Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 08-05-2018, 07:30 PM   #31
linrom1
Veteran

BRISNET past performance files aren't free. They are paid for by the individuals or entities that sponsor them.

I have no idea what limitations on use are stipulated by Brisnet, but I am certain that they are not supposed to be free to all.
linrom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2018, 08:47 PM   #32
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrom1 View Post
BRISNET past performance files aren't free. They are paid for by the individuals or entities that sponsor them.

I have no idea what limitations on use are stipulated by Brisnet, but I am certain that they are not supposed to be free to all.
Downthestretch, Horse racing.net and a few other sites provide the same links to the same PP's. All of the sites appear to have paid advertising. What is the difference between Whobet and the other sites? You can still access the links on those sites with no problems.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2018, 09:37 PM   #33
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

And btw, I hope I haven't been misled in this thread into thinking brisnet or whomever specifically targeted whobet's site by changing the link or whatever they did to somehow disable the link from whobet.

Is that actually true? I could have sworn I went to whobet a few days ago and noticed the link on HIS site is slightly different then the link to the actual PP.

Meaning, maybe they changed the way they format the links and whobet just needs to change to the new format on his site. Like what happened to me with my weather links on the home page.

What's the story guys?
Old 08-05-2018, 10:17 PM   #34
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
And btw, I hope I haven't been misled in this thread into thinking brisnet or whomever specifically targeted whobet's site by changing the link or whatever they did to somehow disable the link from whobet.

Is that actually true? I could have sworn I went to whobet a few days ago and noticed the link on HIS site is slightly different then the link to the actual PP.

Meaning, maybe they changed the way they format the links and whobet just needs to change to the new format on his site. Like what happened to me with my weather links on the home page.

What's the story guys?
We will probably never know the REAL STORY on this one...unless one of the said posters here on PA knows and wants to divulge something, or if it is on the YOUBET side maybe it will just start working again, assuming it gets fixed, one would think it would...otherwise why continue with the now NON-fully functional website...seems like he would lose his ad clients, no...?

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 08-05-2018 at 10:25 PM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2018, 12:45 AM   #35
jay68802

I know I used the site in the early am on the day it quit working and it worked then. I also visited the site tonight and normally he has a large add on the top of the page and it said "Advertise Here" instead of having a add. Tried to contact and have not received a reply, too bad, because I liked using his site.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2018, 12:15 PM   #36
chaz63

Quote:

What's the story guys?
I promise you, you have not been mislead. At least when it comes to Bris's desire to have whobet go away.
chaz63 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2018, 12:37 PM   #37
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

So whobet's links are the only ones that don't work...and they are formatted exactly like the alternate site people are recommending in this thread?
Old 08-06-2018, 12:45 PM   #38
mikesal57
Veteran

Is Bris listed on Whobets site?
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2018, 12:54 PM   #39
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
So whobet's links are the only ones that don't work...and they are formatted exactly like the alternate site people are recommending in this thread?
Yes, formatted exactly,so it seems the problem must be with trks2day.com. Needs some kind of update, I guess.

Downthestretch.com...http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/brisw...9/summary.html

Trks2day.com...
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/brisw...9/summary.html
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2018, 12:57 PM   #40
picojim

Whobet just posted this message on the website

Info on how to get the BRISWATCH data: Something has changed at BRISWATCH. BRIS is trying to Kill Whobet's website! Whobet, I need your help. When I use Chrome I get the aforementioned message that the site is unavailable. If I switch to Internet Explorer I get the same message but if I then refresh the page I get the correct BRIS document and can download the PP�s as before. I get the same results with Edge as I get with Chrome. If need be, I�ll use Internet Explorer and add the extra step of refreshing the page but I�d rather use Chrome. Any idea what might be causing this? I also noted that if I copied the BRIS address to another doc such as the body of an e-mail message, it worked fine with Chrome and Edge but only intermittently with IE.
picojim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2018, 01:00 PM   #41
chaz63

Quote:
Originally Posted by picojim View Post
Whobet just posted this message on the website

Info on how to get the BRISWATCH data: Something has changed at BRISWATCH. BRIS is trying to Kill Whobet's website! Whobet, I need your help. When I use Chrome I get the aforementioned message that the site is unavailable. If I switch to Internet Explorer I get the same message but if I then refresh the page I get the correct BRIS document and can download the PP�s as before. I get the same results with Edge as I get with Chrome. If need be, I�ll use Internet Explorer and add the extra step of refreshing the page but I�d rather use Chrome. Any idea what might be causing this? I also noted that if I copied the BRIS address to another doc such as the body of an e-mail message, it worked fine with Chrome and Edge but only intermittently with IE.
Mr. Whobet himself has just confirmed that BRIS is behind this in the beginning of his statement.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:00 PM   #42
picojim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz and Boltz View Post
Yes, formatted exactly,so it seems the problem must be with trks2day.com. Needs some kind of update, I guess.

no the problem is Brisnet is blocking links from the whobet website,
I guess they do not like them profiting from free brisnet PPs
picojim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2018, 01:05 PM   #43
chaz63

Quote:
DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!
Old 08-06-2018, 01:09 PM   #44
coachv30

The "Right Cliick / open link in Incognito window" as mentioned before works on Chrome.
Old 08-06-2018, 01:18 PM   #45
MONEY

Quote:
The PPs are not FREE.

They are sponsored by various Trainers, Farms, Owners, Syndicates and Breeders.

Whobet just provides easy access to content that has already been paid for.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: