Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 52 votes, 4.87 average.
Old 05-04-2014, 07:20 AM   #871
ten2oneormore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
On the condensed also?
Yeah looks that way on all the options
Old 05-04-2014, 10:50 AM   #872
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten2oneormore
Yeah looks that way on all the options
Equibase has the horse carrying 177 pounds, that is the problem. It will be corrected.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-04-2014, 10:51 AM   #873
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
It was his first day on the air with Andy Serling...also gave out the $25 winner of the 5th.
Second day.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2014, 04:55 PM   #874
BetHorses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetHorses!
I printed Aqu Condensed last night and there are some issues with layoff lines missing. Specifically 8th race #3 and #6. However this mornings version has this corrected. But I noticed this the other day as well. Just making sure you are aware. thanks.

Don't think this was addressed. Still seeing mistakes on condensed.

Another example at Belmont today:

Race 7 #8 Sounds of the city two back turf...condensed has synth
three back syn...condensed has turf
Old 05-11-2014, 05:11 PM   #875
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:

I'll forward this on in the morning.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:50 AM   #876
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I'll be on TVG in about 25 minutes to talk about last weekend's races.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #877
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:

This has been fixed, maybe a few stragglers out there from the last day or so but you won't see any going forward.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:44 PM   #878
BetHorses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
This has been fixed, maybe a few stragglers out there from the last day or so but you won't see any going forward.

Thank you!!
Old 05-14-2014, 03:28 PM   #879
TheEdge07
Veteran

Beer stirkes again

Scheduled local post time 2:53 pm

Race 4 is a $20k claimer restricted to non-winners of three races lifetime, and Pace Projector indicates it may have a strung-out field early, with several horses up on or near the lead.

That looks good to us because we’re hoping for some kind of contested pace scenario in this race, which has several different horses to choose from at good prices.

While we are interested in using horses like Poliziano (#9, 5-1 ML) and Bos’n Alwyne (#4, 30-1), who have been in form lately and figure to offer value in this race, we’ve gone another way for our top play. At first glance, Demon’s Deputy (#1, 12-1) appears to be heading the wrong way through four starts for his latest trainer, Juan Coronel. However, we think we can make some excuses for his recent efforts. He was in way over his head in his first start off the claim, when facing the freakishly fast (but fragile) Mean Season, then rated off the pace early on a day when speed was in favor in his next start (denoted by red in the race rating box), and finally catching a couple of off tracks at the end of March (note that he has never hit the board in 5 career wet track starts, nor has he approached his top speed figures in those races).

If Demon’s Deputy can get back to the races he was running last summer, he can be very competitive in here, especially if he catches some pace to run at. Obviously, our enthusiasm would be tempered were there rain in the area (a slight possibility according to the forecast), but assuming fast footing, we will try to get Demon’s Deputy back on track in this race.

The play:

Demon’s Deputy to win at odds of 10-1 or higher.

Demon’s Deputy with Poliziano and Bos’n Alwyne, and also with the logical Ten Items or Less (#7, 7-2), in vertical exotics.
TheEdge07 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2014, 09:59 AM   #880
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Mike is a VERY sharp handicapper. I've learned from him already reading his write-ups.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #881
mistergee

? about when pace projector says favors front runners. I noticed sometimes it will show a horse with a clear lead and it will not mention favors front and other times it will show maybe 3 horses fighting for the lead 3 across and it will show as favors front. As an avid customer I have still not figured this out?
mistergee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2014, 03:56 PM   #882
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergee
? about when pace projector says favors front runners. I noticed sometimes it will show a horse with a clear lead and it will not mention favors front and other times it will show maybe 3 horses fighting for the lead 3 across and it will show as favors front. As an avid customer I have still not figured this out?
Basically, in those scenarios, the horses that are bunched up are not really frontrunners. They are just the fastest early of the horses in the race. The Pace Projector takes running styles into account. Hope that helps!
Old 05-16-2014, 11:11 AM   #883
tanner12oz

ive used the pp's a few times and love the way they are on my pc screen but they never exactly transition to paper correctly. ive tinkered with formatting and such but it cuts off stuff (half the entries, spotlight numbers, pace projector)...jumbles information to a point of not even being understandable anymore...they are still usable to a degree but it requires me to handwrite alot of the information from the screen to the printouts in order to make them understandable (me drawing pace projectors aint pretty lol)...dont get why i cant simply hit print and whats on the screen prints....

also would still love to have internet explorer offered for those that have no option besides windows and microsoft then the printed issue wouldnt even be an issue. i know the IE thing is beating a dead horse but would use the service alot more if it didnt involve driving to the library to use a non IE browser

no that i look at it..i dont think it even appears right on screen with firefox...race 1 tomorrow at pimlico the preview entries only show 9 horses...no ability to scroll down or anything to see the other 5? am i doing something wrong or something? all other sites seem to appear just fine timeform doesnt seem to format correctly the few times ive used it...

Last edited by tanner12oz; 05-16-2014 at 11:19 AM.
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2014, 02:19 PM   #884
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner12oz
no that i look at it..i dont think it even appears right on screen with firefox...race 1 tomorrow at pimlico the preview entries only show 9 horses...no ability to scroll down or anything to see the other 5? am i doing something wrong or something? all other sites seem to appear just fine timeform doesnt seem to format correctly the few times ive used it...
I'm using Firefox and there is a scroll bar on the preview page. It is dark and a little tough to see, but it is there. You have to hover over the very right edge for it to appear and it goes away when you move off of it.

Also, the mouse wheel will scroll if you use that.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:36 PM   #885
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I use Control minus to shrink the screen (Ctrl -) then PrintScreen from Gadwin to copy and save the screen shot.

Tags
quick, timeform adjustment