Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-10-2020, 07:00 PM   #61
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Where we seem to part ways is not on the theoretical but on the current realty.

I think there are way more fools protecting (but ultimately promoting) foolish life choices now than a few decades ago when I was a kid growing up.

I see the culture as improving in some ways, but having deteriorated badly in others. I think that's what the Bishop was talking about. He's a religious man, so he presents it as battle between "good" vs "evil". I think of it more as smart vs. dumb. In some ways we are dumber.
Yes...in some ways we are dumber. And if our forefathers were afforded the options that have been granted to us...who's to say that they wouldn't be dumber too?
Old 06-10-2020, 07:02 PM   #62
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I don't approve when the constitution is "amended" in ways which hurt the people that it's supposed to serve and protect.
Example of a bad amendment?
Old 06-10-2020, 07:25 PM   #63
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Example of a bad amendment?
See my post #54
Old 06-10-2020, 07:54 PM   #64
AndyC

Quote:
I don't approve when the constitution is "amended" in ways which hurt the people that it's supposed to serve and protect.
I wouldn't approve of that either. What amendment has hurt people?
Old 06-10-2020, 08:02 PM   #65
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
You've ignored all of the questions that I asked you in post #54...and now you are asking me questions of your own? Do me a favor, Andy...and go pick on someone else.
Old 06-11-2020, 09:45 AM   #66
boxcar

Quote:
See my post #54
That's a non answer. It seems to me the Constitution is fine; it's the elite, powerful scofflaws who disobey it who aren't so good.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:15 AM   #67
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Joe Biden says all of them.
Dems HATE the constitution because it limits the power of the government, and THEY are for ALL-powerful government with no governors on it.

(Not Gus - just an observations about the party of submission)
Old 06-11-2020, 12:44 PM   #68
AndyC

Quote:
You've ignored all of the questions that I asked you in post #54...and now you are asking me questions of your own? Do me a favor, Andy...and go pick on someone else.
Same tactic you always use. You never answer a direct question and you certainly didn't answer mine in post #54. You put out provocative posts yet refuse to have a conversation about them.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:48 PM   #69
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The Archbishop is woke.
(General not Personal): Did we really need another work to describe what we already know how to describe?
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-11-2020, 02:58 PM   #70
thaskalos

Quote:
Same tactic you always use. You never answer a direct question and you certainly didn't answer mine in post #54. You put out provocative posts yet refuse to have a conversation about them.
Okay, let me explain it a little better for you.

This conversation here was never about the "constitution", until you pointed it that way. Classhandicapper and I were talking about good and bad life choices...and before that there was talk about the separation between politics and religion. When Classhandicapper referred to the "wise people", who many many years ago observed the world around them and created certain beneficial rules of conduct...he wasn't talking about our forefathers and the constitution. How do I know that? Because in post #47, Classhandicapper says, " fast forward thousands of years, and we think that we are now smarter than these guys". Do you see that, Andy? Classhandicapper was talking about the wise people of ancient times, not about our forefathers and the constitution. And when I asked "who cares what the wise people of old had to say?"...I was talking about the same ancient wise men...without demeaning the constitution in any way. But you jump in, and immediately accuse me of "not approving of the constitution"...even though the constitution never came up in my conversation with Classhandicapper.

When you ask me a loaded question that has nothing to do with what was being talked about before...what sort of "conversation" do you want me to have with you? Who is making the provocative comments...me or you?
Old 06-11-2020, 03:36 PM   #71
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
That's a non answer. It seems to me the Constitution is fine; it's the elite, powerful scofflaws who disobey it who aren't so good.
Again...I never said that the constitution wasn't fine. And when I said that it had been amended in a negative way, I put the word in quotation marks to indicate a slightly different meaning of the word. The constitution, in its original form, gives certain rights to the people that they no longer have...and imposes certain constraints to governmental power which no longer are in effect. The constitution promotes a government "of the people, by the people and for the people"...and gives to citizens the right to arm themselves and forcefully overthrow any government that doesn't abide by this directive. This right has been taken away from the citizens today. The constitution also warns against the government's support of the "special interest groups" which have financially enslaved the American citizen today. Banking, taxation and money supply practices today are in direct violation of what our forefathers had in mind when they crafted the constitution...and I trust that we are all aware of that.

Those are the injustices that I rail against...not the "constitution".
Old 10-31-2020, 04:02 PM   #72
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

He's written another letter...

https://bardsofwarfilm.com/open-letter/
Old 10-31-2020, 05:08 PM   #73
boxcar

Quote:

Pretty much spot-on. Europe is already in phase two of the plandemic.
Old 10-31-2020, 05:12 PM   #74
hcap

Quote:

Does the Archbishop write for "Q"anon?

Sounds like boxcar on steroids, and a a group erffort by of PA off topic Bill Gates haters
Old 10-31-2020, 05:31 PM   #75
ultracapper

Quote:
The constitution has been changed enough even without my help. Have you read the constitution? Have you seen where it says that the people have the "Right" to overthrow a government that doesn't serve the people? Have you seen where the constitution trumpets the notion that the government's power should be restricted so that it doesn't end up selling out and financially enslaving the populace? Have you seen where our forefathers revolted against "taxation without representation"? Do our more recent governments abide by these constitutional directives? Can the people still overthrow a non-serving government? Is our government "of the people, by the people, and for the people"...or does it serve only itself and the "special interests"? Are the citizens currently being taxed without being represented?

When you talk about the "constitution"...which "constitution" are you talking about?
No. FDR signed an executive directive in 1940 that outlawed revolting to overthrow the US government. It's against the law, whether openly or clandestinely, to attempt to overthrow the elected government of the USA.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply