Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 12-10-2014, 06:21 PM   #1
EJXD2

Brisnet.com finally rolls out unlimited data plan

When I joined Brisnet.com in summer 2011, the most common suggestion from this forum was to offer an unlimited subscription plan for our data files, and I promised it would be coming.

I'm sure many gave up and moved on (either to other products or the afterlife), but this is something I've wanted to make happen, and I'm glad it finally has.

So if you're still interested in an unlimited plan from Brisnet.com, our PP data files (in both single- or multi-file formats) are now available for $125/month (which is $100/month if you're a TSC Elite member [i.e. TwinSpires.com VIP]).

You can learn more about the plan http://www.brisnet.com/ppdataplan .

Thanks, everyone!
EJXD2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2014, 06:26 PM   #2
PICSIX
Mike Schultz

Awesome

Last edited by PICSIX; 12-10-2014 at 06:27 PM.
PICSIX is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #3
JimG

$125 a month and it does not include the exotic results files? Other people get multicaps files which include exotic results for $59 a month. A real shame Churchill Downs had to purchase Brisnet. Damn shame.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2014, 08:13 PM   #4
BIG49010

I don't see how this really helps anyone, at a dollar a card most people don't download over a $100 dollars a month.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:25 PM   #5
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJXD2
When I joined Brisnet.com in summer 2011, the most common suggestion from this forum was to offer an unlimited subscription plan for our data files, and I promised it would be coming.

I'm sure many gave up and moved on (either to other products or the afterlife), but this is something I've wanted to make happen, and I'm glad it finally has.

So if you're still interested in an unlimited plan from Brisnet.com, our PP data files (in both single- or multi-file formats) are now available for $125/month (which is $100/month if you're a TSC Elite member [i.e. TwinSpires.com VIP]).

Thanks, everyone!

How is $125/month a deal? Pay a dollar a card, 5 tracks a day, 25 per week, 100 a month.....Plus I live in a state where I can't legally be a TSC Elite member. Is this the best you can do? I'll give you another chance to revise your "DEAL".

Last edited by ReplayRandall; 12-10-2014 at 08:39 PM.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #6
Flysofree
Veteran

That is WAY TOO HIGH!
Flysofree is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2014, 09:48 PM   #7
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

Quote:

Thanks, everyone!
As much as I want this to be a great deal, IT'S NOT! If the deal was $79 - $89 for unlimited multicap files with results I would sign up now!
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2014, 10:42 PM   #8
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Swing and a miss!!!
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-10-2014, 10:46 PM   #9
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Air ball !
Old 12-10-2014, 11:27 PM   #10
SAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure
As much as I want this to be a great deal, IT'S NOT! If the deal was $79 - $89 for unlimited multicap files with results I would sign up now!
I agree with this- even if it included the exotic results files this price is too high. I can't imagine a stampede of people signing up for this plan
SAL is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2014, 12:12 AM   #11
rlopez781

Why pay $125/mo when you can sign up with Jcapper's Silver Unlimited deal of $90/mo .drf with exotics results files...If Brisnet wants to make this a homerun success,they should price it about $79/mo .drf with exotics results files...If they do that,they'll have a lot of sign ups...
rlopez781 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2014, 09:34 AM   #12
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlopez781
Why pay $125/mo when you can sign up with Jcapper's Silver Unlimited deal of $90/mo .drf with exotics results files...If Brisnet wants to make this a homerun success,they should price it about $79/mo .drf with exotics results files...If they do that,they'll have a lot of sign ups...
Ray, I agree. Unfortunately, it is the bean counter mentality that has been prevalent for some time. I am convinced none of the decision makers for CDI have ever bet on a horse race. Not including the exotic results at any price is pure folly. Anyone with a passing knowledge of computer handicapping files knows that the people who want unlimited also must have the results to complete their databases. Of course, the $125 price itself, is out of line as well. There are some good people working at Brisnet (including the OP). Unfortunately, none of them make these decisions.

Last edited by JimG; 12-11-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:24 AM   #13
EJXD2

Hey, all, thanks for the feedback!

We based on the price on known usage. Lots of people were already spending $125+ with us, so this is a great deal for them.

So we made some assumptions that "X" people spending $(y)*25/month ($50, $75, $100) would upgrade.

If they don't, then this will be a big bust. Sorry to hear the reception here isn't great, but I'm glad this is something we can offer our customers.

And fact remains, our prices have remained the same for years despite several increases among the competitors, so I think criticism of CDI owning us is unwarranted.

EdD
EJXD2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2014, 10:31 AM   #14
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Hey, all, thanks for the feedback!

We based on the price on known usage. Lots of people were already spending $125+ with us, so this is a great deal for them.

So we made some assumptions that "X" people spending $(y)*25/month ($50, $75, $100) would upgrade.

If they don't, then this will be a big bust. Sorry to hear the reception here isn't great, but I'm glad this is something we can offer our customers.

And fact remains, our prices have remained the same for years despite several increases among the competitors, so I think criticism of CDI owning us is unwarranted.

EdD
EdD, I gave you an extra chance to come with something of more value than you previously posted. If this is how you reply to what we've told you, then we have NO DEAL.......
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-11-2014, 10:52 AM   #15
JimG

Quote:

EdD
No they have not. First of all, TSN, which was an inexpensive alternative, was eliminated. This kept people from acquiring the $59 a month TSN pcs plan which included all data files and results. (To your credit you all did Grandfather in those that were on the plan the magic date of the dissolution, however everyone else that used the plan off and on was SOL)

Secondly, prior to CDI taking over, all brisbet and tsnbet customers got 20% off their brisnet bill if they bet during the month. That was eliminated then reinstated only for the high rollers by CDI.

I appreciate that you all are an advertiser here on Pace Advantage. However, it is obvious that nobody at CDI really listens to the horse player. It is all about money. Keeping the prices the same or raising them is driving away the horse players and worse yet, is a disincentive to get new blood in the sport. The days of pricing things like you are the only game in town should be ending. In the end that did not work well for Blockbuster. Innovative ways to offer customers a good deal that also adds money to brisnet is where the logic should be headed. But, this "offer" clearly indicates it is not.

Last edited by JimG; 12-11-2014 at 11:01 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: