Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 01-14-2016, 03:08 PM   #1
azeri98

Lecompte

Who's going to win this race? Its really tough, I will look at a little more and then make my pick.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2016, 12:20 PM   #2
letswastemoney

I'm going to say Fish Trappe Road will steal it...even though my article on the race uses Dolphus as the headliner.

https://www.ladyandthetrack.com/news...r-grounds.html
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2016, 02:45 PM   #3
jahura2

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98
Who's going to win this race? Its really tough, I will look at a little more and then make my pick.
Depending on price gonna go with Tiz Noble, and Dolphus, both Joe Sharp Trainees with Uncle Walter and Mo Tom rounding out the runner up spots.
w w
jahura2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2016, 06:10 PM   #4
Michael

If I can get 5/1 on Uncle Walter I'll take it.

Came up with something like

In theory I like how Jahura structured his bet
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2016, 08:23 PM   #5
f2tornado

I like the and . It's hard to differentiate what's left to fill out the exotics so I might go for a price. Espinoza isn't hanging out in the swamp to ride duds. The has Popinjay in tail female and could improve significantly. Blinkers on and Lukas occasionally brings home the bomber. has Geroux up who hits the board at FG about 60% of the time. The are others I could see get up. I can't dump the either as could be the lone closer. That's too many ponies unless I play a tiered dime super.

/// = $12
Win bets on the and depending on odds.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2016, 08:26 PM   #6
azeri98

I'm goin and with
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2016, 10:18 AM   #7
Parson

The class of this race is the and if gets little pressure, he just might wire this field. However, I do not see the others let him set easy fractions, especially the TAP trained . But look for him to grab a piece of the bottom of the exotics.

The gets Corey Lanerie for the 3rd time so he should be very familar with the mount. He is trained by Tom Amoss who is always tough @FGX and his having a very good meet so far. He has shown improvement in every race of his short career. If his morning form can be duplicated to the afternoon, this one is definitely a contender.

The takes a big step forward for the same owner of American Pharoah, adds blinkers. He has not shown much in the morning, but I always have a hard time dismissing any horse trained by the "coach" in graded stakes races especially @ 15/1.

The is another taking a step forward and would normally be dismissed, but he has 2 previous trips over the course, retains Hernandez, always in the money, and Sharp is winning @ 27% 2nd time at a route.

The one that makes me scratch my head is the . The Ramsey/Maker combination have done really well @ FGX for the past several years. This Uncle Mo colt knows where the wire is and how to get there. Do not let the morning works mislead you. Maker has trained for me and I can attest that he doesn't always push the horse in the morning, especially young ones like this one. He will be stretching out for the first time. His bloodline on top says he is capable of going past 8 panels. His morning line of 6/1 is attractive.

Remember that these are 3 yr olds as of January 1, most still have some time before the actual foal date to be 3. That means we are essentially betting on 7th grade girls basketball at this time of the season.

All of that being said, I will play the keyed over the if I play an exotic. I will watch the paddock and post parade before I decide.

Last edited by Parson; 01-16-2016 at 10:26 AM.
Parson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2016, 11:10 AM   #8
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Really interesting race with a lot of interesting horses.

Mo Tom will likely be the favorite, and has the most class in the field. He'll be in the mix somewhere.

Fish Trappe Road- Can he steal it on the front end?
Uncle Walter - The "other" Uncle Mo horse could get overlooked in here.
Z Royal - Breeding is very interesting and we haven't seen near the best this horse can deliver. Victor crawls on board to boot.
Noble Thought - With so many other interesting entries, I'm hoping this one gets overlooked the most. ML of 10/1, could he possibly go of at 15/1 or more? Arguably the best jockey at the track returns after a successful win at the track and distance after the trainer change. A grinder that could get first run and get it done.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2016, 01:28 PM   #9
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

From a posting I made on my forum:

Quote:
After looking at the data file this morning, in the Le Compte tomorrow at FG, I like 7 Mo Tom, 10 Pinnacle Peak, and 15 Tom's Ready (virtually tied with 10 Pinnacle Peak).

7 Mo Tom - poor start in last (start 12th, 1st call 12th, 2nd call 9th), the Kty JC G2, and improved to 3rd while losing by only 1 3/4). 49 day rest since that race and Amoss is 21% wins off a 45 day layoff or more. Lanerie has 17% win rate. Good post position.

10 Pinnacle Peak - Jumped up huge in last race, at same distance and track as the Le Compte, best speed fig in the field. Stidham is 23% in 2nd start after a 45 day layoff or more. Geroux has 20% win rate. Ok post position. Class may be a challenge.

15 Tom's Ready - Hit the gate in last race, while finishing 2nd, barely beaten by Pinnacle Peak. Second best speed fig in the field. Again, same distance and track as the Le Compte. Class may be a challenge. Poor post position but should keep him out of trouble. Finished a strong 2nd to Mo Tom 3 back, bumped start in 2nd back and never got going, appears to be improving nicely and had 30 days rest after big performance in last race.

2 Fish Trappe Road - Could be trouble, and should be a decent price. Handled Belmont well in last two races, one on a muddy track (I think FG compares well to Belmont). But, he looks rather green to me, veered at start in last, and in both of the last 2 races he drifted out late.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2016, 03:03 PM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Tough race.
TFUS has 6 horse withing 5 points off the last race and one stick out number for MO Tom, but on an off track.

This race is probably the target for most of these Derby pretenders.
Have to agree with TF... looks the best in here.
second.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:22 PM   #11
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Tough race.
TFUS has 6 horse withing 5 points off the last race and one stick out number for MO Tom, but on an off track.

This race is probably the target for most of these Derby pretenders.
Have to agree with TF... looks the best in here.
second.
At this point of time, and with young 3 yos, it might be tough to classify horses as a pretenders. They may appear to be right now, but you, and the rest of us, know they can get really good, really quickly. Yeah, they look weak, but it's very early.

Old 01-16-2016, 03:53 PM   #12
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Well, we can talk about them when they look good, but now, I don't see anything here going much farther.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:39 PM   #13
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

The scratches took a lot of starch out of this race.

proved to be the best, and the had a great ride and nearly closed out the chalk. flashed early speed and shut off the rail for any chance out of the , and thus made the run by the fairly impressive.

Hard to like much out of the rest of the field.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2016, 10:03 PM   #14
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Nice close by the 7! 15 ran well also.