Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-07-2017, 08:02 AM   #1
Thomas Roulston

Can You Get TVG On Roku Ultra?

Just saw this techie review the Roku Ultra on WPIX Channel 11, and how it provides access to like 35,000 channels.

Would one of them be TVG by any chance?

Also, Optimum says it offers this channel named "NYC OTB." It even shows the same logo as that dear departed corporation.
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-07-2017, 08:06 AM   #2
lamboguy

i have a ROKU box and don't get it. but i have no idea why TVG doesn't make it on there.

they do have their own website where you can stream the live show though both TVG and TVG2
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-07-2017, 08:13 AM   #3
Thomas Roulston

Thanks. You just saved me 130 bucks.
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-07-2017, 12:09 PM   #4
Dmcwally

On roku you can stream xbtv on the livestream app , nyra and rtn if you have a subscription. The new nyra now app is now on android and iOS app stores.

And here's a article I just read bout nyra now. Already launched with Chromecast capability, NYRA Now will be available through Roku, Amazon Fire,Apple TV and Android TV in April, followed by Xbox One and PS4 later this spring.

But yea tvg needs to get there act together but everyone here knows that. you can stream there channels free in hd on there site but it's more a pain in the neck on how to watch it on your television. I just plug my laptop up to the tv. But still the lag. Sometimes the stream freezes. TVG needs to get with the times. At least give us the channels on cable and in hd.
Dmcwally is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2017, 11:37 AM   #5
toddbowker
Todd Bowker

Spectrum started carrying them here in Tampa when they took over for Brighthouse. I have been watching TVG through the Spectrum Roku channel.

It's a great platform, and as others have mentioned, you can also get RTN on Roku if you have their online/mobile subscription.
toddbowker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2017, 12:50 PM   #6
JimG

TVG is on directv now (cordcutting, streaming app) but there is not yet an app for it on the roku. DTVN is on the firetv and appletv. Roku coming soon, supposedly but the cost for that channel package is $60 per month. I wrote RTN and suggested that TVG, TVG2, XBTV, and the Churchill owned tracks should be added to their app. They are supposedly working on it.

Jim
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2017, 12:53 PM   #7
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddbowker View Post
Spectrum started carrying them here in Tampa when they took over for Brighthouse. I have been watching TVG through the Spectrum Roku channel.

It's a great platform, and as others have mentioned, you can also get RTN on Roku if you have their online/mobile subscription.
How is the Spectrum Roku channel? I used to live in that part of the country and wish I still did.

Jim
Old 04-11-2017, 05:45 PM   #8
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG View Post
How is the Spectrum Roku channel? I used to live in that part of the country and wish I still did.

Jim
i see it on my ROKU. you pay $30 a month and get television and internet
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-11-2017, 07:24 PM   #9
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i see it on my ROKU. you pay $30 a month and get television and internet
I am sure it is only available for those currently in the spectrum ecosystem. Not nationwide.
Old 04-13-2017, 11:50 AM   #10
toddbowker
Todd Bowker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG View Post

Jim
I love it. While I still have a cable box on my main TV, for the guest room and my office I use it so I don't have to pay the extra box fees on TV's that don't get much use.

Brighthouse's app that worked on mobile devices wouldn't work on any IP TV platform, so I was happy to see that Spectrum fixed that.

The only downside is not being able to enter a channel number to change channels, so you have to scroll through the menu.
toddbowker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply