Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-07-2015, 05:08 PM   #1
Stillriledup
Veteran

Amelia's Wild Ride

Was it a 2 mile race or a 5F Race?

The guy needed to come out of the gate and get right in the pocket behind the 2 leaders, but he was just taking his time for some reason.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2015, 05:26 PM   #2
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup

The guy needed to come out of the gate and get right in the pocket behind the 2 leaders, but he was just taking his time for some reason.
What were this horse's PP lines? Was this one a main speed?
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2015, 05:34 PM   #3
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
What were this horse's PP lines? Was this one a main speed?
He's a presser stalker type. He got away 2nd in 3 of his last 4 races. Today he was far behind even though the 1 and 4 created a 'vacuum' where he could follow right in the pocket if he was more serious about winning today's race.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:55 PM   #4
Kash$
Veteran

Quote:
He's a presser stalker type. He got away 2nd in 3 of his last 4 races. Today he was far behind even though the 1 and 4 created a 'vacuum' where he could follow right in the pocket if he was more serious about winning today's race.

Lezcano?
Isnt he best known for his aggressive ride on Frosted?
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2015, 05:56 PM   #5
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash$
Lezcano?
Isnt he best known for his aggressive ride on Frosted?
He's now known for botching this horse. Had the best horse in the race and found a way to finish 4th.
Old 09-07-2015, 11:31 PM   #6
SuperPickle

Quote:

Nothing jockey related here. If you watch the replay Paco guns the and breaks out and brushes him. Lezcano saw the pocket and tried to urge him but by then it was too late because he hit the turn and the outside horses dropped down on him.

You have kind of hand it to Paco for knowing the course and track condition. He knew he needed the lead. Theres nothing Lezcano could do. The horse could never make the lead no matter what he did.

I'll put it this way. Yesterday's 5 furlong race was gate to wire. The filly stake was gate to wire today. This race the 1-2 finishers dueled all the way around including a 21 and 1 opener. The course is green asphalt. Nothing on the lead comes back.

Jesus could have ridden your horse and he ain't winning.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2015, 01:12 AM   #7
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
Nothing jockey related here. If you watch the replay Paco guns the and breaks out and brushes him. Lezcano saw the pocket and tried to urge him but by then it was too late because he hit the turn and the outside horses dropped down on him.

You have kind of hand it to Paco for knowing the course and track condition. He knew he needed the lead. Theres nothing Lezcano could do. The horse could never make the lead no matter what he did.

I'll put it this way. Yesterday's 5 furlong race was gate to wire. The filly stake was gate to wire today. This race the 1-2 finishers dueled all the way around including a 21 and 1 opener. The course is green asphalt. Nothing on the lead comes back.

You mean Jesus Castanon?
Old 09-08-2015, 03:26 PM   #8
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle

How did this work out for you and me in the 6th today? Speed collapsed faster than the titanic.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:34 PM   #9
Kash$
Veteran

Quote:
How did this work out for you and me in the 6th today? Speed collapsed faster than the titanic.
won today at keen 14/1
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-03-2015, 03:36 PM   #10
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash$
won today at keen 14/1
Huh, guess I knew what I was talking about after all.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:15 AM   #11
Mandrake
Veteran

My friend's father owns this horse. Lezcano has worked him twice, and said go to the winner's circle. Take that for what it's worth. My friend said he won't run today if turf is soft, but would run if race was on main track.
Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2016, 10:57 AM   #12
outofthebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake
My friend's father owns this horse. Lezcano has worked him twice, and said go to the winner's circle. Take that for what it's worth. My friend said he won't run today if turf is soft, but would run if race was on main track.
Is he running under assistants name, or did he change barns?
outofthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2016, 11:06 AM   #13
Mandrake
Veteran

I would assume assistant. Ramon is still trainer, even though suspended.
Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2016, 02:55 PM   #14
outofthebox

Quote:
I would assume assistant. Ramon is still trainer, even though suspended.
Thanks..Hope he does well...We stand the stallion in Louisiana..
Old 01-16-2016, 03:14 PM   #15
outofthebox

Quote:
Great race. Congrats to the connections...