Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 11-07-2018, 07:16 PM   #16
timtam

That really does suck! Back when Racing Alive from Penn National was one of

the first Telebet accounts where you could bet from home I went out and

ordered a one month subscription to the DRF. It was so helpful when I would

get Sat & Sundays editions on Tuesday of the following week. I was young and

naïve but I would have to scour the entire Lehigh Valley Pa just to find a place

that sold the DRF. They always wanted to ' save a copy ' for me at an extra

cost. So I think you should get something back in return and since the other

members here say they are on the up and up I wish you the best of Luck in

your endevours.
timtam is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2018, 07:44 PM   #17
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtam View Post
That really does suck! Back when Racing Alive from Penn National was one of

the first Telebet accounts where you could bet from home I went out and

ordered a one month subscription to the DRF. It was so helpful when I would

get Sat & Sundays editions on Tuesday of the following week. I was young and

naïve but I would have to scour the entire Lehigh Valley Pa just to find a place

that sold the DRF. They always wanted to ' save a copy ' for me at an extra

cost. So I think you should get something back in return and since the other

members here say they are on the up and up I wish you the best of Luck in

your endevours.
Cool story! Thanks for the kind response. I will try and cal tomorrow
CheckMark is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2018, 10:25 PM   #18
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
And 2 questions to ask you (if you can kindly answer)

1) would it be better if I said about maybe receiving a free edition of ctc 19

2) how many times do you order crushing the cup? Every year or every other year?

1.) Before even going this route, take a look at when your order was postmarked. It might be an issue that is out of their hands and not necessarily their fault.

2.) I have ordered every year from about 2010 to 2017. I didn't order this year because I took a break from handicapping.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:39 AM   #19
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotic Parakeet View Post
1.) Before even going this route, take a look at when your order was postmarked. It might be an issue that is out of their hands and not necessarily their fault.

2.) I have ordered every year from about 2010 to 2017. I didn't order this year because I took a break from handicapping.
And the dumb thing is that the postmarked stamp was made October 22nd and SHIPPED OUT ON October 22nd PRIORITY SHIPPING! So therefore it should have came at the right time.
Old 11-08-2018, 06:55 AM   #20
Frost king

Quote:
And the dumb thing is that the postmarked stamp was made October 22nd and SHIPPED OUT ON October 22nd PRIORITY SHIPPING! So therefore it should have came at the right time.
Look Checkmark, they have no control over how fast the mail travels. On top of that, you have had rotating postal strikes in Canada for the last few weeks. So how can it be their fault? Instead of spending a few days crying on the internet, why don’t you spend a few minutes and call either Dennis or Jim. Explain to them what has happened, and they will take care of you. You should have called them in the first place before starting this thread. You never gave them a chance to correct the issue before you started slamming them. I have had mail come from the US that was registered with a signature take 3 weeks. Things get held up at customs.
Frost king is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2018, 07:01 AM   #21
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost king View Post
Look Checkmark, they have no control over how fast the mail travels. On top of that, you have had rotating postal strikes in Canada for the last few weeks. So how can it be their fault? Instead of spending a few days crying on the internet, why don’t you spend a few minutes and call either Dennis or Jim. Explain to them what has happened, and they will take care of you. You should have called them in the first place before starting this thread. You never gave them a chance to correct the issue before you started slamming them. I have had mail come from the US that was registered with a signature take 3 weeks. Things get held up at customs.
Welll I’m not crying first of all. And second jim emailed me 2 days before and said it will come before the Breeders Cup!
Old 11-08-2018, 09:59 AM   #22
CheckMark

FINALLY got a responce from Jim, here it is

Hey Conley:
When we sent that package we expressly said that we could NOT guarantee on time delivery to Canada. Mail is slow and there were sporadic strikes in Canada. Plus you ordered very late in the game.

Nonetheless, we will process a refund for you but please do not bother us anymore. You are not representative of our customer base and your email tone above is not appreciated.

Please send me your cc info and we will process asap. We do not keep cc info on file.

I don't know what to say now.....
Old 11-08-2018, 10:38 AM   #23
JimG

Quote:

Hey Conley:
When we sent that package we expressly said that we could NOT guarantee on time delivery to Canada. Mail is slow and there were sporadic strikes in Canada. Plus you ordered very late in the game.

Nonetheless, we will process a refund for you but please do not bother us anymore. You are not representative of our customer base and your email tone above is not appreciated.

Please send me your cc info and we will process asap. We do not keep cc info on file.

You don't need to say anything. Just handle it privately with Jim.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2018, 10:43 AM   #24
turfnsport

Quote:
Well, at least it is perfectly clear now it should have been the postal service you were ranting about and not Progressive Handicapping.
turfnsport is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2018, 11:38 AM   #25
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:

Hey Conley:

Maybe an apology?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-08-2018, 11:50 AM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Say this...

"Maybe it's me?"
Old 11-08-2018, 12:36 PM   #27
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Maybe an apology?
Sent!
Old 11-08-2018, 01:19 PM   #28
CheckMark

Here is the note I sent him now (because the first one sounded dumb)

Jim,

What I said before about maling and blaming you about my order is so wrong on my part. I did realize that Fergus is now on strike for our mail and making its way throughout the province. I should have wrote a email about maybe considering a refund but now I think it is too late to send one now. If you can read this and maybe consider a refund by mail (because I don't have a credit card) or maybe consider recievening a product of equal or lesser value is much appreciated! Again write if you want, but it is up to you since you are in charge of EVERYTHING at Progressive Handicapping.

Again sorry and this WILL not happen again on future appearances,

Yours sincerely,

Conley Ecclestone.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: