Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 52 votes, 4.87 average.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:24 PM   #1111
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Ultra way to bust a thread....
I'll take the blame Grits, my bad....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-22-2015, 10:54 PM   #1112
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits
Ultra way to bust a thread....
A steaming tea kettle has to release sooner or later.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2015, 09:58 PM   #1113
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I saw a chart that gave the typical winning figure for various classes somewhere, and I can't remember where - the TFUS Blog, the TVG Blog?
I had copied it, but the file was lost when a thumb drive failed.

Anyone remember that or where you saw it?
Old 04-07-2015, 10:20 AM   #1114
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
I saw a chart that gave the typical winning figure for various classes somewhere, and I can't remember where - the TFUS Blog, the TVG Blog?
I had copied it, but the file was lost when a thumb drive failed.

Anyone remember that or where you saw it?
I'll try to find it, think it was in the blog.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-07-2015, 10:53 AM   #1115
Grits

Tom, this is the only one I could find.. late last night after the game. This one has to do with surface and distance. Scroll to bottom of blog.

https://www.tvg.com/blog/2014/02/18/...g-milkowski-5/

I went all the way back to Dec. 2014 through the TFUS' twitter page. I may have missed it but I didn't see it.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-07-2015, 11:09 AM   #1116
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

That's it!

Thanks Grits, CJ.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:06 PM   #1117
Bennie

Negative pace race?

Question for CJ, Grits or any of the original pacefigures members.
Carpe Diem's race got a TFUS final pace figure of 102 and Carpe Diem got a 104. Is this considered running a negative pace race? 102/104
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-07-2015, 06:11 PM   #1118
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennie
Question for CJ, Grits or any of the original pacefigures members.
Carpe Diem's race got a TFUS final pace figure of 102 and Carpe Diem got a 104. Is this considered running a negative pace race? 102/104
No, that is the opposite actually.

Negative pace race (this is from the old PaceFigures for those wondering) is a horse that runs lower pace figures than speed figures.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:08 PM   #1119
Bennie

CJ - Only going by the Derby Trail charts you listed for us, would it be negative pace for Frosted race? Final race TFUS 107 - Frosted 105. Or can I not figure based on just these numbers?
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-07-2015, 11:02 PM   #1120
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennie
CJ - Only going by the Derby Trail charts you listed for us, would it be negative pace for Frosted race? Final race TFUS 107 - Frosted 105. Or can I not figure based on just these numbers?
It was, yes, but you need to look at the race pace/speed figures to see it.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:45 AM   #1121
pandy

The biggest problem with Timeform is that you can't download and save the files. Using PA BETS you can only open the files. This morning they are doing maintenance so the files I purchased yesterday for Sunday's races are not accessible. And I don't need them later, so basically I paid for something for nothing. If they were downloadable, I would have downloaded the tracks I needed yesterday and saved them. I only like the quick sheet (condensed pps), with CJ's figures, a very good feature. But I still can't read the pps well with those colors. Any pp format that doesn't look like Daily Racing Form's just doesn't look good to me.

They just came up, 7:50 a.m. eastern time. Still wish they could be saved.

Last edited by pandy; 04-19-2015 at 07:52 AM.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2015, 07:59 AM   #1122
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
The biggest problem with Timeform is that you can't download and save the files. Using PA BETS you can only open the files. This morning they are doing maintenance so the files I purchased yesterday for Sunday's races are not accessible. And I don't need them later, so basically I paid for something for nothing. If they were downloadable, I would have downloaded the tracks I needed yesterday and saved them. I only like the quick sheet (condensed pps), with CJ's figures, a very good feature. But I still can't read the pps well with those colors. Any pp format that doesn't look like Daily Racing Form's just doesn't look good to me.

They just came up, 7:50 a.m. eastern time. Still wish they could be saved.
I too, can't get used to the colorful past performance layout, one of the things keeping me from subscribing. But the Pace Projector page showing the horses' run style and figures is a revelation. So easy to picture the races using those figures. Too bad they didn't have special pricing for just that page. Something to consider?
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2015, 08:02 AM   #1123
Grits

You're mistaken, Pandy. The condensed pace figures, along with the entire cards are downloadable (and printable) in advance by clicking on the appropriate icon in the "fast pps". Too, the pace figures pp report is printable if you prefer only it. Go to the thread, here, Timeform Tips, maybe page two or three, its there, step by step. Hope it helps.

As Cj noted one doesn't have access to "notes" as while connected to TFUS, but not everyone prefers that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
The biggest problem with Timeform is that you can't download and save the files. Using PA BETS you can only open the files. This morning they are doing maintenance so the files I purchased yesterday for Sunday's races are not accessible. And I don't need them later, so basically I paid for something for nothing. If they were downloadable, I would have downloaded the tracks I needed yesterday and saved them. I only like the quick sheet, with CJ's figures, a very good feature. But I still can't read the pps well with those colors. Any pp format that doesn't look like Daily Racing Form's just doesn't look good to me.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-19-2015, 08:15 AM   #1124
pandy

Yes, you're right, I do save the condensed pps. I guess I have to save them as soon as I get in so they are available during their maintenance. I didn't think you can save the regular pps. All I see is print.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:19 AM   #1125
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521
I too, can't get used to the colorful past performance layout, one of the things keeping me from subscribing. But the Pace Projector page showing the horses' run style and figures is a revelation. So easy to picture the races using those figures. Too bad they didn't have special pricing for just that page. Something to consider?
The biggest problem, actually, is the fact that you can only view one horse at a time. With all of the other pps that are available I can view several horses at once or scroll down to see other horses. I can't get used to viewing one horse at a time because I can't get a feel for position or pace. They should simply offer a traditional pp format as an option.

Tags
quick, timeform adjustment