Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-03-2024, 05:10 PM   #151
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
We have another "bible scholar" here.

No, friend...Jesus said a lot more than you state here. He also said that "when you feed and clothe the unfortunates of the world...you are also feeding and clothing me". And that, "when you refuse to feed and clothe the unfortunates of the world, you are also rejecting me".

And, "reasonable gun control" means background checks and gun safety training for all gun buyers...something that the NRA and the republicans have been consistently against. Guns shouldn't be openly sold in private sales the way secondhand goods are sold in flea markets.
Seems you are the "bible scholar". So how long are we supposed to feed and clothe the "unfortunates"? And who determines who is an unfortunate and why they are an unfortunate? Also, most studies I've seen show that conservatives give more to charity than libs. Libs of course like to give away other people's money.

You're not unreasonable about gun control. Believe it or not, I think some people should not be allowed to own a gun and background checks are a good thing. But up until last September, FFL's in NYS accessed the NICS database when a firearm was sold and the system worked well. The state police have taken over and what used to take 15 minutes, now takes several hours or could take days to do the same thing. $7.50 is added on to a box of ammo, $9 for a firearm. Totally unnecessary and it only makes it tougher for law abiding gun owners, by design.

The NRA is all about gun safety and training. NRA trained instructors are the gold standard and it would be good to see more safety training. Guns programs in Scouting are sponsored by the NRA. High schools used to have after school gun clubs where teenagers were properly trained to use and respect firearms, but now thanks to the liberal climate, these programs have been eliminated. I believe in gun safety training but the way it has been implemented in NYS is meant to create hurdles and add heavy costs.
Old 04-03-2024, 05:12 PM   #152
woodtoo

TPTB say he is a devout Catholic who goes to church every Sunday......Bullshit!!!!

He goes to black churches to beg for money and votes. Nothing more.
Old 04-03-2024, 05:14 PM   #153
jimmyb

Quote:
During the Reagan administration, our country became an illegal drug dealer in order for us to fund a war that we had no business in. Under G.W. Bush...we killed a million Iraqis under false pretenses. And you are telling me that only the Democrats "champion violence"? And these were REAL acts of war...not the exaggerations that you list above. "Declaring war on white America"...that's a laughable accusation. I am a "white American"...but I somehow have failed to realize that I am "under attack" by the Democrats.
I never said only democrats love violence. I just responded to you saying it was a republican thing. I have been a critic of GW and his wmds and Reagan and said so here. You want to go back in history abit, how about Johnson escalating a Trumped up war in Viet Nam? Johnson was a democrat.

And when Biden says white supremacy is an extesential threat to the United States, then yes, it is a declaration of war against whites. He is promoting race based hate. And that is civil war type talk, and that is straight from the mouth of the ceo of our country, a democrat.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2024, 05:23 PM   #154
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

No gun ever went to Hell for killing anyone.
Only those who pulled the triggers.

Manhattan DA tried to charge three bullets as accesseries in a shooting but a Grand Jury failed to indict.
Old 04-03-2024, 05:56 PM   #155
JustRalph
Just another Facist

The Biden admin announced today that July 4 2024 will be

National Cross Dressing Serial Pedophiles day, across the nation!!
Old 04-03-2024, 06:01 PM   #156
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

And Memorial Day will named sniff a child at work day.
Old 04-03-2024, 06:15 PM   #157
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
I never said only democrats love violence. I just responded to you saying it was a republican thing. I have been a critic of GW and his wmds and Reagan and said so here. You want to go back in history abit, how about Johnson escalating a Trumped up war in Viet Nam? Johnson was a democrat.

And when Biden says white supremacy is an extesential threat to the United States, then yes, it is a declaration of war against whites. He is promoting race based hate. And that is civil war type talk, and that is straight from the mouth of the ceo of our country, a democrat.
If you check post #127 of this thread...you will see that I am implying no such thing.
Old 04-03-2024, 06:19 PM   #158
thaskalos

Respectfully...I must bow out of our discussion here. This is my 26th post in this thread, and if I keep going...I will lose the "driveby" status that PA-Mike has assigned to me.
Old 04-03-2024, 07:15 PM   #159
classhandicapper

Quote:
Funny. How do your “religious authorities” interpret Jesus’s comment that we should “turn the other cheek” when someone slaps our face? Does that sound like “self-defense” to you? Why didn’t Jesus say “don’t slap him back”, instead of telling us to “turn the other cheek”?

Stick to what you know, classhandicapper. You are clearly out of your depth when you debate religious matters.
Sorry, but you are wrong.

You are reading the English literally, but it's not a literal call for Christians to always be a pacifists and doormats to all aggression and evil. It's about resisting the urge to retaliate. That's why he referenced "eye for eye". He was overthrowing that idea. That has nothing to do with defending yourself when appropriate, defending your country when appropriate, trying to stop an injustice when appropriate etc... Jesus Himself got pissed off and was aggressive in the Temple.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 04-03-2024 at 07:20 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2024, 07:34 PM   #160
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Sorry, but you are wrong.

You are reading the English literally, but it's not a literal call for Christians to always be a pacifists and doormats to all aggression and evil. It's about resisting the urge to retaliate. That's why he referenced "eye for eye". He was overthrowing that idea. That has nothing to do with defending yourself when appropriate, defending your country when appropriate, trying to stop an injustice when appropriate etc... Jesus Himself got pissed off and was aggressive in the Temple.
Sorry...but all you are doing is offering lame excuses that fit your rhetoric. The plain truth is that Jesus would have NEVER said that we should "turn the other cheek", if what he really meant was to have us 'resist the urge to retaliate', as you so lamely assert. If he meant to stop us from "retaliating"...then he would have told us to simply walk away without "turning the other cheek". If Jesus was into "defending himself against inappropriate injustice"...then he would have gotten off the cross and kicked the Romans' ass. And if Jesus wasn't a "pacifist"...then he wouldn't allow the Roman soldiers to spit in his face.

As I said...stick to your simplistic handicapping methods. The religious discussions are way beyond your level of expertise.

Last edited by thaskalos; 04-03-2024 at 07:39 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2024, 07:59 PM   #161
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
And Memorial Day will named sniff a child at work day.
Old 04-03-2024, 08:01 PM   #162
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
The difference is that Trump is grabbing pussy with one hand, while waiving the bible with the other...but such hypocrisy goes unnoticed by people like you. And you call me "delusional"...
Leave Jimmy Swaggert out of this!!
Old 04-04-2024, 12:14 AM   #163
MargieRose

Someone needs to get off of his "lame" accusations, high horse, here.

"Jesus turned the other cheek by dying on the cross. This is non-violent resistance. Turning the other cheek is an action not inaction."
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2024, 12:39 AM   #164
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post

"Jesus turned the other cheek by dying on the cross. This is non-violent resistance. Turning the other cheek is an action not inaction."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIVDS58_Ta8
"Non-violent resistance".

I'd like to see this in action at Chicago's south side.
Old 04-04-2024, 01:31 AM   #165
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIVDS58_Ta8
See Mr. PA-Mike...THIS is what "driveby shooting" looks like. But, of course...it's a lot tougher to call Margie out than it is to do it to me.