Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 11-18-2019, 07:27 AM   #31
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
That’s all well and good as far as the wind gusts go.
However, I believe Tom Brady has perhaps seen any number of games with similar conditions. He’s also notorious for successfully executing the short pass.
The wind gusts may impact the game somewhat, but its not like its going to be blowing constantly at 20mph.
I’m glad the Eagles are facing another team with a strong passing Offense. They haven’t performed very well against teams with a similar Offense.
I also believe the Patriot Defense can handle the Eagle running attack. If Wentz goes to the air, I question his experience under windy conditions especially if he’s put under any sort of pressure. He certainly doesn't have the same release time as Brady.
that analysis turned out to be spot on THIS TIME. keep it up
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2019, 07:36 AM   #32
lamboguy

after the game you can tell that the New England defense played as good as you can especially when it counted.

the big weakness remained with #72 on the offensive line. most of the Patriot offensive plays were geared to the stronger side of their line. the running backs were running to the right and Brady was rolling right all day as well. a real good team will pick up on that and exploit it.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:07 AM   #33
Secondbest

Brady didn't look good at all. Overthrowing on screen passes a couple of missed picks. After the game he was very unhappy at the podium.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2019, 09:19 AM   #34
Teach

I was ambivalent. You know…mixed emotions. I’m a long-time Patriots rooter; yet, I believed that they were vulnerable going into the Eagles game.

I had predicted that the score would be Eagles 26, Patriots 17. I got the Patriots score right, but the Eagles, after a quick start, came to a screeching halt. If you bet "The Under"...

No “sour grapes.” Bill Belichick is: “The Master of Preparation.”

First, I thought the Patriots’ “unsung hero” was their punter, Jake Bailey. His boots constantly put the Eagles in poor field position throughout the game. The Patriots got some receiving help from three seemingly unlikely sources: Ben Watson, Rex Burkhead, and N’Keal Harry.

Second, there is no doubt that the Eagles missed running back, Jordan Howard. He’s the kind of punishing runner that would have likely given the Patriots trouble.

And to think that the only Patriots TD was a pass thrown by the former Kent State QB Julian Edelman to Phillip Dorsett (Philadelphia should have been called for “targeting” on the TD play as the Eagles’ defender speared Dorsett (he left the game with a concussion).

Yet, I felt there was some questionable officiating. Those calls, or should I say, lack thereof, may well have changed the complexion of the game. There was one where the Patriots tight end, Matt LaCosse, fumbled. It was called incomplete, not a fumble. As it turns out, the play could not be challenged. If the call had been reversed, the Eagles would have been “sitting pretty” on the Patriots 30.

Another play involved Edelman breaking up a pass intended for him. I thought for sure the officials were going to call him for offensive pass-interference.

Once again, it was the Patriots defense, e. g., Kyle Van Noy (“MVP…MVP”), Terrence Brooks, Danny Shelton, etc. who did an excellent job of stuffing the run and putting pressure of Wentz. The Patriots defense held the Eagles to just 81-yards rushing on 21 carries. Carson Wentz (“nervous feet” in the pocket) was just 20 for 40 for a modest 214 yards. His biggest play was that pass interference call on the first offensive play of the game (after that it was, for the most part, downhill for the Eagles; they did lead 10-0 midway through the 2nd quarter).

In conclusion, I believe the Patriots deserved the win. They were the better team. It wasn’t “sexy,” but as they say, “A win is a win is a win.” Next Sunday: At home against Dallas.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Last edited by Teach; 11-18-2019 at 09:23 AM.
Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2019, 09:46 AM   #35
lamboguy

monday line

N.E. Patriots - 6 1/2

total 46

fully exposed poor left side of offensive line. will this problem be solved in a week? you pay to find out!

i suspect it will be straightened out by playoff time, until then you have a very vulnerable team going up against the best the league has to offer now.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:25 AM   #36
king kong

Bad calls

How bad are the calls that swings games week to week by the REFS!
king kong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2019, 10:05 AM   #37
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

This was a bitter pill to swallow for Eagles fans. Can't believe that Alshon Jeffery and Jordan Howard didn't play. That's the Eagles best running back and wide receiver(since Jackson was out). The news of their scratches didn't come out until Friday. They had two weeks to rest and still they’re injured? They weren’t injured for the last game. The Eagles had NO SHOT with those two not playing.
Redboard is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2019, 10:08 AM   #38
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
This was a bitter pill to swallow for Eagles fans. Can't believe that Alshon Jeffery and Jordan Howard didn't play. That's the Eagles best running back and wide receiver(since Jackson was out). The news of their scratches didn't come out until Friday. They had two weeks to rest and still they’re injured? They weren’t injured for the last game. The Eagles had NO SHOT with those two not playing.
that explains why the line jumped.