Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 12-05-2015, 06:38 PM   #1
sbcaris

on the derby trail

Zulu who won the second at GP today could be a good one. He has Buckpasser in the X passing position. He has Lygie as his conduit mare in tail female. He has Weekend surprise top and bottom bred to different individuals which makes him an (RF) Rasmussen Factor horse. He went for 900,000 as a yearling and is trained by Pletcher.
sbcaris is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2015, 11:56 PM   #2
UnionRags

Abercorn is going to rule GP this meet.
UnionRags is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2015, 03:14 AM   #3
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbcaris
Zulu who won the second at GP today could be a good one. He has Buckpasser in the X passing position. He has Lygie as his conduit mare in tail female. He has Weekend surprise top and bottom bred to different individuals which makes him an (RF) Rasmussen Factor horse. He went for 900,000 as a yearling and is trained by Pletcher.

I see you're familiar with Dr Roman......has being able to recite the Dosage & Ped profile of a 2yo done you any good at the betting windows? Unless you plan on buying, selling, and racing horses, seems to be a lot of studying for one race a year.
Was going to end on that, but realized someone will take offense, and say they check pedigree index in their daily handicapping--that's fine. Only time DI is ever mentioned prominently is that one race a year- 1st Saturday in May.
Wasn't Roman's Dosage Index all blown to hell when Mine That Bird, and maybe Giacomo, won the KD? I stopped paying attn to that long ago, hasnt hurt me a bit.
Looks like ZULU won fairly easily....I'll keep an eye out for him.
good luck
thanks for posting
-NCG
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2015, 08:10 AM   #4
sbcaris

pedigree and handicapping prosperity

Your question: Has pedigree any value in picking winners? Absolutely.

Using a pedigree angle on Buckpasser in the X passing position allowed me to hit my biggest score of my life: The 2014 Belmont Stakes exacta, trifecta and superfectas were basically horses that carried Buckpasser in the X and raced fast final fractions in a stake race. I collected over $4,500 in that race.

Interestingly, in that race the winner, Tonalist, the place horse, Commissioner, the, fourth place dead heat finishers-California Chrome and Wicked Strong all carried Buckpasser in the X passing position and raced fast final fractions in stake races. There were only 6 in the race that qualified on that angle and 4 of them were in the superfecta.

I recommended a trifecta key and superfecta key of Tonalist with 8 horses to all my customers at American Turf Monthly that year.

In fact horses with Buckpasser in the X who have fast final fractions in stake races win more than two times their share of Derbies , Preaknesses and Belmonts over the last 25 years.

If interested about the above data, contact American Turf Monthly for my book Analyzing The Triple Crown. 1-800-645-2240

Stan Caris
Old 01-16-2016, 12:25 PM   #5
sbcaris

zulu

Zulu who I mentioned a few weeks ago, came back and won an Allowance race at GP at 7 furlongs very impressively. All systems are a looking good for this horse who is an RF to a superior mare and has Buckpasser in the X by way of his second damsire, Summer Squall, who won the Preakness.