Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-22-2023, 02:41 PM   #1
Horsery

Rude wagering Cashiers?

I had just started horse racing bets literally the day I met one of the rudest wagering Cashiers I have ever met. He was snarky and impatient with someone who had just started horse racing bets that same day. was stunned. I mentioned I had just started horse betting racing that day and he was still snarky and rude. You would think he'd be much nicer, more patient , and tolerant to someone who had just started horse racing bets that same day, but no. I even asked a more experienced horse racing bettor if there was a program that could help brand new horse racing bettors and he said there wasn't. I guess I should have just bought a race program book for a couple of dollars or something.
Horsery is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2023, 02:42 PM   #2
elhelmete

Literally, wut?
elhelmete is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2023, 04:02 PM   #3
Horsery

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
Literally, wut?
TLDR version. Wagering Cashier was rude to Horse Racing Betting Newbie.
Old 08-22-2023, 04:17 PM   #4
Inner Dirt

Did you play an exacta box using your birthday numbers, hit a $1 bet with 12 combinations, spending $12 and cash for $2375 and not even flip the guy a twenty and say "Get yourself a hamburger and a couple beers on me?"

By birthday numbers I was born February 4th, 1961. So if I was a birthday number player I would play on an exacta or tri box of 1,2,4,6. If I want to dig deeper in my pockets I throw the 9 in there.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2023, 04:48 PM   #5
Inner Dirt

On a more serious note, there are plenty of tutorials on how to bet. Also a lot of seasoned players like to wait for the last minute or minutes to wager, so when it gets close to post time the heat is on and I am sure the mutuel clerk
does not want to see people shut out, as his or her job is to run as much money through the windows as possible.

Since you probably are not dropping $1000 win bets and not setting limits on

where you draw the line on betting a horse, like "If I don't get at least 3-2 on Old Glue Factory, I am going to shit this one out" it would be best to bet very early when the lines are short, so the teller and patrons behind are not in a hurry.

Betting at a window isn't rocket science I did it when I was 14. I had this insane growth spurt, shot up damn near a foot between 13 and 14 while living in the weight room, I also had a full mustache. That was back in the day where if you looked around legal age you did not get carded. I had some beginners luck at Los Al, that was just a QH track back in 1975.

My step dad placed my first bet, $2 WPS on a $57 winner. It took me almost 30 years to top that win mutuel price. Step dad came back and handed me my money less $10, he said winner buys a couple rounds. He also told me I looked old enough and to go make my own damn bets. I was already to drop out of High School and become a professional horse player. I did not cash another ticket all night. I ended up like $25 up after expenses. I was constantly asking my step dad when we were going back to Los Al. My mom was like "Jack, do you see what you have caused?"

Once again Cliff and the others who think I make things up and lie like Joe Biden, copy this story and ask me about it after it is long since buried. Since it is the truth the details will not change.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2023, 04:57 PM   #6
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsery View Post

TLDR version. Wagering Cashier was rude to Horse Racing Betting Newbie.
The betting window isn't the place to ask for wagering advice, because other people behind you are in a rush to place their own wagers. The teller was wrong because rudeness is unacceptable...but you were wrong too, because you should have gotten the wagering information before walking up to place your bet.
Old 08-22-2023, 05:33 PM   #7
Horsery

He and I now get along much better now since that first day. I agree with the answers saying it can be annoying for Wagering Cashiers to have to hold brand new horse racing bettors hands with the betting process. I am no longer a brand new bettor, so I actually have a clue what I am doing with horse racing betting, lol.
Old 08-22-2023, 05:38 PM   #8
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Betting at a window isn't rocket science I did it when I was 14. I had this insane growth spurt, shot up damn near a foot between 13 and 14 while living in the weight room, I also had a full mustache. That was back in the day where if you looked around legal age you did not get carded. I had some beginners luck at Los Al, that was just a QH track back in 1975.

My step dad placed my first bet, $2 WPS on a $57 winner. It took me almost 30 years to top that win mutuel price. Step dad came back and handed me my money less $10, he said winner buys a couple rounds. He also told me I looked old enough and to go make my own damn bets. I was already to drop out of High School and become a professional horse player. I did not cash another ticket all night. I ended up like $25 up after expenses. I was constantly asking my step dad when we were going back to Los Al. My mom was like "Jack, do you see what you have caused?"

Once again Cliff and the others who think I make things up and lie like Joe Biden, copy this story and ask me about it after it is long since buried. Since it is the truth the details will not change.

Old 08-22-2023, 05:41 PM   #9
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Was that rude teller the only one in the joint?
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-22-2023, 07:42 PM   #10
Horsery

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
Was that rude teller the only one in the joint?
No, but he was the least busy....
Old 08-23-2023, 10:08 AM   #11
burnsy
self medicated

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-23-2023 at 11:30 AM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2023, 01:22 PM   #12
ranchwest

Burnsy, yepper.
Old 08-23-2023, 01:26 PM   #13
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
One of the best gambling movies ever
Old 10-05-2023, 01:33 PM   #14
Horsery

I just got congratulated by a Wagering Cashier on how good of a Horse Bettor I really am. The Wagering Cashier congratulated me on my good wagering instincts. I played WPS on the number 11 horse. I also played him as a WP. He came up as a Show. I turned in my WPS ticket and the Wagering Cashier was like,"Number 11 usually the LAST horse to finish the race. Everybody usually ignores him. I'm completely shocked he Showed. You putting him as a Win Place Show and him Showing when he is usually the last horse to finish the race shows you have good horse racing instincts."

This is all a far cry from my very first horse betting day when I had no idea what the hell I was doing and was annoying Wagering with my questions...,

Last edited by Horsery; 10-05-2023 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-05-2023, 02:14 PM   #15
elhelmete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsery View Post
I just got congratulated by a Wagering Cashier on how good of a Horse Bettor I really am. The Wagering Cashier congratulated me on my good wagering instincts. I played WPS on the number 11 horse. I also played him as a WP. He came up as a Show. I turned in my WPS ticket and the Wagering Cashier was like,"Number 11 usually the LAST horse to finish the race. Everybody usually ignores him. I'm completely shocked he Showed. You putting him as a Win Place Show and him Showing when he is usually the last horse to finish the race shows you have good horse racing instincts."

This is all a far cry from my very first horse betting day when I had no idea what the hell I was doing and was annoying Wagering with my questions...,
You're a riot!
elhelmete is online now   Reply With Quote Reply