Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-05-2020, 04:33 PM   #31
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
It's all in good fun. Tucker6 is okay in my book. As for his political leanings...no one is perfect.
Isn't that what I more or less said?
Old 12-05-2020, 04:41 PM   #32
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
Maybe tag a in there? I guess what bothered me slightly was that there seemed to be a good discussion going about lockdowns, CDC, etc., and then you came in with that. My perception is that some people, including even perhaps you, have been annoyed at recent conversations that became rude. You weren't rude, but the comment seemed beneath you.

Don't forget that I overall had positive things to say about you!
It's okay Kingfin. I don't always hit the mark, nor do I always keep the threads between the goalposts. Kamala is fair game to me just like Joe Biden and Donald Trump and Mike Pence.

My views on broad, generic lockdowns is that they do not and will never work except to destroy our economy. I have been an advocate on targeted lockdowns for at risk individuals since the beginning. I have yet to see, on here or anywhere else for that matter, a cogent reason why we are not doing targeted lockdowns. As an analytical person, when smart people choose incorrectly en masse, then something else is at play. Usually money and/or power. I am willing to be convinced that closing off the weak and leaving everyone else alone is wrongheaded but no one seems to have an argument against it.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2020, 06:07 PM   #33
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
In my opinion, he has been the most honest of ANY of the MSM broadcasters. Despite suffering advertising losses (because of snowflakes on the left who want to see him banned), he continues to call it like he sees it.

So yeah, in terms of MSM broadcasters, he does walk on water.
He is not as credible MSM source.

You call him a "goat" He is more like a worm
Old 12-05-2020, 06:51 PM   #34
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
He is not as credible MSM source.
Much more so than anyone on your leftist networks. He's made just a few mistakes in the years I've watched, none that were intentional, something unheard of with your scumbag group of bullshitters.
You're one to be judging who's credible in this world anyway. In the years I've been here you rank close to the bottom, if not right on it.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2020, 04:03 AM   #35
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Much more so than anyone on your leftist networks. He's made just a few mistakes in the years I've watched, none that were intentional, something unheard of with your scumbag group of bullshitters.
You're one to be judging who's credible in this world anyway. In the years I've been here you rank close to the bottom, if not right on it.
Snap out of your pathetic right wing bias. You are living in a dream world. The 4th estate has long held a reputation for credibility until Fox news. Journalism was a respected profession until Sara Palin told you alt righties not to trust the "lamestream media"

And until Tucker

You Literally Can't Believe The Facts Tucker Carlson Tells You. So Say Fox's Lawyers
https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/91774...ay-fox-s-lawye
Old 12-06-2020, 07:42 AM   #36
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Journalism was a respected profession until Sara Palin told you alt righties not to trust the "lamestream media"
That's a pretty funny way to start the day.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2020, 09:45 AM   #37
davew

respected profession spreading propaganda?

https://www.projectveritas.com/news/...mp-is-the-one/
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2020, 09:49 AM   #38
tucker6

Quote:
Snap out of your pathetic right wing bias. You are living in a dream world. The 4th estate has long held a reputation for credibility until Fox news. Journalism was a respected profession until Sara Palin told you alt righties not to trust the "lamestream media"
Dan Rather and 2004 say hello.
Old 12-06-2020, 09:54 AM   #39
tucker6

Can anyone answer this? I'd really like to know what others think because the current logic makes no sense.

"My views on broad, generic lockdowns is that they do not and will never work except to destroy our economy. I have been an advocate on targeted lockdowns for at risk individuals since the beginning. I have yet to see, on here or anywhere else for that matter, a cogent reason why we are not doing targeted lockdowns. As an analytical person, when smart people choose incorrectly en masse, then something else is at play. Usually money and/or power. I am willing to be convinced that closing off the weak and leaving everyone else alone is wrongheaded but no one seems to have an argument against it."
Old 12-06-2020, 12:01 PM   #40
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2020, 12:26 PM   #41
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It's almost 2021. Why, in the 21st century, would the CDC be even SLIGHTLY confused about the efficacy of wearing a mask to prevent the spread of ANY virus??

IS ANYONE LISTENING? I mean....THINK! You keep saying LISTEN TO THE SCIENCE. And yet, SCIENCE, in the year 2020, can't even decide whether or not people should wear masks.

I wear a mask in stores and whenever I am around anyone outside of the people who live in my house.
It's like TSA at the airport. It makes you feel like somebody is doing something to keep us safer, even if it is mostly a charade. The local Sprout's requires a mask and has people at the door enforcing the policy. It isn't really a bother to wear a mask. And even if it is doing nothing to protect us, it isn't doing anything to hurt us.

You are smart to wear the mask.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2020, 12:40 PM   #42
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
You are smart to wear the mask.
Gee...thanks...

Let me guess...you're a little surprised I even wear one at all...

Some of you (not necessarily YOU...this goes out to everyone) have a very warped sense of reality when it comes to people like me.
Old 12-06-2020, 01:03 PM   #43
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
That's a pretty funny way to start the day.
Faux Noos is a barrel of laughs for real journalism.
Sara Palin got that barrel rolling down hill until Donald jumped on board.

The hand of history writes on and will erase them both.
Old 12-06-2020, 01:06 PM   #44
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Dan Rather and 2004 say hello.
Who do you think won more professional awards? Carlson or Rather?
Old 12-06-2020, 01:08 PM   #45
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Can anyone answer this? I'd really like to know what others think because the current logic makes no sense.

"My views on broad, generic lockdowns is that they do not and will never work except to destroy our economy. I have been an advocate on targeted lockdowns for at risk individuals since the beginning. I have yet to see, on here or anywhere else for that matter, a cogent reason why we are not doing targeted lockdowns. As an analytical person, when smart people choose incorrectly en masse, then something else is at play. Usually money and/or power. I am willing to be convinced that closing off the weak and leaving everyone else alone is wrongheaded but no one seems to have an argument against it."
Is this your view or someone else?