Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-29-2018, 10:56 AM   #1696
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Justices should absolutely be held to a much higher standard.
The ONLY thing that matters is that they respect the constitution above any personal opinions. Can't say that about servel current jokes on the bench.

And, there are checks and balances to the court.
No branch operates independent of the others.

Unless Dingy Harry is in charge of it.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:02 AM   #1697
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

lamboguy,

You say you like President Trump. Well you may not have him much longer as president, due to Flake's defecation on his constituents. I will tell you a consequence of Flake's support for the dem power play.

You see hcap's thread about the suit against the President regarding the Emoluments clause. Do you think it was a coincidence a federal judge allowed the suit to proceed against the President after Kavanaugh's confirmation has been delayed again.

The dems will use this clause to impeach the President. The dems, have proven, they only need to allege someone is guilty, in order to get their way.

Thank you Flake, for allowing the Emoluments lawsuit to go forward by siding with the dem power play.

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 09-29-2018 at 11:05 AM.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 11:07 AM   #1698
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
FTFY
Really? I thought the three branches are co-equal under the Constitution?
Old 09-29-2018, 11:07 AM   #1699
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
FTFY
Where do you come up with this shit? They do not have absolute power. The Court is limited in power just like the legislative branch and the executive branch.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:12 AM   #1700
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Yeah... okay... good luck with that.
You do realize Kavanaugh already has a life-time appointment
Old 09-29-2018, 11:12 AM   #1701
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
You mean you are intentionally going to SPAM this?

THASKALOS?
RED CARD?

Yeah, wasn't Fast red-carded for doing something similar?!!

Many boards have rules in their TOS against cross-posting, and this one does, too:

"You are not allowed to post the same message in multiple forums without permission from the PaceAdvantage.Com Moderator. Direct all such requests via e-mail to the PaceAdvantage.Com Board Administrator (==PA)."

"Spamming", in any form, is strictly forbidden.

Last edited by MargieRose; 09-29-2018 at 11:27 AM.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 11:18 AM   #1702
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Where do you come up with this shit? They do not have absolute power. The Court is limited in power just like the legislative branch and the executive branch.
Check those limits.

Check Marbury vs. Madison and the fact nothing was done to change the power of the court afterward when most those constitutional authors were still alive.

The Supreme Court commonly referred to "the supreme law of the land."

Yeah I'll stand by my framers intent argument.

Or are we playing word games again... fine remove absolute and replace with "supremacy of the judiciary."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
You do realize Kavanaugh already has a life-time appointment
Yup.

Didn't say he should lose it either did I?
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 11:20 AM   #1703
lex

Quote:
You're also not being nominated to one of the most important and irrevocable positions of power in this country.
So this guy is a drunk and they never caught this in a background check? I find that doubtful. They go pretty deep on these things.

I was contacted for someone's background check just because I lived in the same building. I didn't know him and had zero to give. Now if they asked be about the guy right below me I could tell them he is a drunk who I'd bet my NYRA account isn't driving because his license got pulled. Also smokes a ridiculous amount of pot. Can't get his butt out of bed to get to work on time and screams at his mother when she gets sick of waiting outside for him. I know all of this and I've only said hi to him once in almost two years.

Democrats should worry about over playing their hand with people like me. I officially left the party maybe 5 years ago because my locals don't care that I'm wrecking my car on garbage pothole covered streets while they focus on Styrofoam cups. I still voted for some Dems if I liked them. I've always voted all across the board. I declared last week the my Sen Gillabrand can be thanked for my decision to not vote for a democrat again unless someone speaks out against this sort of stuff. So in November I'll probably be writing in a lot of names. Wont hurt anyone in NY but in some states it could be a problem.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 11:22 AM   #1704
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Check those limits.

Check Marbury vs. Madison and the fact nothing was done to change the power of the court afterward when most those constitutional authors were still alive.

The Supreme Court commonly referred to "the supreme law of the land."

Yeah I'll stand by my framers intent argument.

Or are we playing word games again... fine remove absolute and replace with "supremacy of the judiciary."
So does that mean the Supreme Court cannot be limited by Congress or have Congress overturn decisions?

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 09-29-2018 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:29 AM   #1705
elysiantraveller

Quote:
So does that mean it could never happen?
It hasn't even been attempted since the times of Marbury v. Madison...

Could it happen... sure... my response to your comment was...

Good luck with that.

If you want to split the question stay on the same parts of the question.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:32 AM   #1706
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
So this guy is a drunk and they never caught this in a background check? I find that doubtful. They go pretty deep on these things.

I was contacted for someone's background check just because I lived in the same building. I didn't know him and had zero to give. Now if they asked be about the guy right below me I could tell them he is a drunk who I'd bet my NYRA account isn't driving because his license got pulled. Also smokes a ridiculous amount of pot. Can't get his butt out of bed to get to work on time and screams at his mother when she gets sick of waiting outside for him. I know all of this and I've only said hi to him once in almost two years.

Democrats should worry about over playing their hand with people like me. I officially left the party maybe 5 years ago because my locals don't care that I'm wrecking my car on garbage pothole covered streets while they focus on Styrofoam cups. I still voted for some Dems if I liked them. I've always voted all across the board. I declared last week the my Sen Gillabrand can be thanked for my decision to not vote for a democrat again unless someone speaks out against this sort of stuff. So in November I'll probably be writing in a lot of names. Wont hurt anyone in NY but in some states it could be a problem.
What I'm saying is the "we all make mistakes" logic is fine when looking at hiring a new shift manager for your business... or literally any other job in the world.

Except

The Supreme Court.

99.9% of people out there should be disqualified from that job.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:33 AM   #1707
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
I'm just gonna post this on every page so that no one misses it
Originality never was your strong suit. Just cling to the liberal bandwagon for the free ride. Sound familiar?
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 11:35 AM   #1708
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
It hasn't even been attempted since the times of Marbury v. Madison...

Could it happen... sure... my response to your comment was...

Good luck with that.

If you want to split the question stay on the same parts of the question.
You said the Court has absolute power. I said it does not, it is subject to the checks and balances of government. So tell me which is it? The constitution has original jurisdiction in enumerated matters, but does that fact give it absolute power or is it subject to congress, which means it does not have absolute powers.

Give us your opinion.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:38 AM   #1709
hcap

Quote:
lamboguy,

You say you like President Trump. Well you may not have him much longer as president, due to Flake's defecation on his constituents. I will tell you a consequence of Flake's support for the dem power play.

You see hcap's thread about the suit against the President regarding the Emoluments clause. Do you think it was a coincidence a federal judge allowed the suit to proceed against the President after Kavanaugh's confirmation has been delayed again.

The dems will use this clause to impeach the President. The dems, have proven, they only need to allege someone is guilty, in order to get their way.

Thank you Flake, for allowing the Emoluments lawsuit to go forward by siding with the dem power play.
As I said, you are much more despicable than I ever imagined on the R thread.

And totally out of your right wing mind. Chumpy has a litany of misdeeds against him. All of them will end his presidency.

The Emoluments clause lawsuit was brought against him months ago. It was only a matter of time till ruled on whether to proceed.

This is total bull....
Quote:
it was a coincidence a federal judge allowed the suit to proceed against the President after Kavanaugh's confirmation has been delayed again.
Not only despicable but you are a another conspiracy theorist like special k and Lindsey Graham bitching about the left and "Clinton's revenge"

I said let's wait till Dr Ford testifies to judge her creditably after you coldly and stupidly compared her to one of Cosby's victims. As I said boxcarian territory.

You and all the other right wing geniuses lost. Just like every rightie (especially boxcar) was so sure the FBI could not and would not investigate.

Last edited by hcap; 09-29-2018 at 11:47 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-29-2018, 11:44 AM   #1710
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
As I said, you are much more despicable than I ever imagined on the R thread.

And totally out of your right wing mind. Chumpy has a litany of misdeeds against him. All of them will end his presidency.

The Emoluments clause lawsuit was brought against him months ago. It was only a matter of time till ruled on.This is total bull.Not only despicable but another conspiracy theorist like special k and Lindsey Graham bitching about the left and "Clinton's revenge"

I said let's wait till Dr Ford testifies to judge her creditably after you coldly and stupidly compared her to one of Cosby's victims. As I said boxcarian territory.

You and all the other right wing geniuses lost. Just like every rightie (especially boxcar) was so sure the FBI could not and would not investigate.
And she testified exactly as I predicted. Her legal team refused to give the therapists notes to the committee and refused to give the underlying documents for the lie detector test.

She even said I am sorry I can't remember the details. I was spot on.