Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #46
Ocala Mike

Adrian Peterson indicted for child injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac

That should be more of the issue, why are these athletes having so many kids by so many different women?
Their libidos and the "baby daddy" culture. The athletes don't "have" the kids (in any sense); the women do, and most of them know who they're bedding down with and hope to be their "baby mama" for financial gain.

PS - I am an ex-Child Support Enforcement Agent; saw it all with people from all stations in life. The dads always told me, "The screwing you got is never worth the screwing you get."
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2014, 09:39 PM   #47
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Pure conjecture here:

I think a lot of this "outside the law" and "big man on campus" behavior stems from a few things:

1) most of these elite athletes have never been told NO since they can remember...not by their high school coach, not by their teachers and professors, and sadly many of them not by their parents/guardians.

2) many of these elite athletes come from poor (and I mean really poor) upbringings...give a poor kid who never had anything a $2 million signing bonus and some crazy stuff is bound to happen
Heck, I was raised middle class, and if you gave me 2mil at age 20 or 21 I guarantee you some crazy shit would have gone down.

I think the NFL has to do a better job of teaching the suddenly rich how to handle it.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:00 PM   #48
jballscalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike
Their libidos and the "baby daddy" culture. The athletes don't "have" the kids (in any sense); the women do, and most of them know who they're bedding down with and hope to be their "baby mama" for financial gain.

PS - I am an ex-Child Support Enforcement Agent; saw it all with people from all stations in life. The dads always told me, "The screwing you got is never worth the screwing you get."
We have a guy that's at our OTB all the time who says he has 14 kids from 9 women. I asked him how many of them he sees and he said 2
Old 09-18-2014, 01:06 AM   #49
Clocker

The latest idiocy on this subject: Reggie Bush says he disciplines his 1 year old daughter, but is careful not to leave bruises.

What kind of an idiot thinks that a 1 year old learns anything from pain except fear? The rationalizations about star athletes and special treatment and so forth just don't cut it. This guy is a menace to society.

Some argue that people think like this because that's the way they were raised. That is the behavior of feral animals acting out of instinct rather than reason. The fact that your father was an unenlightened beast does not justify the failure to progress beyond that.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:37 PM   #50
thaskalos

This criminal behavior among the "respected" athletes...does it surface only when they start making the big money as pros...or is it exhibited in college too -- but it's covered up?
Old 09-18-2014, 03:59 PM   #51
Clocker

Peterson appears to have some real problems as a parent. I see some custodial litigation coming out of this. A report from the CBS station in the Twin Cities says that Peterson expressed pride in the kid because “He got about five more pops than normal. He didn’t drop one tear! … He’s tough as nails.”

Quote:
The child told his mother Peterson likes belts and switches and has a whooping room, according to the report.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:09 PM   #52
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Peterson appears to have some real problems as a parent. I see some custodial litigation coming out of this. A report from the CBS station in the Twin Cities says that Peterson expressed pride in the kid because “He got about five more pops than normal. He didn’t drop one tear! … He’s tough as nails.”
The person who leaked the pictures of the abused child will probably be punished more severely than Peterson himself.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:19 PM   #53
TJDave

The report also states the four year-old had been hit with a belt, and that Peterson put leaves in the boy’s mouth while he was being hit with the switch with his pants down.

Wow

I don't care where you're from...That's pretty f'ed up.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:44 PM   #54
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
I don't care where you're from...That's pretty f'ed up.
What, you don't have a whooping room in your house?
Old 09-18-2014, 06:00 PM   #55
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
The person who leaked the pictures of the abused child will probably be punished more severely than Peterson himself.
The article from the CBS affiliate I linked to said that the pictures were part of the police report. So it might have been part of the public record, but it is not clear.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #56
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
What, you don't have a whooping room in your house?
Gangnam style.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:14 PM   #57
Clocker

Weirder and weirder. Peterson's mother says she whooped her kids with a switch, and doesn't see the big deal.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:42 PM   #58
thaskalos

Doesn't the fact that Peterson texted the mother to inform her about the beating suggest that the beating itself was not considered to be a big deal? Who's to say that the mother did not approve of these beatings too...and that Peterson was just concerned that the mother would be "upset" about the severity of this particular one?
Old 09-18-2014, 08:03 PM   #59
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Doesn't the fact that Peterson texted the mother to inform her about the beating suggest that the beating itself was not considered to be a big deal? Who's to say that the mother did not approve of these beatings too...and that Peterson was just concerned that the mother would be "upset" about the severity of this particular one?
Does it matter what the mother thought? He's busted now.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2014, 09:09 AM   #60
davew

smoked a little weed

http://www.today.com/video/today/56208944/#56208944
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply