Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 02-01-2016, 07:56 PM   #1
PowerUpPaynter

Robert B Lewis Stakes

Interested to see Mor Spirit make his 3 year old debut
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2016, 11:24 AM   #2
letswastemoney

Go Uncle Lino!!!
https://www.ladyandthetrack.com/news...t-b-lewis.html
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2016, 12:26 PM   #3
Parson

here are the bris pps

Here are the bris pps for the Robert B Lewis, I would like to read anyone's thoughts.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf sax0206y.pdf (203.9 KB, 33 views)
Parson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2016, 06:00 PM   #4
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

I'd like to play the Let's Meet in Rio after playing him in the Sham, but I just see him as a notch or two below others in here.

Really looks to set up for the Mor Spirit as he should get a hot pace in front of him, and he has shown the ability to rate and pounce. Best horse in the field and it looks to be a perfect pace set up for him.

The Dressed in Hermes is the interesting horse in here to me. Has shown speed, and can also come from off the pace which looks to be the set up he'll get here and where he has had his most success. His race in the BC Juvenile Turf wasn't too bad and he rallied to win his next out. The turf to dirt move is a giant question mark as his lone dirt race was less than stellar, but at least it was against Exaggerator who is a pretty good colt. Bejarano is the best jockey on the premises, so he'll likely get the most out of this guy if he takes to the surface.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2016, 06:28 PM   #5
azeri98

I'm not sold on Mor Spirit yet,Toews on Ice's race at OP didn't flatter him, I will try to beat him with the
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2016, 08:39 PM   #6
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
I'd like to play the Let's Meet in Rio after playing him in the Sham, but I just see him as a notch or two below others in here.

Really looks to set up for the Mor Spirit as he should get a hot pace in front of him, and he has shown the ability to rate and pounce. Best horse in the field and it looks to be a perfect pace set up for him.

The Dressed in Hermes is the interesting horse in here to me. Has shown speed, and can also come from off the pace which looks to be the set up he'll get here and where he has had his most success. His race in the BC Juvenile Turf wasn't too bad and he rallied to win his next out. The turf to dirt move is a giant question mark as his lone dirt race was less than stellar, but at least it was against Exaggerator who is a pretty good colt. Bejarano is the best jockey on the premises, so he'll likely get the most out of this guy if he takes to the surface.
I agree, Mor Spirit is the horse to beat, best class, won at SA in a mile race, has won at the distance, tied for best speed. E/P horse who can lead/stalk/press. Good post. I expect a decent to fast pace, but Mor Spirit will not be inclined to battle for the lead if the pace is fast. Baffert knows how to bring them to a good performance after a layoff.

The other good horses will have to overcome turf to dirt, or sprint to route.

It's a "no bet" for me, as I can't see anyone beating Mor Spirit and his odds will be too low. Field is too short for a superfecta with him on top.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-05-2016, 11:10 AM   #7
classhandicapper

Mor Spirit is the likely and deserving favorite, but I don't think the class edge is as large as it looks. The Los Al Futurity was more of a Grade 2 race.

I generally don't like ALW horses trying Graded Stakes (even these early 3yos when the gap isn't very large), but I Will Score is the fastest of them and should shake loose. It will be on Uncle Lino to stay close and keep the pace honest or that one may forget to stop.
Old 02-05-2016, 12:44 PM   #8
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
Mor Spirit is the likely and deserving favorite, but I don't think the class edge is as large as it looks. The Los Al Futurity was more of a Grade 2 race.

I generally don't like ALW horses trying Graded Stakes (even these early 3yos when the gap isn't very large), but I Will Score is the fastest of them and should shake loose. It will be on Uncle Lino to stay close and keep the pace honest or that one may forget to stop.
Of course that's a possibility, almost anything is possible in racing, but going from 6.5f to 1m16 is a pretty good jump in distance. In his last race on Jan 3 at SA, the 6f call was 1:08-1, while the 6.5f finish call was 1:15 (almost 7 seconds), and that final 1/2f was running full out. Doesn't look like a finish that sets up well for a stretchout to 1m16. Recent works at 6f looked good, but he still has to stretch out quite a bit. And the odds may not be too appetizing either.

Last edited by raybo; 02-05-2016 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:59 AM   #9
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
Of course that's a possibility, almost anything is possible in racing, but going from 6.5f to 1m16 is a pretty good jump in distance. In his last race on Jan 3 at SA, the 6f call was 1:08-1, while the 6.5f finish call was 1:15 (almost 7 seconds), and that final 1/2f was running full out. Doesn't look like a finish that sets up well for a stretchout to 1m16. Recent works at 6f looked good, but he still has to stretch out quite a bit. And the odds may not be too appetizing either.
I agree on the negatives. Personally, the race doesn't look like it will be bettable to me unless there's a bias of some sort.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:19 AM   #10
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
I agree on the negatives. Personally, the race doesn't look like it will be bettable to me unless there's a bias of some sort.
The .

But has to be at 6/1 or 7/1 or better.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2016, 12:06 PM   #11
Baron Star Gregg

I see running down (he's got enough distance in his pedigree) late with picking up the pieces.
Baron Star Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2016, 12:39 PM   #12
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

It looks like the M/L is pretty much spot on, so if you can't beat these odds, win betting is probably not a good idea in this race.

ML/Horse#/RS-ESP/Name
6-----1-------S 0----LET'S MEET IN RIO
2.5---2-------E 8----I WILL SCORE
6-----3-------S 1----DRESSED IN HERMES
12----4-------S 3----LAOBAN
1.6---5-------E/P 2--MOR SPIRIT
8-----6-------S 0----PATH OF DAVID
5-----7-------E 6----UNCLE LINO

Last edited by raybo; 02-06-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:55 PM   #13
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Star Gregg
I see running down (he's got enough distance in his pedigree) late with picking up the pieces.
Yeah, I see the 5 sitting about 3rd through the 2nd call, then less than a length at the stretch call, and out-finishing everyone. 2 and 7 might hook up early and doom their chances of going the route distance.

The problem with trying to predict the early pace picture in this race is that several have never run routes, so the connections could decide to run a different running style in this race because of the added distance.

Old 02-06-2016, 01:00 PM   #14
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Could come down to this (horse rankings from my program):

Class >>>>> 5 3 1 4 7 2
Distance >>> 5 1 3 4 6
Class/Dist. >> 5 3 1 4 2

Old 02-06-2016, 02:10 PM   #15
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Looks like a possible pace meltdown, but were talking about Santa Anita here! The and the are the only two with a win around two turns and the will be a much better price over the .

Attached Images
File Type: png BLS.png (41.0 KB, 45 views)
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply