Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-05-2012, 11:25 PM   #31
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame
This could be a sweeping change throughout the nation. Public Unions will have to start paying their "fair share" now!
I hope you're right. If not in 2012, in 2014 / 2016....but I'd sure be onboard with 2012. Would be nice to get momentum from this election tonight.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2012, 11:28 PM   #32
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Tom Barrett is receiving Boo's and heckling from his own supporters in his concession speech. Rough crowd
This usually happens to those thrown under Obama's bus
Old 06-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #33
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
WI isn't PA, MI, or Ohio. Just my personal opinion, but I think it's GOVERNOR SCOTT WALKER, with the help of competent leaders like Paul Ryan, that made this possible. I don't believe MI, PA, OH have leadership like WI has at the moment.
You're kidding right?

Our Governor has created a flat business tax, cut spending 5%, created jobs, and cut state pensioner's benefits.

He is currently facing recall threats and could very likely be the selection as the VP for the Romney camp.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2012, 12:35 AM   #34
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame
Report: 119% Voter Turnout in Madison, WI

A Madison City Clerk has told a Wisconsin radio host that turnout for the area is expected at over 100%, up to 119%. What makes it all the more interesting is that this story comes from a far-left site.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ent-in-madison

WAIT!!!! 119% LMAO..........oh you've got to love those libs........I am sure they got the dead turn out as well....lol
Did you read the explanation? The % is based on the number of voters registered as of election day. Wisconsin allows registration on election day. Let's say that 100 people were registered as of the opening of polling places. Then all of those people vote plus 19 who registered during the day; or 80 previously registered voters vote plus 39 newly registered; or any combination of those numbers. Now why they don't calculate the % based on the total registered at the end of the day, I don't know.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #35
bigmack

Well, after a series of "We'll see, come June 5th" you have you answer.

What say you now, Mr. Most? Mr. Post?

(cue drum roll)
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2012, 12:44 AM   #36
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmack
Well, after a series of "We'll see, come June 5th" you have you answer.

What say you now, Mr. Most? Mr. Post?

(cue drum roll)
We were outspent 7-1, wwwaaaaaawaaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg soonercry.jpg (6.6 KB, 74 views)
Old 06-06-2012, 12:45 AM   #37
BlueShoe

This election should never have happened. In the brief span of just 17 months in office, Walker has done a superb job in turning his state around. His reward for doing this is having to fend off an effort by the communist unions to remove him from office. Even in liberal Wisconsin a majority of it's citizens saw through the union sham. Did not view one minute of MSNBC, but perhaps I should have. According to comments on another site, the goons over there were sputtering and conjuring up all kinds of excuses for Walker's victory. Was said that Schultz was in an absolute tizzy, now that would have been worth a look.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2012, 12:59 AM   #38
ElKabong

Shultzy was very "down" and subdued on the late program. Stark contrast to the giddyness he and Grandholm (current tv) and others portrayed in the early shows before the polls closed

Their logic was, since there was a large voter turnout that meant Dems would rake in most of the votes, being a blue state. Reverse was true as we found out.

Must really suck for mosty and hcap and their like....Astro Turfers from Chicago and IL flooding WI in droves for months......all for nothing. The populace of a Blue State rejected the union agenda with vengeance. Where do they (union goons) go from here? Not far, that's for sure
Old 06-06-2012, 12:59 AM   #39
mostpost

Now to the results in Wisconsin. If you think I am bitter, I am. There is another thread in this forum that talks about the evolution from unfettered capitalism to corporatism to fascism. I am convinced that we are headed that way. That may not be the intention of the people who are voting against unions and for corporations. It may not even be the intention of the politicians who are taking corporate money for their campaigns and supporting laws favored by those corporations.

I'm not talking about small businesses or even medium sized corporations. I'm talking about the big, multinational corporations and financial institutions. The ones that have no loyalty to this country, but only to the bottom line. These entities are gaining ever increasing power and anyone who can not see this is a fool. There will come a time when you will all say, "My God, what have I done?" And it will be too late.

I am astounded by how many people vote against their own interest. I am amazed by the people on this forum who argue against policies that would benefit them. Strong unions meant more safety, better working conditions and higher salaries. Weaker unions mean rollbacks in wages and benefits. Private companies running healthcare as a virtual monopoly means runaway costs. Healthcare reform would slow down those costs-or stop them. Low taxes mean reduced revenues and increasing debt. Higher taxes mean you can pay for needed services and lower the debt.

But the right operates on the theory that if you are rich you are good and if you are poor you are bad. So they vote for the powerful and against themselves because they know they are good and the know rich is good.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:04 AM   #40
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost

I'm not talking about small businesses or even medium sized corporations. I'm talking about the big, multinational corporations and financial institutions.
You mean the ones that employ tens, or hundreds of thousands of employees?

OK.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:06 AM   #41
ElKabong

Quote:

These entities are gaining ever increasing power and anyone who can not see this is a fool. There will come a time when you will all say, "My God, what have I done?" And it will be too late.
Actually, when you replace the word "corporations" with unions", your comment is pretty much true. Tonight was time (as you say). "My God, what have we done? Vote that shit down, NOW"

Last edited by ElKabong; 06-06-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #42
ElKabong

Quote:

Private companies running healthcare as a virtual monopoly means runaway costs.
You mean, like the way they paid for Obamacare to get passed? A monopoly?

Your boy Barak is in bed with BigPharma, and you posted the above!

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...law-memos-show

Drugmakers Vowed to Campaign for Health Law, Memos Show

Drugmakers led by Pfizer (PFE) (PFE) Inc. agreed to run a “very significant public campaign” bankrolling political support for the 2010 health-care law, including TV ads, while the Obama administration promised to block provisions opposed by drugmakers, documents released by Republicans show.

The internal memos and e-mails for the first time unveil the industry's plan to finance positive TV ads and supportive groups, along with providing $80 billion in discounts and taxes that were included in the law. The administration has previously denied the existence of a deal involving political support.

snip
Old 06-06-2012, 01:14 AM   #43
mostpost

As to the election itself, I began to worry when I heard Tom Barrett on one of the MSNBC shows. The host was asking Barrett to comment on some of the Walker policies for which Walker was being criticized. Barrett acted like a rabbit hiding from the hounds. He hemmed and hawed and never took the offensive.

Then tonight when he was giving his concession he took about compromise and working together. The first two pigs tried to compromise with the wolf and look what happened to them. Chamberlain tried to appease Hitler. How did that turn out? It's time for Democrats to grow a pair. No compromise. Oppose everything the Republicans propose. While we still have a majority in the Senate change the rules to require only a majority to pass legislation. Make it so you have to actually physically filbuster, not just say you are going to filibuster. Never, never let the Republicans get away with a lie. Challenge them immediately. We need more Democrats like Alan Greyson and less like Harry Reid.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:18 AM   #44
bigmack

Quote:
But the right operates on the theory that if you are rich you are good and if you are poor you are bad. So they vote for the powerful and against themselves because they know they are good and the know rich is good.
Christ, man, are you actually saying you're as lost as DumbEd? I mean, you at least bring a more honest debate than he, so I thought maybe even YOU wouldn't buy his drivel.

What you're saying is that you do drink his Koolaid. That, my man, is a real shame, 'cause you're being lied to. Become an independent and stop this idiocy you shamelessly defend.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2012, 01:20 AM   #45
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
You mean the ones that employ tens, or hundreds of thousands of employees?

OK.
It doesn't matter how many they employ if the don't pay any of them a living wage. And that is the way we are headed.