Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 06:12 PM   #4366
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Since all truth is God's truth, then any attempt to disprove God, would by definition, necessarily involve deception.
I did not say I could disprove God. I said I could make you stop believing in God.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:16 PM   #4367
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
I reject claims about Baba because the bible predicted false Christs would rise up. Thanks for the example, though, since it affirms Christ's prophecies.
What tests does Sai Baba fail?
Old 10-31-2017, 06:23 PM   #4368
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Well then...for the record, all your arm and hand waving over the lack of secular, extra-biblical, unbiased sources as an excuse to not accept the truth claims of the bible is pure, unadulterated cow manure.
For the record, that's not an argument. It's just your opinion.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:20 PM   #4369
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
I did not say I could disprove God. I said I could make you stop believing in God.
Disproving God would be the only way you'd be able to do that.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:26 PM   #4370
boxcar

Quote:
For the record, that's not an argument. It's just your opinion.
Yeah...a very informed opinion since you have often complained about the woeful lack of unbiased, objective, secular sources that would support the bible's propositional truth claims. Now you have such sources for other religious claims and you still won't or can't believe. In other words, nothing in this world can get you to believe in any religion short of a miracle...which, by the way, is precisely how all of God's people come to believe on Christ due to man's sinful, depraved heart.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:17 PM   #4371
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Disproving God would be the only way you'd be able to do that.
Nope. There are other ways.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:21 PM   #4372
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Yeah...a very misinformed opinion ...
FTFY!

You still have not told us how you know Sai Baba is false prophet. I doubt that you will.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:17 PM   #4373
boxcar

Quote:
What tests does Sai Baba fail?
He fulfilled Christ's prophecy as a false prophet. He arrived on the world stage 2,000 years late.
Old 11-01-2017, 01:24 PM   #4374
boxcar

Quote:
Nope. There are other ways.
Not for me, there wouldn't be. But you're wasting your time. God's elect CANNOT be deceived (Mat 24:24).
Old 11-01-2017, 02:11 PM   #4375
boxcar

Matt 27:62-66
62 Now on the next day, which is the one after the preparation, the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered together with Pilate, 63 and said, "Sir, we remember that when He was still alive that deceiver said, 'After three days I am to rise again.' 64 "Therefore, give orders for the grave to be made secure until the third day, lest the disciples come and steal Him away and say to the people, 'He has risen from the dead,' and the last deception will be worse than the first." 65 Pilate said to them, "You have a guard; go, make it as secure as you know how." 66 And they went and made the grave secure, and along with the guard they set a seal on the stone.
NASB

Actor, since the Jewish leaders knew precisely what was at stake, i.e. an even worse deception by Jesus' disciples than the one they alleged to Jesus himself when he was alive, then why didn't the Jews hold an Open Tomb event on the third day to show "the people" what a fraud Jesus really was? The Jewish leaders could have driven a stake through the heart of the "Messiah Movement" on the third day. Christianity would have gone NOWHERE! The Jesus sect would have come to nothing and the leaders knew this (cf. Act 5:33-40). Why didn't they do it? Why didn't they seize the golden opportunity to take Jesus' "boast" that he would rise from the grave on the third day and throw it his follower's faces? Why didn't these leaders capitalize on Jesus' prediction to make laughingstocks of all his followers? Why didn't they embarrass and shame the disciples into oblivion by revealing to the whole world what a phony and two-bit huckster Jesus was?

Do you have a viable answer to these questions -- I mean other than any of your standard lame refrains, such as "Jesus never existed", or "Jesus never died", "none of the characters in the Gospels' narratives existed" etc.?
Old 11-01-2017, 03:29 PM   #4376
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
He fulfilled Christ's prophecy as a false prophet. He arrived on the world stage 2,000 years late.
That's rather vague. Can you be more precise? Exactly how did he fulfill Christ's said prophecy? Surely you're not going to claim that his mere arrival on the world stage is enough to fulfill the prophecy?
Old 11-01-2017, 03:32 PM   #4377
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Not for me, there wouldn't be. But you're wasting your time. God's elect CANNOT be deceived (Mat 24:24).
Yes, even for you. Perhaps especially for you. What part of deception not required do you not get?
Old 11-01-2017, 03:37 PM   #4378
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Do you have a viable answer to these questions -- I mean other than any of your standard lame refrains, such as "Jesus never existed", or "Jesus never died", "none of the characters in the Gospels' narratives existed" etc.?
What else is needed? As they say in science textbooks "it explains all verifiable data."

It really amazes me that otherwise intelligent people do not see the obvious truth that the gospels are fiction. Sometime I may post a list of reasons that is so.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:30 PM   #4379
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

FYI boxie,

Quote:
Today, a widely beloved saint in India, his face is seen adorning the millions of shrines, lockets, billboards and even cars of Hindus, Sikhs, Parsees, Christians and Muslims alike. Shirdi Sai Baba has a large following numbering in the millions in Asia, Europe and the United States. While he is recognizable throughout India, his devotees are especially numerous in the state of Maharashtra, the place of his death. The temple where he is buried marks a well-known pilgrimage.

Sai Baba never told his followers that he would be reincarnated or would return in human form and never endorsed any person/s to take over after him when he was alive. He didn’t need to as his presence is felt even now after his demise by millions of faithful devotees.
https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...r&GRid=9466064

Is your being a foil for Actor an act you two dreamt up? If it is YAWN.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Old 11-01-2017, 06:54 PM   #4380
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
FYI boxie,

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...r&GRid=9466064

Is your being a foil for Actor an act you two dreamt up? If it is YAWN.
FYI boxie,

The Sai Baba in the link Show Me posted is not the same Sai Baba I posted about.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sathya_Sai_Baba

Sathya Sai Baba (my link) claimed to be the reincarnation of Shirdi Sai Baba (Show Me's link).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: