local police can arrive within 38 minutes.

So a helicopter goes down, a neighbor is tweeting about the noise from the choppers, there is a firefight -- and no police or military show up in the first 38 minutes?
hey our guys are just that stealthy.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #171
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
hey our guys are just that stealthy.
The Seals could have had silencers on their weapons. But how do you silence a crashing helicopter?
Old 05-04-2011, 11:58 PM   #172
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
I don't buy all the details of the death of OBL, but neither do I think it approaches the level of bullshit that came out of the Iraq war.
Of course you don't, because you're a hypocrite like everyone else (myself included).

You'll believe what comes out of THIS government (even though it contains some of the same characters as the LAST government, like Robert Gates), but whatever came out of the LAST gov't was to be totally discounted and mistrusted.

And now you're CALLING ME names on top of it all...(Deather)....

Man, you are just WAY TOO funny pal...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2011, 12:09 AM   #173
MartyZee

Enough

Forget about this political Bull- All I know is that I'm overjoyed that this poor excuse for a human being is gone . Being over 65 years of age I never wished harm to anyone; BUT I CAN SAY I AM HAPPY THAT HE IS OUTTA HERE
MartyZee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #174
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I think we're all happy he's outta here.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2011, 03:00 AM   #175
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:

If you know you are out gunned and have an idea that it might be the U.S. who have finally found Osama (because you have been protecting him) and you also know that cruise missiles and bombs are very possibly on the way, you don't go rushing in.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2011, 03:17 AM   #176
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
If you know you are out gunned and have an idea that it might be the U.S. who have finally found Osama (because you have been protecting him) and you also know that cruise missiles and bombs are very possibly on the way, you don't go rushing in.

Exactly. No one would be surprised if OBL was being protected by local authorities.

On the other hand, if they knew he lived there, they didn't try very hard to protect him.

Maybe someone who knew he was living there is $25 million richer?
Old 05-05-2011, 03:55 AM   #177
Lefty

I don't give a rat's derriere if he was unarmed or not. He was a mass murderer. Adios!

I thank Obama for having the guts to put the kill order on him, when Clinton did not.

I thank GW Bush for putting the mechanism in place that led to the info
that fingered" him.
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2011, 04:08 AM   #178
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
On the other hand, if they knew he lived there, they didn't try very hard to protect him.
Ten years buys a lot of complacency
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2011, 05:04 AM   #179
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Ten years buys a lot of complacency

Another good point.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:06 AM   #180
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
There could be more than one meaning in the video and your perception of its' intent.
With some of the leakage trickling out of the WH, you could imagine him getting pissed that he was one-upped by the Clintonistas on his team while he was out on the golf course.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply