Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-08-2017, 08:11 AM   #31
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
Notes:
Glennrichment - RAN sire line, Buckpasser-x. Massive step up in class coming off maiden score. Modest improvement in figures could yield yield a board hit if others falter.
Mo Town - Hit the distance on the surface in Remsen. A repeat of that performance would easily put him in contention for the win. Bill and Coo in tail female, the same tail of Secretariat. Nothing wrong with JC piloting.
Battalion Runner - RAN top line, Buckpasser-x. Dosage profile including two professional points suggests distance is no problem. Pletcher factor alone will make this one over-bet. When I was comparing him to Always Dreaming I thought BR looked better on paper. Will need to pick up the middle pace to avoid being too far back. Had same concerns with Dreaming which ended up being non-factor. JV a winning pilot.
Bonus Points - Another Pletcher. This one has some fancy inbreeding including Buckpasser and also contains Buckpasser-x. Has not yet shown he can keep up with stronger competition but not humiliated either. These 3 year olds can sometimes pop suddenly but this would be a big pop. Hitting bottom of super would not be a shock.
True Timber - Another Buckpasser-x. Lots of those this year. This one lost ground his last two at shorter distances so I cannot expect him to suddenly gain it. A repeat of Withers run makes a mild threat to hit the board if it's a speed favoring day.
Stretches Stone - I usually think sprinter when I see City Zip in the sire line. This is further supported by the 7.00 DI. I simply cannot use at 9F. Perhaps a repeat of last out could hold for bottom of super but I doubt it with this class.
Cloud Computing - RAN plus Buckpasser-x. Gets a better pilot this time. Gotham repeat very much puts him in contention for the win.
Irish War Cry - RAN plus Buckpasser-x (sound familar yet?). If you're willing to draw a line through the FOY which reminded me of Frosted practically stopping then a possible wire job at reasonable odds.

Tough race to wager. I'll certainly use the & on top of whatever I play.

I LOVE the 7 but to me it's a NEGATIVE rider switch.

Franco is more talented than Irad 7 days a week. It took awhile but he passed him.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2017, 02:45 PM   #32
jocko699
Resurrectionist

#2 Mo Town is my play. GL all.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2017, 04:24 PM   #33
Ruffian1

I like Motown.
Ruffian1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2017, 06:05 PM   #34
Run Nicholas Run
Veteran

no derby winner out of the wood, IWC will bounce next time.
Run Nicholas Run is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2017, 06:30 PM   #35
JustRalph
Just another Facist

That 6F fraction was awful slow?

Almost 1:12?
Old 04-08-2017, 07:12 PM   #36
Robert Fischer
clean money

Big race from the top two.

Irish War Cry is certainly a Derby win-contender.

Battalion Runner proved to be yet another top 3yo for Pletcher.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:00 PM   #37
f2tornado

I am not impressed with the approximate 39 second final 3/8th. I have some Future wagers on the horse but don't plan on adding on the top side.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-08-2017, 09:16 PM   #38
boys at tosconova

so we have the war cry and the runner heading to the derby

both of them will attract money as well as pretty solid reasons why they'll compete.

you know what's going to happen. if the last 14 years mean anything for a first or 2nd place finish.

hahaha

boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2017, 11:35 AM   #39
PowerUpPaynter

Battalion Runner was blowing HARD after the race I was standing 15 feet from him and he was so damn winded even 10 mins after the race was over. There is no way they are sending him to the derby.

Irish War Cry is a legit contender. Tracked played slow all day and the beyer will come back over 100. Most of the Wood's crap outs in the derby have been because the fields have just sucked or the horses who won got hurt. However It was by far the best of the 3 races yesterday. Ignore Irish War Cry at your own peril. I will sit hear and 100% guarantee you he will land in the super somewhere for the derby. Cloud Computing will outrun his odds as well. One of the better Woods in quite some time.

side note, and wrong thread but: Worst Santa Anita Derby this century?

Last edited by PowerUpPaynter; 04-09-2017 at 11:37 AM.
PowerUpPaynter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2017, 11:40 AM   #40
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Who is this Battalion horse? I wouldn't bet him with your money...anyhoo...this looks like a chalk fest to me...

My line:

Cloud Computing 8/5
Irish War Cry 2/1
Crap, I forgot about this one...another winner...

I can even win with short prices too...damn I'm getting cocky...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply