Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-09-2018, 11:53 PM   #1
woodbinepmi

Caught a criminal tonight

Was sitting in a restaurant tonight watching replays of races and having a hamburger, when all of a sudden a woman walked by me grabbed a ladies purse that was on her chair, the lady saw her do it and screamed at the lady. The husband and I started chasing her, she had a get away driver waiting outside for her but we caught her before she could get away and wouldn't let her leave. Of course she became violent at that moment, I reached in the passenger seat and grabbed the driver's purse from the car to make sure they weren't going anywhere. The driver got out to come around to get at me, then someone reached in and took the keys out of the ignition. The police showed up about 10 minutes later, turns out these two FINE individuals were wanted for armed robbery! See what you get into at $5 hamburger night at The Londoner in Baton Rouge!
Old 10-09-2018, 11:58 PM   #2
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbinepmi View Post
Was sitting in a restaurant tonight watching replays of races and having a hamburger, when all of a sudden a woman walked by me grabbed a ladies purse that was on her chair, the lady saw her do it and screamed at the lady. The husband and I started chasing her, she had a get away driver waiting outside for her but we caught her before she could get away and wouldn't let her leave. Of course she became violent at that moment, I reached in the passenger seat and grabbed the driver's purse from the car to make sure they weren't going anywhere. The driver got out to come around to get at me, then someone reached in and took the keys out of the ignition. The police showed up about 10 minutes later, turns out these two FINE individuals were wanted for armed robbery! See what you get into at $5 hamburger night at The Londoner in Baton Rouge!
Good for you. If everyone got involved like this the world would be a better place.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2018, 12:13 AM   #3
Burls
Veteran

Quote:
Wow! Good show! That's some excitement.
Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2018, 12:42 AM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Glad things worked out for you...could have gone real wrong knowing what you know now about this non-dynamic duo you helped capture...
Old 10-10-2018, 12:43 AM   #5
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
Wow! Good show! That's some excitement.
PA's answer to Dirty Harry!

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2018, 01:35 AM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Good work!
Old 10-10-2018, 01:36 AM   #7
Burls
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Glad things worked out for you...could have gone real wrong knowing what you know now about this non-dynamic duo you helped capture...
I would be afraid someone like that will try to bite me and give me who knows what kind of disease.
Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2018, 08:22 AM   #8
sammy the sage

Quote:
Nice job!
Old 10-10-2018, 09:31 AM   #9
boxcar

Quote:
Kudos to you! You're a brave man and in a real sense a "Good Samaritan" in helping the victim out.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:04 AM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Cool deal, man!
You should be proud.
You just got some karman in your account receivable.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:09 AM   #11
Andy Asaro

Courageous move. Right on!
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2018, 12:50 PM   #12
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
You have to be careful these days. You never know who is packing. No purse is worth getting shot.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2018, 03:56 PM   #13
Nitro

Quote:
Hey there Woody!
See what happens when you watch those late-night Hong Kong replays!
Next thing you know you get caught up being the one person who reacts to another in need.

Good for you my friend! Glad you’re okay! Its something you won’t soon forget.

Believe me I know! Many years ago I was at Penn Station and Madison Sq. Garden in NY walking near a side-walk pavilion and I heard a woman scream for help. I saw this guy running straight toward me with a big pocketbook in his hand. I approached him head-on, grabbed his coat and slammed him into the wall of the adjacent store. I got the pocket book away from him and let him go. But he cursed me out because I tore the sleeve off his coat from the shoulder down. I wasn’t too apprehensive about it because I was also packing a blade (just in case) because you never know what you’ll run into in the city.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2018, 04:04 PM   #14
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
You have to be careful these days. You never know who is packing. No purse is worth getting shot.
You might disagree with that if you saw the leather Louis Vuitton purse Tom carries

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2018, 04:15 PM   #15
Marshall Bennett

Baton Rouge says it all. I wouldn't live there for no amount of money. You're actually quite lucky. The driver could have been someone armed.
Nice ending none the less and good for you.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply