Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-23-2018, 11:59 PM   #31
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
Congrats Dan. I see you are now a zero also. I know it's been a lot of hard work but you did it
I don't want to speak for Seņor Fantastico but he probably considers it a badge of honor.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2018, 02:02 AM   #32
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I guess Trump truly is a Democrat after all...
Not really.

Stay in DC for another night or sign the bill and get on a plane heading for his resort in Florida?

I think it came down to Donny Boy wanting to go to Mar-a-Lago today for the weekend more than he gave two ----s about the funding bill.

Anybody think I'm wrong?
Old 03-24-2018, 02:14 AM   #33
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post

Stay in DC for another night or sign the bill and get on a plane heading for his resort in Florida?

Anybody think I'm wrong?
Wrong.

Why would he have to stay in town if he vetoed the bill?

He could have vetoed the bill and left town just as easily, dumping it all back into the laps of Ryan and McConnell.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:19 AM   #34
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Wrong.

Why would he have to stay in town if he vetoed the bill?

He could have vetoed the bill and left town just as easily, dumping it all back into the laps of Ryan and McConnell.
I could explain why I believe I'm right but I'm trying rather hard to stop being so boring.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:31 AM   #35
boxcar

Quote:
I could explain why I believe I'm right but I'm trying rather hard to stop being so boring.
I think many of us really appreciate you sparing us of death by boredom.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:45 AM   #36
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Trump committed the worst sin possible - he acted like a Democrat.
Actually Trump committed two unpardonable sins: Acting like a dimwit and a spineless establishment RINO.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:03 AM   #37
chadk66

at this point he's just another politician
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2018, 09:04 AM   #38
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Unless he pulls off some "superhuman" feat, Trump has dug himself into a very deep hole from which he very likely will not escape in 2020. And we should not forget, that many Trump supporters will not be energized to rally around him and vote R in the mid-terms either. He could be dead in the water as early as 2018!

Actions have consequences. He betrayed his base big time! He apparently thinks that he can drain the swamp by becoming a swamp creature himself.

I wrote to him today and told him that he's FIRED! He betrayed my trust, and I let him know in no uncertain terms that I don't appreciate his actions today.
Where you fail is setting the measure of a man to a standard that no one can meet. Do not be surprised when what you say does not come to pass and you look like the first to jump ship for nothing. As JR accurately stated that it is all gravy, I think that before 2018 President Donald J. Trump will have to select the next Supreme Court Justice. It will be interesting when that happens what your comments will be.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2018, 09:48 AM   #39
woodtoo

Tough crowd.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2018, 10:15 AM   #40
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Here you go elysiantraveller...here you go...you've waited for this like, forever now.

Take notes.
About a year... it will get worse.

He'll sell out everyone who bought his rhetoric when it's done.

Some saw this writing on the wall.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2018, 10:24 AM   #41
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Tough crowd.
Spineless POTUS.

He lacks backbone, integrity, and intelligence.
Danny and Horsey will be praising him soon.
After all, he just proved he is one of them.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:30 AM   #42
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Where you fail is setting the measure of a man to a standard that no one can meet. Do not be surprised when what you say does not come to pass and you look like the first to jump ship for nothing. As JR accurately stated that it is all gravy, I think that before 2018 President Donald J. Trump will have to select the next Supreme Court Justice. It will be interesting when that happens what your comments will be.
But it is Trump who failed to meet a very realistic standard and expectations of his base -- which was to not sell them out. To not behave like an establishment politician. To act on principle. All these were very realistic and achievable standards. Who held a gun to his head to force him to cave to the swamp creatures? But now...now...that Trump has blinked, he has created a mountain of doubt in many peoples' minds. He has added to his political woes because now he has the monumental task of also restoring the confidence that his base had in prior to the election -- and even prior to him signing this bill. Have you ever heard the old adage:

Once fooled, shame on me; twice fooled shame on you?

Or this: Once bitten, twice shy?.

Do you think for a moment that Trump gained the respect and favor and admiration of the swamp creatures and the lamestream media by signing that bill? I say not! In fact, I say that they despise him even more for signing the bill because they detect weakness in him! They have drawn blood! They also see their own hypocrisy in him. They loathe him more than they even loathe themselves.

The last thing in the world Trump needed was to create more enemies for himself. And this is what he accomplished by singing that stupid bill. A lot of people feel betrayed. In many conservatives' minds Trump's action affirms their worst fears -- that true conservatism in this country is in its death thralls. True conservatism in this country has been on life support since Regan left office.

As far as the SC goes, that is beyond Trump's control! Before he can do anything more with the court, someone must die or resign. And what happens if either of these scenarios occur with a conservative on the court, instead of a liberal? You place an awful lot of hope on two big IFs!
Old 03-24-2018, 10:43 AM   #43
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Trump signing that bill proves he is a total moron.
OR a democrat, but then that is redundant.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:55 AM   #44
boxcar

And one more thing since I'm on a roll...

By Trump signing this bill, he has to a large degree mitigated the benefits to his tax cuts. We all should know by now how the swamp creatures work. By Trump piling on to the national debt, the establishment will use this ever-growing mountain of debt as an excuse as to why taxes must be raised. If Trump doesn't get re-elected in 2020 (which I think now is more likely than not either because of impeachment or election results), the establishment will rescind the current tax cuts early by simply creating new legislation under the guise of paying down the debt. It matters not a whit that they created the debt. They will declare a DEBT CRISIS. All that will matter is that they will insist that the debt is out of control and must be payed down. And to their way of thinking decreased spending is a totally foreign idea. Whereas raising taxes is a no-brainer.

But it gets even worse. How the establishment would sell their tax increase is by insisting that it's not really a tax increase! If congress limits the increase to the previous levels, they will tell the American people that their taxes are only be restored to the old level -- that it's not really an increase to the base of the old level. Or if they even raised the level slightly above the old base, they will sell their tax increase accordingly -- that the increase amounts to only.....(drum roll, please) CRUMBS, that every red-blooded American patriot should be ready, willing and able to share in just sacrifice of crumbs!
Old 03-24-2018, 11:00 AM   #45
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Not really.

I think it came down to Donny Boy wanting to go to Mar-a-Lago today for the weekend more than he gave two ----s about the funding bill.

Anybody think I'm wrong?
You can never be wrong in assuming the selfish worst of Trump.

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply